1.    #1  
    If you look at the image I have posted from Inside Sprint Now you will notice a calendar in the right corner and a date of June 7 on it. I thought at first that it was just today's date then I looked again and noticed it. Even though he said he would reveal the release date cause of fear of loosing his job. He didn't tell us directly. Check it out. Screen Shot

Very interesting. It seems unlikely a random date of 6/7 would have been pulled out of thin air. Still nothing more than a rumor, but an interesting one.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    This was posted a few places on the board. The same date is displayed at sprintgurus.com
    Guys, anybody can write and create an image. Nothing is factual until it comes from Sprint's website .
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLI… NR70v>CLI… TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Guys, anybody can write and create an image. Nothing is factual until it comes from Sprint's website .
    Oh stop it... your avi says otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    With all the rumors that have been going around lately (June 7 being one of the most prominent ones), these guys are doing one of the following:

1. Discretely revealing the true release date

2. Deliberately trying to mislead by fanning the flames of an errant rumor

3. Just playing with us (laughing as they go)

What do you think?
    Quote Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post
    With all the rumors that have been going around lately (June 7 being one of the most prominent ones), these guys are doing one of the following:

1. Discretely revealing the true release date

2. Deliberately trying to mislead by fanning the flames of an errant rumor

3. Just playing with us (laughing as they go)

What do you think?
    4. All of the above.

sleepy
    Lovin' my Centro...keeping an eye on the Pre.

The road of life is rocky, and you may stumble too. So while you point your finger, someone else is judging you. -- Bob Marley
    For a random picture to show 6/7, come on now... Especially when it's been tossed around as a release date.
    Does this mean that Palm has so much faith in the Pre and WebOS, that they are planning on trying to go "head to head" with Apple for WWDC?

Wow.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyEDB View Post
    4. All of the above.

sleepy
    Quoted for truth.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Very interesting. It seems unlikely a random date of 6/7 would have been pulled out of thin air. Still nothing more than a rumor, but an interesting one.

Why not cancel vacations for June too? If vacation leave in place; May seems more likely for release other than early June!!
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post

Why not cancel vacations for June too? If vacation leave in place; May seems more likely for release other than early June!!

Could it be that just one day; they will say available now? Is that possible?

They do not want to go head to head against Apple; short supply, lack of real web os programs at release, desktop synch only thru the cloud. I guess we will have to wait and see!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gas Man View Post

Could it be that just one day; they will say available now? Is that possible?

They do not want to go head to head against Apple; short supply, lack of real web os programs at release, desktop synch only thru the cloud. I guess we will have to wait and see!
    But then again, they are cocky (Palm) even has the ship is teetering on the brink. For all of those iPhone 1.0 users who have been living with the phone for 2 years now - they have a head-to-head comparison and they get to SEE the Pre a month before the iPhone will ship. I don't see it as that big of deal any more. Last year, yes, but this year not as much. Just one bubba's opinion.....