Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Not that I think it's necessarily wrong for them to have been fired for violating their contract, but I think from a business standpoint it was stupid and these employees should be thanked. Without the few leaks we've gotten to keep us talking, this forum would be dead and the pre wouldn't have the little bit of buzz that it has.
    Without people willing to break or evade their NDA's people on forums like this one would have a lot less to talk about. While Sprint and Palm are clearly legally entitled to take action against them, lets not forget that people like them help keep this place and others like it interesting.
    One reason I think Palm/Sprint are being so secretive is they dont want the new iphone to try and copy any new features that might have not yet been announced. You saw what happened as soon as the Pre was announced Apple quickly announced upcoming updates to the iphone that would give it some of the features that the Pre has.
    They can never copy 4G unless they want to have a HUGE delay, LOL!

*Just wishful thinking on my part about the 4G.*

HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    A few employees talking isn't worth worrying too much about. It'd get mixed in with the rumors. But when a few start blogs and call themselves Sprint Insiders or whatever and starts spewing out "secrets", then Sprint should go after em. Unless of course Sprint supports those.

Granted, sites like this feed off of that info sometimes, but it doesn't help Sprint.
    IMO unless there's something wrong with the phone and it gets posted, those posting things actually help sales because they get people excited.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    OK... i may have missed it, in some of the many comments but, do anybody know exactly why they were fired? Did they say something to someone that has not been speculated thus far..........
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    If it was me who was fired for talking about the phone, I would then find the nearest forum, media outlet, etc., and spill the beans about every detail that I know about the Pre just out of spite.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    If it was me who was fired for talking about the phone, I would then find the nearest forum, media outlet, etc., and spill the beans about every detail that I know about the Pre just out of spite.
    They were already fired, but they can still be sued. If I were fired for violating a contract I could be sued over I'd be treading very lightly.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    You would then probably put yourself at risk of being sued. And you would lose the case.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    You would then probably put yourself at risk of being sued. And you would lose the case.
    Oops! Didn't realize that they could still be sued after getting canned. I would probably still try and 'leak' some info anonymously, though.
    You can post anonymously using a cloaked IP or a compter that can't readily be traced back to you. And obviously do not reveal anything about yourself.

If Sprint gets too heavy handed, it may backfire on them.

yeah, but if you post like that..who'd believe you? You're just one among many posting rumors.
    But you know around here, we take what we can get LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    They were already fired, but they can still be sued. If I were fired for violating a contract I could be sued over I'd be treading very lightly.
    They aren't going to sue the employee over a NDA violation like this. All they will do is fire him. To sue him they would have to show how the violation had a dramatic economic impact on the company. The first thing an attorney for the employee would ask is if the employer told the employee of the legal consequences and advised him to seek legal advice. Next, if he didn't sign it was it a condition of employment to sign it? Would he have been fired if he didn't sign it?

We actually run into this from time to time in construction. If someone wants us to sign something, we tell them we can't sign anything until it's been approved by the union hall. Even if we did sign it without the approval of our union hall, it wouldn't be legally binding due to the language in our working contract.

They will just fire him. That's all.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    They aren't going to sue the employee over a NDA violation like this. All they will do is fire him.
    I think the gentleman was responding to someone stating if they were fired over something like this they'd go on every blog, talk show, etc and spill everything they knew about the phone.

Its at that point the person said that even if he has been fired they could potentially sue him. And I could see that as being legitimate if he started making media tours publicly flaunting his breaking of the NDA and releasing dozens of bits of information that was not made public yet. That'd be far different than anonymously going on a few message boards and giving little hints of things.
    Hey, employees, don't break NDA's...or don't get caught. Simple as that.

Sprint wants to release information at their own time so let them.
    Do we have any idea of what level Sprint employee these people were?
    Sprint managers on a Trump-esque power trip.

You're fired.
    A quick story along the same line. I was sitting at SEA waiting for a plane when a guy sitting by me started talking to a lady using a BB. He said he worked for Palm and pulled out a device which later turned out to be the prototype 700 and showed it to her. I asked him to show it to me and in our brief 30 second conversation he said nothing about any unique features but just showed me the design. Well I posted that encounter here and a day later had a message one this site from a guy who needed to talk with me. Turned out to be Palm security whatingto know the guys name, circumstances, etc.

I did not want to burn the guy for doing nothing more than being nice. The Palm Sec guy asked a few more questions and that was the end of it. Product hype can come from many sources and usually adds up to good things. There is a difference between marketing and exposing company secrets.

Enjoy the chat, waiting for the product, thanks

Mike
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast