Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Read closely:
    The Pre will not (on it's initial release) be able to be used as a Phone As Modem device. No tethering.
    I was not aware of that

Thanks for the schooling ,I must read more closely
    Quote Originally Posted by slingbox View Post
    I tether ,Its pretty handy when accessing Internet using my notebook which I do a lot on the road and at home.
    My bb rings when doing so ,If pre does count me in
    AHh see thetering is differant than USB Mass storage mode.

There was just some confusion. I was getting worried you were REALLY nitpicking haha.

But that's understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I can't use ANY other functions of my blackberry curve when I am actually in the process of putting files on or backing it up on my computer.

I don't recall being able to take a phone call while my 755p was in a hot sync.

I really don't think you can take a call on your iPhone while the phone is syncing with iTunes.

Its not an odd thing.
    But the 755p and iPhone are not multi-tasking devices. That's the whole point of multi-tasking. There is no reason why USB data trasfer and voice should not be possible at the same time. You can watch a video and copy a file on your PC at the same time can't you? Hopefully it is an incorrect assumption on the part of Inside Sprint Now.
    Last edited by johncc; 05/04/2009 at 07:03 PM. Reason: correction re Blackberry apparently is multi-tasking.
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    But these are not multi-tasking devices. That's the whole point of multi-tasking. There is no reason why USB data trasfer and voice should not be possible at the same time. You can watch a video and copy a file on your PC at the same time can't you? Hopefully it is an incorrect assumption on the part of Inside Sprint Now.
    Have you not used a blackberry?

Its very much a multitasking device.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Have you not used a blackberry?

Its very much a multitasking device.

No I haven't. Okay 2 of the 3 are not.
    Yeah I think its more of the fact that its safer just pushing the calls to voicemail in the middle of a transfer than risking data curroption.

I mean, I don't expect to sync my Zune to my computer while listening to music.

I just don't tink its too big of an issue. Probably also cause I don't think i'll be syncing all that much to the phone after my first sync.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123