Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Palm Pre to Arrive in Canada on Bell Mobility Network

Palm, Inc. (NASDAQ:PALM) today announced that Palm Pre™, the first phone based on the new Palm® webOS™ mobile platform, will debut in Canada exclusively on Bell Mobility’s 3G high-speed mobile network in the second half of 2009.(1)
    i jus was about to post this. Palm still cant give a sprint date.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    i jus was about to post this. Palm still cant give a sprint date.
    It's not Palm's date to give, it's Sprint's.

I did find this part of the press release interesting:

Palm webOS is invented exclusively for mobile use. It’s the first mobile platform to automatically bring your information from the many places it resides – on your phone, at work or on the web – into one simple, integrated view.(1) The new Palm Pre and webOS are designed to be so in sync with your needs that it feels like Pre is thinking ahead for you.
    (my emphasis added).

I've not seen it spelled out that way before by Palm. It may have been, but if so, I missed it before.

Bodes poorly for those that still want a synch solution from Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

[I]Palm webOS is invented exclusively for mobile use.

I've not seen it spelled out that way before by Palm. It may have been, but if so, I missed it before.

I think it's more their way of saying "We didn't boil down Windows or OS X to make a mobile OS, no, we build ours from the ground up."
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

Palm webOS is invented exclusively for mobile use. It’s the first mobile platform to automatically bring your information from the many places it resides – on your phone, at work or on the web – into one simple, integrated view.(1) The new Palm Pre and webOS are designed to be so in sync with your needs that it feels like Pre is thinking ahead for you.
    (my emphasis added).

You are right. i can almost guarantee that bell with give the people a date months before release.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young HoV 718 View Post
    You are right. i can almost guarantee that bell with give the people a date months before release.
    Yeah because supply will be ready, software will be good to go, and they will have already had a significant launch under their belt. They had none of that in advance for the Sprint launch. Miss a date you are screwed.
    I would think that it's the GSM version in Canada.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Bell Mobility is a CDMA carrier
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I would think that it's the GSM version in Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    Bell Mobility is a CDMA carrier
    Of the three major Canadian carriers (Bell, Telus, and Rogers), only Rogers is GSM.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright