Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 38 of 38
  1. #21  
    Jobs is still alive and his leave of absence was supposed to end in June.

    But he may have to take a back seat due to health and I hope the company comes back down to Earth in some of their concepts instead of following Job's vision permanently.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  2.    #22  
    Off topic, but what's with the rumor that Apple wants twitter? I wonder whether Jobs is still calling the shots - typically Apple makes sound business decisions, but I cannot find the logic in this.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    Off topic, but what's with the rumor that Apple wants twitter? I wonder whether Jobs is still calling the shots - typically Apple makes sound business decisions, but I cannot find the logic in this.
    There is no logic to find. It is a false rumor spread by some pump and dump scammer. Just like the rumors of them buying a game studio and all the rest.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Heck, I think even Microsoft could do it with Windows Mobile 7. Windows 7 stands poised, in my opinion, to steal back whatever little thunder OS X has stolen because of the Vista debacle. I predict that Windows will be back over 90% market share, and OS X back under 7%, in a few years. So, I believe that Microsoft is entirely capable of producing a competitive product that leverages its strength in the enterprise.
    If this was with Bill Gates, i'd say H3ll yes. With Balmer, no chance in Hates will that happen. As much as people hate Apple, SJ has a knack for getting it right first time. If not it drops before they continue the mistake. If it wasn't for market share Ballmer couldn't manage his way out of a paper bag. He is the ultimate middle manager who saw an opportunity and ran with it. Vista was the ME of NT. Server 2k8 was was the first attempt to correct the mistakes of Vista. Win7 looks like what XP finally became. Lets hope so.
  5. #25  
    Who, as CEO Steve Jobs put it, “is at least 5 years ahead of the curve.” However, when compared to Palm, Apple seems more like 10 or 15 years ahead of the curve. And putting Apple in an even better situation, the Palm Pre is the iPhone’s only real competition for the foreseeable future.
    Two things on this:

    1. Typical fanboy, bowing to the almighty God they know as Steve Jobs. Everything he says IS THE RIGHT THING.

    2. If they are 5, 10, or even 15 years ahead, then why are the iPhones selling like crap in Japan? Because they are so behind the curve compared to what is over there. Not to say the Pre is any further, but better then anything we have seen over here in a long time.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by dbmgreen View Post
    God your so right. Lying around my house are lots of apple products including a macbookpro, an older powerbook, an emac, 3 ipods, even an iPod Touch (which I swapped my iPhone for). You know they all crash. They all have their little glitches and things they refuse to do. Not to mention the lack of software and compatibility too.

    I'm quite comfortable with terminal, I have bootcamp running with winXP, But whenever I need to do something like upgrade the firmware on a peripheral or load maps on my navman, set up some new device. I resort to getting out an old dell laptop to do it. It's just easier. I fail to see why Microsoft don't make a bigger deal of this side of the coin.

    They are attractive reasonably well made (really well marketed!!) products, but they are NOT the be all and end all of the tech industry.

    It'll be interesting to see where the company ends up now that Jobs wont be around anymore.
    I use both macs and pcs, own both. I have to confess I really do enjoy my Apple products. I paid a little more for my MacBook then for a PC with equivalent specs, but I enjoy the user experience and OS. Although I can't really substantiate this, I feel that when I buy a PC it feels obsolete quicker then a Mac.

    It also seems to me Macs usually have a bit more fit and finish both in hardware and software then PC's. Like somebody put just a little more thought into them.

    I wouldn't trade my desktop windows PC. I built it myself, and I need it for games occasionally. W

    I wouldn't say my Apple products are 500% better or anything. I will say that in many cases, I have no regrets choosing an Apple product over a cheaper PC.

    I have an iPod Touch I enjoy using too. Does that mean I wouldn't consider a Pre. Heck no, it looks awesome. But I'm thinking Apple will have a "one more thing" for the next iPhone that adds a little fuel to the fire and debate.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Two things on this:

    1. Typical fanboy, bowing to the almighty God they know as Steve Jobs. Everything he says IS THE RIGHT THING.

    2. If they are 5, 10, or even 15 years ahead, then why are the iPhones selling like crap in Japan? Because they are so behind the curve compared to what is over there. Not to say the Pre is any further, but better then anything we have seen over here in a long time.
    So true on that.
  8. #28  
    Yeah I own an iPod classic and a MacBook. Both great products, I can't complain about them...Anymore then any other electronic item I own. They have there glitches, but I deal with them. Funny thing is, I have owned my MacBook for just over a year now, and have had Windows as the only OS on it for 9 months. My fanboy friends give me crap, but OS X is just too basic and a bit wimpy for me. Damnit, a NOW commercial is playing as I type, and there goes the Pre fading out.....So close!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    Two things on this:

    1. Typical fanboy, bowing to the almighty God they know as Steve Jobs. Everything he says IS THE RIGHT THING.

    2. If they are 5, 10, or even 15 years ahead, then why are the iPhones selling like crap in Japan? Because they are so behind the curve compared to what is over there. Not to say the Pre is any further, but better then anything we have seen over here in a long time.
    1: He went from an orphan to the 61st richest person on earth, brought Apple back from irrelevance to a leading position in both the computer, mobile phone and music industry and took Pixar from nothing to an unstoppable giant. He might be a huge jerk with serious issues, but denying his talent just makes you look like a fool.

    2: Japan has a pretty odd mobile culture. Many things that are popular in the rest of the world arnt there. Like bluetooth for example. How's the iphone doing in the rest of the world?
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Anyone that says anything in the IT industry is "5 years ahead of the curve":

    1. Doesn't really understand "the curve"
    2. Is just lying
    3. Is caught up in their own hyperbole
    4. Is named Jobs (oops, redundant with #3)
    Hey mate, you forgot the most important one, the infamous Reality Shield!

    I do just LOVE the way that all these people and journalists seem to think the ONLY competitor to the Jesus phone is the Palm Pre! Utter BS, I would put in the same basket:

    Sony Ericsson Idou
    Nokia N97
    HTC Magic
    HTC Touch Diamond 2 and Touch Pro 2 (With Winmo 6.5)
    iPhone
    Samsung I7500
    Samsung Omnia HD
    Palm Pre

    They can ALL take on the iPhone, and for the record IMO the iPhone was and has been by far 5 years BEHIND every other mobile phone manufacturer WORLDWIDE, they launched one of the most expensive phones on the market that's lacked the following, some of the features are added, some not:

    3G (Original iPhone was 2.5G!! Yet in the UK was pretty much the most expensive phone!!)

    Bluetooth, only works with headsets, NO Bluetooth stereo, can't connect to anything. In fact the iPhone may as well not have Bluetooth.

    Video camera (Come on, the year is now 2009 not 1999!!!) And why the hell can't Palm build this in at LAUNCH, it's pathetic to be honest especially considering the RRP of these phones.

    Cut/ copy and paste.

    User replaceable battery (THE ONLY mobile on the market which lacks this and guess what Apple, it's for a reason no one else has done it, how much do Apple charge to replace it? $85.95 in the US. I couldn't find a UK price, but I would tell them where to go for more then £40

    Basically, this is coming from a proud Mac Book Pro owner, Apple took everyone for being gullible idiots and has as a result ripped ALL iPhones owners off. Seriously, you have to send your iPhone away to have the battery replaced!
    The interface is amazing and kicked started the change in interface and phone design, but this was coming anyway, and that's the ONLY good advanced feature of the iPhone, the interface. Everything else is VERY old and backward in the mobile world.

    I would get my Mum an iPhone based on it's easy to use interface, but NEVER at the price they charge for it, it's a waste of money.


    Sorry, rant over, I just hate all the smug iPhone owners who seem to think all this lack in features is, cool?? Man they must have those reality fields at warp ultra factor 9 or something?
    Last edited by apolloa; 05/06/2009 at 06:29 AM.
  11. #31  
    I'm with Apolloa. The best of iPhone is it's interface and the sweetness it runs. But that's all.

    But that's important, anyways. PalmOS, with a convenient interface upgrade, is pretty the same (maybe better) than the original iPhone OS.

    Nothing revolutionary at all.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    1: He went from an orphan to the 61st richest person on earth, brought Apple back from irrelevance to a leading position in both the computer, mobile phone and music industry and took Pixar from nothing to an unstoppable giant. He might be a huge jerk with serious issues, but denying his talent just makes you look like a fool.

