Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    PreThinking picked up on Coal's May 3 post in the SprintGuru's forum to more or less confirm the start date for training. A not-so-popular thread cited this PreThinking's story, but still only from the training angle.

Inside.Sprint.Now's blog's image and some Sprint admin docs then lent credence to support the June 7 rumor even more...

Strangely enough, I can't find anyone citing Coal's starting comments in his post, before he goes into descriptions on training. He more or less states that June 7 is going to be the date, doesn't he?:

Well, we all know that 6-7-09 is an interesting date across the Internet for people waiting for the release of something that is one of the most anticipated phones in a while.

How about a teaser. Soon you will get to know the P100 a lot better. What is the P100 you ask? It is the internal name for the upcoming Pre.
    "We all know"? Note that Coal is admin (owner?) in the forum...not staff...but he has been the source of some of those leaked planning documents describing two windows. Isn't this just now the confirmation?
    Last edited by Goyena; 05/05/2009 at 05:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Wow. So it's going to be June 7. That sucks. I wish this thing would get here. I am starting to lose my patience.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by akatoast View Post
    Wow. So it's going to be June 7. That sucks. I wish this thing would get here. I am starting to lose my patience.
    Buy another phone and stop complaining.
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Buy another phone and stop complaining.
    Forums are made for complaining.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I just took a look, and Coal added this edit:
    EDIT: I am throwing in one more little tid-bit for those interested... Training for the Palm Pre officially ends 6-5-09. The last WEEK DAY before the launch.
    So he's said it (twice) without actually saying "The Pre will be released on 6/7." Maybe his NDA was written poorly or something--hard to believe he can hint so strongly and not be violating his NDA. But I digress.

Also, another user in that same thread says that training has already started today via iLearn, which might be Sprint's internal computer training system.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    join me and buy a Treo Pro to hold you over til it comes out
    I'm reading people got fired, he'd better be careful, Not a good economy to be fired in. I hope his real name is camouflaged.

Looks like that guy named Gonzales on Twitter got whacked too. Though I'm not sure he was an employee, maybe a tester.

P.S. I'm either blind or the thread got merged, but I'm certain there was a post about Gonzales twittering, then they said the Twitter account got pulled or something.

Found the thread, it must have been buried on another page. http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...e-has-pre.html
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 05/05/2009 at 10:43 PM. Reason: Link.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Looks like that guy named Gonzales on Twitter got whacked too. Though I'm not sure he was an employee, maybe a tester.
    I assumed the Gonzalez guy was an actor that was hired for the commercial.
    If so, he was probably replaced instantly.
    Gonzalez' website says that he is an "amateur photographer and filmmaker." I can't find it anymore since his Twitter feed is gone.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    OK, is the Skull & Bones Society involved here? Federal Gov't? Martians? The Others? I smell a conspiracy! Jamie Gonzalez tweeted and has now disappeared. These guys are good - making little Stevie Jobs look like an amateur!
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Gonzalez' website says that he is an "amateur photographer and filmmaker." I can't find it anymore since his Twitter feed is gone.
    His site is (now was) jaimetheking.com
    It now redirects to a page & says the site doesn't exist.

I guess for Jaime when it rains, it RAINS!
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Twitpic / jaime_gonzalez

here was his home page... http://jaimetheking.com , looks like it has been removed as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I just took a look, and Coal added this edit:

So he's said it (twice) without actually saying "The Pre will be released on 6/7." Maybe his NDA was written poorly or something--hard to believe he can hint so strongly and not be violating his NDA. But I digress.
    From what I understand, he doesn't actually work for Sprint, but I'd imagine he's been explicitly told by people in his forums that do.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    OK, is the Skull & Bones Society involved here? Federal Gov't? Martians? The Others? I smell a conspiracy! Jamie Gonzalez tweeted and has now disappeared. These guys are good - making little Stevie Jobs look like an amateur!
    LOVE this post!!! Hysterical!
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    he's probably being waterboarded as we speak.

Hummmmmm. ;-(
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'm reading people got fired, he'd better be careful, Not a good economy to be fired in. I hope his real name is camouflaged.

P.S. I'm either blind or the thread got merged, but I'm certain there was a post about Gonzales twittering, then they said the Twitter account got pulled or something.

Found the thread, it must have been buried on another page. http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...e-has-pre.html
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    From what I understand, he doesn't actually work for Sprint, but I'd imagine he's been explicitly told by people in his forums that do.
    HAHA This all makes me laugh. I dont tell people what I do or do not do.

I am not all that worried about the outcome and I am not done with giving fun information for people to enjoy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    HAHA This all makes me laugh. I dont tell people what I do or do not do.

I am not all that worried about the outcome and I am not done with giving fun information for people to enjoy.
    Wana give out some more info so we can enjoy ? Just asking
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    In any case, glad to read that you, Coal, haven't been "whacked". (After all, Soprano's find might take this to mean different things...)

Joined 2008, and only two posts? A silent partner then. I read your other post; kudos for me then, as I gave the credit where it's due.

Quote Originally Posted by Coal View Post
    If you are truly not done with the fun, according to reliable sources (you, Coal) there's only 30 calendar days to share it! Why wait for a rainy day? Now would be great!!!!
    It's raining here.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast