1.    #1  
    Saw this link in the EOS forum and there is info in there about Palm having problems with their ODM (Original Device Manufacturer). As with all things Pre, get out the salt truck

Palm prepping a "Mini-Pre"?

Palm may have trouble meeting such a timetable due to manufacturing troubles with its unnamed ODM (original device manufacturer) partner, suggests Maisto's eWEEK story. The article quotes an April 30 research note from Ashok Kumar, an analyst with Collins Stewart, stating that due to "multiple hardware and software issues, Palm has dramatically reduced its production orders for Pre with its ODM partner." As a result, Kumar was said to have opined, it is highly unlike that Palm will meet the 1 million units predicted by industry analysts to ship in 2009.
    Yeah, I already posted that here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...re-issues.html

But nobody seemed to care.
    All of the negatives seem to trace back to Ashok Kumar. Some of the analysts need to figure out that 30 stories about one guys opinion does not indicate a trend. It's just one guy's opinion.
  4.    #4  
    Sorry, missed that Didn't mean to repeat post.

Quote Originally Posted by furreverdad View Post
    Yeah, I already posted that here:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...re-issues.html

But nobody seemed to care.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    All of the negatives seem to trace back to Ashok Kumar. Some of the analysts need to figure out that 30 stories about one guys opinion does not indicate a trend. It's just one guy's opinion.
    That is not at all true. there have been multiple stories -- mostly originating with executives at palm about issues regarding supply of certain hardware for the Pre (like screens).

There have been stories in the chinese trade press going back to February as well as independent comments from palm executives in Europe on hardware supply issues.
    Hey davetati, NO PROBLEM. Unlike many on this forum, I don't flip out and get all rude just because someone posted something already. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    That is not at all true. there have been multiple stories -- mostly originating with executives at palm about issues regarding supply of certain hardware for the Pre (like screens).

There have been stories in the chinese trade press going back to February as well as independent comments from palm executives in Europe on hardware supply issues.
    Sorry, I meant the recent posts, not those dating back to February.