    2: Japan has a pretty odd mobile culture. Many things that are popular in the rest of the world arnt there. Like bluetooth for example. How's the iphone doing in the rest of the world?
    When did I ever deny his talent??? I never once said he was not a talented man. Going head to head with a fanboy like yourself gets no one anywhere as your minds are so twisted around the "Steve said this, so I will go and spend more money" zombie theory. So, really, you look like the fool

    Again, the fanboy in you comes to save your almighty Steve. He says Apple products are 5-10 years ahead. If that is the case, why do people in Japan think the thing is junk and don't buy it? Because it is not 5-10 years ahead!

    Listen, I am not going to get into a pissing match, I think the iPhone is gorgeous, I like my iPod and my MacBook, I just don't think of someone as God like the fanboys do. Nuff said...
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by apolloa View Post
    ...
    The interface is amazing and kicked started the change in interface and phone design, but this was coming anyway, and that's the ONLY good advanced feature of the iPhone, the interface. Everything else is VERY old and backward in the mobile world.
    ...
    It's interesting that you say that. When the iPhone came out, I had friends aske me if I was getting one. I said the only thing that really interested me was the pinch and zoom on the browser.

    Still stand.
  14. #34  
    What got me to the iphone was the browser. Nothing like it at the time. Until i see the Pre, it still is. Which is a shame if you think about it that noone has nailed down the browser yet but apple.

    If you look at polls about why iphone users (in business) like it, its the browser that wins in a landside. Of course the multitouch capacitive screen helps.

    The Pre is the same (or faster perhaps). Webkit, capacitive, multitouch. And with much better 3G in my area.

    Yeah, the UI is friendly. But Palms in general were that way as well. The multitasking will be great as well as the notifications.

    In apple's defense, i have been using more apps lately. Downloaded some for the kiddo and she's taken a love to my phone. Hope Palm can get a good number of apps quickly. As it is, i'll get an ipod touch but will wait to see what the next model has.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Downloaded some for the kiddo and she's taken a love to my phone. Hope Palm can get a good number of apps quickly. As it is, i'll get an ipod touch but will wait to see what the next model has.
    is that your very cute photo in your avatar? Bless. But quick, control that reality field exposure whilst she's still young and has a chance to choose for herself!

    Yep, see, it's always the interface everyone loves with the iPhone, the way it presents the information to you and you interact with it.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by poopsie View Post
    When did I ever deny his talent??? I never once said he was not a talented man. Going head to head with a fanboy like yourself gets no one anywhere as your minds are so twisted around the "Steve said this, so I will go and spend more money" zombie theory. So, really, you look like the fool

    Again, the fanboy in you comes to save your almighty Steve. He says Apple products are 5-10 years ahead. If that is the case, why do people in Japan think the thing is junk and don't buy it? Because it is not 5-10 years ahead!

    Listen, I am not going to get into a pissing match, I think the iPhone is gorgeous, I like my iPod and my MacBook, I just don't think of someone as God like the fanboys do. Nuff said...
    Do you have an actual argument? Or do you just like calling people fanboys?

    Because you are responding to things that I havnt seen anyone say? Who thinks the Steve is a 'god'? Why are you giving his 5-10 years ahead comment any more weight then we gave MacNamee's gushing comments about the Pre being "4x faster!!!!!!"...?
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    What got me to the iphone was the browser. Nothing like it at the time. Until i see the Pre, it still is. Which is a shame if you think about it that noone has nailed down the browser yet but apple.

    If you look at polls about why iphone users (in business) like it, its the browser that wins in a landside. Of course the multitouch capacitive screen helps.

    The Pre is the same (or faster perhaps). Webkit, capacitive, multitouch. And with much better 3G in my area.

    Yeah, the UI is friendly. But Palms in general were that way as well. The multitasking will be great as well as the notifications.

    In apple's defense, i have been using more apps lately. Downloaded some for the kiddo and she's taken a love to my phone. Hope Palm can get a good number of apps quickly. As it is, i'll get an ipod touch but will wait to see what the next model has.
    I have to agree, the browser sold it for me. Unfortunately the carrier partner couldnt live up to their end of the bargain in my area. I am glad to see that Palm has seemingly looked at iPhone with an open mind and taken everything people love about it and combined that with a few needed hardware improvements.
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Absolutely agree with this. Even if the Pre is not the commercial success we all hope that it will be, it has already changed the perception of what can be done on a smartphone. All future smartphones will benefit from the Pre--Palm has moved the bar.
    Really, how has the Pre moved the bar?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions