Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 66
  1.    #1  
    Just saw this update and Sprint is dropping the hammer on anyone with loose lips!! What do you guys think?? If they are firing people for even "talking" about the pre, then they must have something MASSIVE up their sleeve!! Any thoughts??

    PreThinking - Home - Sprint Business Unit now Training online for Palm Pre - Sprint Employees fired for discussing Pre
    Sincerely,

    Dwight Shrute
  2. joelpalm
    joelpalm's Avatar
    #2  
    Well then let's hear all the juicy details since they are now fired....
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by joelpalm View Post
    Well then let's hear all the juicy details since they are now fired....

    Yea and they get sued, and lose all their things because they can not pay the legal fees and fines set by the court system because they were under a NDA? Sounds like a good idea
  4. #4  
    I just posted that article in another thread...they should be fired. They signed a legal document that says they are not allowed to discuss the phone. It's their own fault they were stupid and got caught. I'm not being mean, that's just how it is.
  5. #5  
    I'm more interested in this "super ad blitz".

    If there's one area Sprint has always needed to step it up in, it's advertising for their best phones.
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    They signed a legal document that says they are not allowed to discuss the phone.
    I totally agree.
    They need to pay the price for breaking an agreement.
  7. #7  
    Yea, they should have blabbed under the NDA. But doesn't the fact that Palm/Sprint are being so secretive about this phone bother anyone else? It's a little over the line.
  8. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #8  
    Good for them.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Yea, they should have blabbed under the NDA. But doesn't the fact that Palm/Sprint are being so secretive about this phone bother anyone else? It's a little over the line.
    There's nothing wrong with them protecting their property. Everyone is secretive about what they make and when it comes out, Palm is no exception.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captweez View Post
    Yea, they should have blabbed under the NDA. But doesn't the fact that Palm/Sprint are being so secretive about this phone bother anyone else? It's a little over the line.
    don't you mean SHOULDN'T have blabbed under the NDA?? I personally don't feel it's a little over the line b/c the line was CLEARLY drawn for them to see the consequences PRIOR to signing the NDA. It's like this time I got accepted as a beta tester for Tom Clancy's Endwar on XBOX 360 and had to do all the NDA stuff along with all of the others accepted. I kid you not, the very next day after having access to the beta, you have some ***** with a video on youtube showing gameplay, how the voice command works, etc. and even though I wasn't the one who MADE the game, it royally pissed me off just knowing that this dude was that dumb and pretty much showing an unfinished game to the rest of the world all while hiding behind his computer!! Sorry, had to vent a little but I completely understand Sprint and Palm's reasoning for being tight lipped. They see this as 1 shot to get it RIGHT and don't need some untrustworthy employees messing things up. I want the pre as bad as anyone else, but can respect their decisions and patiently wait.
    Sincerely,

    Dwight Shrute
  11. #11  
    Yes I meant shouldn't have blabbed.

    This is unusually secretive. Still no word on price? No firm release date? Am I going to have to sign an NDA and submit to a background check before I can buy one? You'd think they'd want a leak here and there to keep interest up and to feed the information starved mouths of the tech population that is so hungry for the Pre. Please just tell us how much it will cost.

    Maybe you will have to know the secret handshake and go in the back door to buy it.

    Why be secretive? What is there to hide? Why not show your cards and build hype.

    The result of the the secretive nature is nobody who isn't a tech person, phone guru has heard of it.
  12. #12  
    What is palm/sprint hiding?????????
  13. #13  
    1. Release Date
    2. Price
    3. Whether grandfathered plans are going to be available.
    4. What snyc options are going to be available.
    5. Check the Palm Twitter thread and look at all the questions they answer, "more details will be available closer to launch.
    6. Who knows what else.

    It's not like these questions haven't been asked.
  14. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    What is palm/sprint hiding?????????
    The Pre.
  15. #15  
    There are probably features that they are waiting to announce and don't want people talking about them. Seems like the likely guess...don't ya think?
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    There are probably features that they are waiting to announce and don't want people talking about them. Seems like the likely guess...don't ya think?
    That's just the problem, why WOULDN'T you want people talking about them? Why wouldn't you want people spreading the word?
  17. #17  
    They are probably saving them for the pre-specific commercials
  18. #18  
    They want to release everything at once, it makes no sense to announce a price without a very clear sense of everything you get for the price or else rampant speculation starts about whether it is too high or low. Release date has the same problems, they will wait until everything is set to announce that out of fear of missing it and making a bigger problem than people upset about not having the date.
    Just because questions are asked doesn't mean they need to answer. They want wiggle room, they want speculation, they want to be able to have late surprises if they are so inclined. They also want to be able to launch in a manner that leaves the competition behind, not have everything that makes the Pre a Pre picked up by others before they even get the thing to stores. We have already seen the competition make some inroads toward the announced features already.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    They want to release everything at once, it makes no sense to announce a price without a very clear sense of everything you get for the price or else rampant speculation starts about whether it is too high or low. Release date has the same problems, they will wait until everything is set to announce that out of fear of missing it and making a bigger problem than people upset about not having the date.
    Just because questions are asked doesn't mean they need to answer. They want wiggle room, they want speculation, they want to be able to have late surprises if they are so inclined. They also want to be able to launch in a manner that leaves the competition behind, not have everything that makes the Pre a Pre picked up by others before they even get the thing to stores. We have already seen the competition make some inroads toward the announced features already.
    A reasonable and respectable answer, but doesn't it get to a point where keeping things a secret just becomes counter productive and silly? If they wanted to keep things so secretive so nobody would be able to copy them, they've already said way too much. If they didn't start the game in January and then wait to 5-6 months to play the next hand it wouldn't be nearly as frustrating for the interested consumer.
  20. #20  
    the way things are today, you always feel bad hearing someone has lost there job. However, this is a situation where folks had made a written / legal agreement and broke that agreement. Sprint and palm have every right to protect there companies and there product

    hopefully these individuals have learned their lesson and will be able to find a new job quickly.


    PS nice pic of the pre in the wild (assuming it;s real)
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions