1.    #1  
    I know this story (link below) about the Palm Eos is old news, but is anybody else worried about this comment from the story?:

"Meanwhile, little-known Collins Stewart analyst Ashok Kumar is busy dissing the Pre itself. According to his sources, Palm is encountering "multiple hardware and software" issues during the production run of the as-yet unreleased phone, and as a result the company has reduced its order request "drastically." He even suspects Palm won't meet its goal of one million Pres shipped by the end of 2009."

Here's the link for those who have not yet seen it:

Pre Is Dead, Long Live Eos: Tech Pundits Are Split on Palm's Future | Technomix | Fast Company
    I wonder if this is related to why the Pre hasn't been seen coming out of the FCC with its approval yet.
    No, FCC approval they only need to give them one phone i'd imagine. Besides, Palm can request the FCC to not release the approval until a certain date.

And just like every other rumor about the phone, i'll believe it when Palm confirms it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    No, FCC approval they only need to give them one phone i'd imagine.
    3-5 devices typically, but I get your point. But the FCC needs "production" models (usually pre production, but few changes anticipated) - they don't accept prototypes for final certification. Here's a brief overview of the FCC Process.