Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 29
  1.    #1  
    I am a member of the Release the Pre Coalition and we have made the following video to give Palm incentive to either release the pre or at least give us a release date.

    While this method is extreme, I see no other way to communicate to Palm how important it is to give us a release date.

  2. #2  
    It begins...
  3. #3  
    Sorry. But that is lame.
  4. #4  
    Lol, this ought to be funny. Maybe we can get the big 5 Pre blogs to pick it up.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    Sorry. But that is lame.
    You're lame, you just joined..

    Video was good, haha, made me laugh. It would have been funny if someone saw this in the garage and called the cops lol
  6. #6  
    Wow...eeh...wow.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    It would have been funny if someone saw this in the garage and called the cops lol
    haha thats the same thing i was thinking!
  8. #8  
    Is this the start of that viral marketing campaign?
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by NM08SRT8 View Post
    You're lame, you just joined..
    So since I just joined I shouldn't share my opinion? BTW, I have been a part of PreCentral since it started up in Jan...had to change my username for personal reasons. Ergo, I am technically a more tenured member...
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by spectator52 View Post
    Sorry. But that is lame.
    I wish I'd believed you and not watched it. There go 30 seconds of my life that I'll never get back.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  11. #11  
    So... is this just some random person making a video? Or is this the start of that viral campaign?
  12. timGSU's Avatar
    Posts
    167 Posts
    Global Posts
    210 Global Posts
    #12  
    I think we are all wondering that very thing!
  13. #13  
    Are you from Seattle OP? Refusing to leave your apt????
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    Are you from Seattle OP? Refusing to leave your apt????
    I looked again, the license plates say California, so maybe it's just some person doing it on their own and not Palm... either that or there's separate campaigns they're doing.
  15. #15  
    The website is giving Palm 24hrs to give the release date. Thats the 7th which has been rumored to be the announcement day. Meh... we'll find out soon enough I guess.
  16. #16  
    The car's from Harbor City, which is a good distance from Sunnyvale and Seattle. Can't deny the possibility that it was bought in Harbor City and has relocated since. The problem with the video is that the youtube description says

    "Kidnapping and hostage video of an unknown group demanding Palm give a release date of the pre"

    While the website says they are the "Release the Pre Coalition"...this "group" should have some idea of who they are! The wordpress, youtube account, and this forum account were all registered today, so there are no signs of planning this in advance. Also, what's the point of the blog if Palm could just email them directly?

    Seems too fishy and obviously fake (and a smidge too professionally done for a joke), my bet's that this is the viral vid. I guess we'll find out more in 24 hours though.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima301 View Post
    The car's from Harbor City, which is a good distance from Sunnyvale and Seattle. Can't deny the possibility that it was bought in Harbor City and has relocated since. The problem with the video is that the youtube description says

    "Kidnapping and hostage video of an unknown group demanding Palm give a release date of the pre"

    While the website says they are the "Release the Pre Coalition"...this "group" should have some idea of who they are! The wordpress, youtube account, and this forum account were all registered today, so there are no signs of planning this in advance. Also, what's the point of the blog if Palm could just email them directly?

    Seems too fishy and obviously fake (and a smidge too professionally done for a joke), my bet's that this is the viral vid. I guess we'll find out more in 24 hours though.
    This looks professionally done!? Wow.. you have some high standards. This is definitely no LonelyGirl15, though they did get pretty involved with the little idea.
  18. #18  
    That's just too good... funny... Is this a viral video from Palm itself?
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    This looks professionally done!? Wow.. you have some high standards. This is definitely no LonelyGirl15, though they did get pretty involved with the little idea.
    Well I don't mean that it looks like a professional video, just that it's, as you said, pretty involved for a basic idea. A lot of little things could have gone wrong with the kidnapping part, like the nabbing part not going so smoothly or the camera not being reasonably steady. I've seen lots of amateur camera-in-hand videos on youtube, this just seems better than the average one, especially for a silly skit that (I hope) the OP knows is going nowhere.

    I still think the youtube description and the rather pointless blog point to this thing being viral...I could be barking up the wrong tree though. I think the fact that the poster gave no additional details or posts after his first leads toward the possibility as well.
  20. #20  
    Palm wouldn't use an iPhone in one of their viral ads
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions