1.    #1  
    My main account has a different domain than @gmail.com but is hosted by G-Mail and is accessed through a GMail interface but login is not done through www.gmail.com

I use GMail Apps such as Calendar and Contacts and I was wondering if anyone knew if these types of accounts would work with Synergy?
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Yes.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    My main account has a different domain than @gmail.com but is hosted by G-Mail and is accessed through a GMail interface but login is not done through www.gmail.com

I use GMail Apps such as Calendar and Contacts and I was wondering if anyone knew if these types of accounts would work with Synergy?
    Now I find that very interesting. That might be worth switching to G-Mail (which I assume is Google) to host my domain.

May I ask how much you pay for the service, how much email they allow, data storage, data trasfer, etc?
    You can get a free version of Google Apps but it is ad supported and not for commercial uses. Google Apps - Details on the free version

It is great to hear that this is supported by WebOS, do you have a link to were that was confirmed Derek?
    You know, I can't remember where I read that, but I really can't see any reason that your Google account, whether it's @gmail.com or not, wouldn't work.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Now I find that very interesting. That might be worth switching to G-Mail (which I assume is Google) to host my domain.

May I ask how much you pay for the service, how much email they allow, data storage, data trasfer, etc?
    It's free unless you want them to host your domain in which case it costs $10 a year.
    The Google Apps Professional is $50.00 per year per user. I have been using it for over a year and a half and it works great. I have IMAP email, Push Calendar and contacts on my iPhone. Hope the Pre will support it.

My emphasis added

Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    It's free unless you want them to host your domain in which case it costs $10 a year.
    That's what we were talking about, them hosting the domain. What does the $10 include?
    My emphasis added

That's what we were talking about, them hosting the domain. What does the $10 include?
    The $10 is to register a domain name from them for 1 year.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    The $10 is to register a domain name from them for 1 year.
    OK guys, I hate being contrary, but we're talking different things here.

Registering a domain is not the same thing as hosting services for one.

I'm assuming the original poster said "hosted". I'm trying to find out what gmail charges, and what services are included.

I'm assuming the original poster said "hosted". I'm trying to find out what gmail charges, and what services are included.
    Perhaps you should, um, Google it?

Forgive me, I couldn't resist.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  12.    #12  

Google Apps is free to use for 'Standard'

If you need to buy a domain its $10
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Google Apps is free to use for 'Standard'

If you need to buy a domain its $10
    Thought I should mention you don't need to have google register the domain, if you already have a domain you can point some/all of it to google's servers using DNS.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted-D View Post
    Thought I should mention you don't need to have google register the domain, if you already have a domain you can point some/all of it to google's servers using DNS.
    Yeah I think the $10 mentioned previously was misleading.

Not a bad deal at all for free and you get the 7GB storage as well.

Just to be clear. If you already have a domain registed/hosted with a service provider (which costs from $10 a year), you can change the MX records for than domain to send email to Google's mail servers. Google will charge you nothing for this service.

If you don't already have a domain, you can pay Google $10 a year to register/host a new one for you. You can also pay them $50 a year for "Google Apps Professional".