Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Here are the early numbers. I hope the Pre turns them around.

Sprint's losses mount in first quarter | Wireless - CNET News
    Hmm, since they're now moving to Q&A (and I doubt they'll let anyone flat out ask when the release date is), seems my guess was wrong that they'd let us know today.

Edit: And also, as for the numbers themselves, they actually beat expectations, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by dtokarz View Post
    Here are the early numbers. I hope the Pre turns them around.

Sprint's losses mount in first quarter | Wireless - CNET News
    I'd be surprised if the Pre turned those numbers around... pre would have to be "hot".

I would love to see that, but I have doubts....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Pretty spooky numbers, along with a loss of their customer base.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Sprint is turning the corner. its amazing what boost did and it only launched in january. Palm and sprint need to hurry up on the pre. sprint only lost 182,000, most people expected 1.2 million loss. Boost came in and saved the day. The Pre is up next...
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Not only does the Pre need to turn those numbers around by increasing the customer base and revenues, Sprint needs to have other hot phones right behind it. More WebOS and Android phones!
    Sprint has to get their CS together to stop that trend, it has nothing to do w/ hot phones.... ex. my coworker has a text plan and a picture mail plan... and they continue to charge him for per kb usage, and every month he calls and they remove it, but i am pretty sure that if the explain to him the significance of the unlimited data plan he would take it, but they dont seem to be trying to help him only rob him.... so he has to call them like every month about some crap that they are overcharging him for
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Even after the announcement, the stock is up 13%
    i love Sprint. best value in the industry bar none. only a fool would pay 50%+ more for vzw or att. i put the difference right in the bank every month. this is why the rich get richer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i love Sprint. best value in the industry bar none. only a fool would pay 50% more for vzw or att. i put the difference right in the bank every month.
    Too bad Sprint sucks at marketing that value and difference. Seriously..
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    but i am pretty sure that if the explain to him the significance of the unlimited data plan he would take it, but they dont seem to be trying to help him only rob him.... so he has to call them like every month about some crap that they are overcharging him for
    I was going to let this go, since it's a little off-topic, but decided to go ahead and take the plunge.

Let me see if I understand this right - you're postulating that the first level customer service rep is deliberately keeping this information, ostensibly so Sprint can "rob" the customer?

Do you realize how silly that notion is?

That means that the customer service reps (I'm assuming that he doesn't get the same rep each time) would have be getting some sort of incentive from Sprint to continue to keep the plans a secret, and to continue hitting the higher charges.

I seriously doubt that. Accusations that the company wants to "rob" him are just silly. They're doing enough legitmate things to tick people off without speculating on nonsense like this.

I suspect more realistically, that there is something munged up on his account that's causing the problem. If he'll ask to go higher up the chain to fix it, he'll probably have more luck that just calling again each week.

Sprint makes a lot of mistakes, but in the years I've been dealing with them, I've found that if you are persistent and patient, the problems can get worked out.
    Global Posts
    178 Global Posts
    The most interesting statement today is they are 'outsurcing' the operation of their network to someone else:

Sprint Nextel Corp. is in final negotiations to outsource management of its cellular network to Telefon AB L.M. Ericsson and transfer 5,000 to 7,000 U.S. employees to the equipment vendor in a cost-cutting move to help offset Sprint's dwindling subscriber numbers.
    Sprint Is in Talks to Outsource Its Network - WSJ.com
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Too bad Sprint sucks at marketing that value and difference. Seriously..
    They have had ads specifically saying you can save $300+ on comparable Verizon and AT&T plans.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Quote Originally Posted by EeZeEpEe View Post
    They have had ads specifically saying you can save $300+ on comparable Verizon and AT&T plans.
    I think he's being sarcastic since the price/value difference is the ONLY thing Sprint has advertised for several months now.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Miner View Post
    The most interesting statement today is they are 'outsurcing' the operation of their network to someone else:

Sprint Is in Talks to Outsource Its Network - WSJ.com
    I wonder if this has to do with the coming WiMax network.

It is possible that Sprint will go all in on WiMax in the future.

I know that ClearWire is now installing towers here is Vegas. ClearWire is the WiMax spin off from Sprint. Vegas is scheduled for WiMax this year.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I was going to let this go, since it's a little off-topic, but decided to go ahead and take the plunge.

Let me see if I understand this right - you're postulating that the first level customer service rep is deliberately keeping this information, ostensibly so Sprint can "rob" the customer?

Do you realize how silly that notion is?

That means that the customer service reps (I'm assuming that he doesn't get the same rep each time) would have be getting some sort of incentive from Sprint to continue to keep the plans a secret, and to continue hitting the higher charges.

I seriously doubt that. Accusations that the company wants to "rob" him are just silly. They're doing enough legitmate things to tick people off without speculating on nonsense like this.

I suspect more realistically, that there is something munged up on his account that's causing the problem. If he'll ask to go higher up the chain to fix it, he'll probably have more luck that just calling again each week.

Sprint makes a lot of mistakes, but in the years I've been dealing with them, I've found that if you are persistent and patient, the problems can get worked out.
    Just last month, my wife was given an unsolicited suggestion from a customer service rep that is now saving her $20/month. Our experience with Sprint customer service over the last 10 years has been nothing but positive--hence, why we've stuck with Sprint for so long.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Let's see what happens. The past is the past. I think Sprint and Palm understand the stakes. Palm has created an amazing device and Sprint is ramping up their services, so I think they'll be just fine.

Raza Imam
    "a die-hard Blackberry user with a soft spot for the Palm Pre"
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    I wonder if this has to do with the coming WiMax network.

It is possible that Sprint will go all in on WiMax in the future.

I know that ClearWire is now installing towers here is Vegas. ClearWire is the WiMax spin off from Sprint. Vegas is scheduled for WiMax this year.
    I read somewhere that Sprint has invested like $5 million in WiMax, but I think all the other carriers are going with LTE for the future 4G network.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    I read somewhere that Sprint has invested like $5 million in WiMax, but I think all the other carriers are going with LTE for the future 4G network.
    Luckily it doesn't neccesarily need to be a problem since the Hardware for WiMax is very similar to LTE and might only require a "software"
    change to become LTE compatible.

See here for more info:
    Gizmodo - Giz Explains: Why WiMax and LTE Wireless 4G Data Will Blow Your Mind - WiMax

Of course that means they would have to get together and play nice...... So who knows. But at least it isn't totally design change in hardware.
    I like how the idiots say people are leaving Sprint because AT&T and VZW are so much better, where as Sprint lost 182k customers but between AT&T and VZW they gained 2.5 mil. Theyre obviously picking up new customers somehow, and theyre not all from Sprint.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast