Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Forum Member Gets Hands On With Palm Pre, Offers First Impressions

Seems realistic, but not completely overwhelming...
  2. joelpalm
    That wasn't bad at all, concise and to the point. Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Forum Member Gets Hands On With Palm Pre, Offers First Impressions

Seems realistic, but not completely overwhelming...
    Good find!
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    Awwwww man! he wasn't that impressed by the phone! =(
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    I think the good and bad of the Pre has to be decided over time, after the phone is released. There has been so much excitement on this (and other) board. It's hard to believe that any device could live up to such high expectations. It's like going to a movie after everyone raves about how good it is. I always feel a little bit let down.
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxla View Post
    Awwwww man! he wasn't that impressed by the phone! =(
    Not for nothing, he's an iPhone user....and not to stereotype the typical iPhone user...but they have hated this phone since it was announced.

I'm still not 100% complete he actually got to use it.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    He wasn't as pre-freaky as some of youse here...he didn't even know that there was no Alarm Clock app. (I give it about two weeks after release we get at least three though...)
    this was already posted.
    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...voicemail.html
    dude said he only touched it twice that aint no review.
    On screen keyboard is something that needs to be added quickly. Not sure if a third party app can fill that role but no reason to have to open the slider keyboard for a "yes" response to a text if you don't want to.

The rest is pretty good actually, I didn't see anything negative. Flash we all knew would be later on and most likely with Apple's store and how protective they are I don't think they will ever see flash anytime soon.
    I have no desire for an on screen keyboard.

Just takes up screen real estate.
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    I have no desire for an on screen keyboard.

Just takes up screen real estate.
    Then don't use it. It is one of those things, make it disappear when the slider is out or allow people do disable it in options and everyone is happy.

Just like people don't care about picture mail or copy and paste. We don't all have to like it or need it for it to get implemented.

Just being able to type a few things in landscape mode makes it worth it to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    Then don't use it. It is one of those things, make it disappear when the slider is out or allow people do disable it in options and everyone is happy.

Just like people don't care about picture mail or copy and paste. We don't all have to like it or need it for it to get implemented.
    Yes, agreed, but: I would rather have no hint of an on-screen keyboard if it works like the one on my Touch Pro. Nothing like sliding open the keyboard to type something, and having to fight with the on-screen keyboard. If there is one, please, please, please make sure it's smart enough to know that if the slider's opened, then it should NOT start.