1.    #1  
    Hi,

I was curious, with the addition of the ability to run older POS files, would it be possible to run WM .exe files?

Considering that WM devices have software to run POS files, will WebOS be able to run WM files?

I ask as I have a specific .exe file that was made for WM2003 but has no issues running in WM6.1. I would like to check out the Pre but I would hate to loose my file.

There is 0 chance of the developer making a WebOS file (as they never updated the file or made a Iphone app).

Thanks,
    Rich
    Well theoretically it could since it's a linux based OS, WINE could work on it. Of course this would require low level access.
    --Nextel Blackberry 7520 -> Sprint Treo 700p -> Sprint Treo 755p -> Sprint Pre
    My guess is never in a million years.
    My guess is a billion
    Quote Originally Posted by SedahDrol View Post
    Well theoretically it could since it's a linux based OS, WINE could work on it. Of course this would require low level access.
    My guess is that it would require a recompile of the kernal as well. I doubt that WINE would run on the Linux kernal found in the Pre
    Forgot to respond to this in my first post. You do realize that Wine Is Not an Emulator, right? WINE doesn't emulate any of the Windows functions but is a compatibility layer. As such, it requires an x86 processor to work properly. Since the Pre (and every other smartphone out there) uses an ARM processor, it's literally impossible to be done this way.
    WINE runs Windows x86 binaries, not Windows mobile.

Although it WOULD be interesting to get Windows 3.1 running with DOSbox or something.
    Sure! I can even tell you when: that would be the day I win a lottery for a million bucks.
    Never.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Nah.