Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    The Foleo was unveiled in May 2007.

The Eee didn't hit the scene until early 2008.
    Sony has never made anything priced anywhere near the price-range of a netbook.
    Same deal as Sony with the OQO line.
    Fixed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    repeat this aloud one thousand times - "the fooleo was not a netbook." apples and oranges.
    True, it was not. I meant to include the following, but got lost digging up dates and then typing them incorrectly: The Foleo definitely was not a netbook, but one cannot deny that it and the reactions that it garnered at the very least shaped the netbook market that we see today.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    The Foleo was unveiled in May 2009.

The Eee didn't hit the scene until early 2008.
    Foleo:
    - Announced: May 2007
    - Released: Never

EEE PC:
    - Announced: July 2007
    - Released: 1 November 2007

Regardless of your oddly mixed up dates, Palm announced a product that was already out of date by 2 years. Asus announced a product that led a new revolution in small, lightweight, affordable computers. Subtle difference in my view.

Heck, if folks are going to give Palm the credit for the Netbook frenzy, then why not give it to me? I was thinking how nice it would be to have a small, lightweight, affordable laptop back in the 1980s! I sort of announced it to my (disbelieving) friends. I never delivered it. My qualifications match Palm's!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Foleo:
    - Announced: May 2007
    - Released: Never

EEE PC:
    - Announced: July 2007
    - Released: 1 November 2007

Regardless of your oddly mixed up dates, Palm announced a product that was already out of date by 2 years. Asus announced a product that led a new revolution in small, lightweight, affordable computers. Subtle difference in my view.

Heck, if folks are going to give Palm the credit for the Netbook frenzy, then why not give it to me? I was thinking how nice it would be to have a small, lightweight, affordable laptop back in the 1980s! I sort of announced it to my (disbelieving) friends. I never delivered it. My qualifications match Palm's!

I am still angry at Jeff for wasting all that precious time and resources; on such a foolish project.

What is going to set apart the the android netbook versus the webos netbook?
    , may be more software for the webos
    Last edited by Gas Man; 05/04/2009 at 09:31 PM.
    I loved my Libretto 20, but while it was small and light, it was not as affordable (or even as capable) as today's netbooks.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Way before that was the DIP/Atari Portfolio. The first Netbook was the PSION Netbook in that they came up with the name
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12