Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Treo/Centro doesn't have this already?
    This isn't really anything new, Engadget is just late to the game

http://www.precentral.net/more-pre-f...pture-and-more

There is no full Office 07 support, its basically Engadget making stuff up.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Treo/Centro doesn't have this already?
    I don't think so. It's running Palm OS 5.4.9, not windows mobile.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by ScaryHumor View Post
    I don't think so. It's running Palm OS 5.4.9, not windows mobile.
    The only mobile office suite for Palm OS to fully support (view, edit & create) Microsoft Office 2007 files and attachments

* View, edit and create Word 2007 files
    * View, edit and create Excel 2007 files
    * View, edit and create PowerPoint 2007 files

Documents To Go Premium Edition: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and PDF files on Your Palm OS Smartphone or PDA
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    This isn't really anything new, Engadget is just late to the game

http://www.precentral.net/more-pre-f...pture-and-more

There is no full Office 07 support, its basically Engadget making stuff up.
    Yeah that is what I thought when I saw that... Derek got that a while ago...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Yeah that is what I thought when I saw that... Derek got that a while ago...
    Derek is all sorts of crazy and pragmatic like that.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    whats the big deal? Docs to Go already does it, silly.
    whats the big deal? Docs to Go already does it, silly.
    Yes, but will it be on the Pre?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Yes, but will it be on the Pre?
    1. dataviz is a launch partner.
    2. docs to go already supports it.

ergo, the obvious answer is yes.
    1. dataviz is a launch partner.
    2. docs to go already supports it.

ergo, the obvious answer is yes.
    Say what you like, but until I get confirmation from Palm or Dataviz, then there is no obvious answer.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Say what you like, but until I get confirmation from Palm or Dataviz, then there is no obvious answer.
    why in the hell would dataviz support office 2007 on treo but not on the new Pre? think about it.
    why in the hell would dataviz support office 2007 on treo but not on the new Pre? think about it.
    Because they have to build an incredibly complicated application from the ground up using code that no version of Documents To Go has used to this point. I have no doubt that they're developing DTG for WebOS, but like ePocrates, until I hear that it will be there at launch, all I can do is speculate.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Because they have to build an incredibly complicated application from the ground up using code that no version of Documents To Go has used to this point. I have no doubt that they're developing DTG for WebOS, but like ePocrates, until I hear that it will be there at launch, all I can do is speculate.
    Unless of course they got access to a 'secret' native API like the developers of the PalmOS emulator. If so, they may be able to use a decent amount of existing code.
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post
    Unless of course they got access to a 'secret' native API like the developers of the PalmOS emulator. If so, they may be able to use a decent amount of existing code.
    Yup, that's where the "all I can do is speculate" comes in.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I agree, Gekko. I would be blown over if Dataviz was not up to speed at launch, considering that they were mentioned as a partner at CES. To me, it's a done deal.
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    I don't see a huge value in Office 2007/DTG on the Pre when there's no desktop sync, (except for the very determined).

What would you do with a Word/Excel/PP document, copy it to the cloud, and then copy from the cloud to a Windows desktop?

In the existing DTG, the conduit does a conversion on the Word/Excel/PP files when they copy in either direction.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    I don't see a huge value in Office 2007/DTG on the Pre when there's no desktop sync, (except for the very determined).

What would you do with a Word/Excel/PP document, copy it to the cloud, and then copy from the cloud to a Windows desktop?

In the existing DTG, the conduit does a conversion on the Word/Excel/PP files when they copy in either direction.
    You could use the copy and paste feature on your desktop when you plug the phone in and transfer the file between phone and desktop, like moving files from a thumb drive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post

Hypothetically speaking, there's nothing to stop them from adapting their desktop client to cloud usage.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    You could use the copy and paste feature on your desktop when you plug the phone in and transfer the file between phone and desktop, like moving files from a thumb drive.
    This is assuming the files on the Pre are written by DTG in a standard format Office 2007 understands, and no conduit/conversions, no?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast