Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Interesting.
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Nope, it doesn't have visual voicemail
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    Youtube wasn't working, neither was visual voicemail. Which isn't working for this, but it does have it.
    You two can have an internet battle over it. He claims to have played with it, have you?
    I would like to hope it does since even the Instinct has it.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Modular View Post
    I just post what I hear. And what I heard is that he has played with it...
    I'm going to say it will be available in one way or another (Palm or 3rd party). WebOS is too advanced for it not to have it.
    WOW, great find! This should be a great thread if the guy actually has one in his hand.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Hmm i take these posts with grains of salt...He sounds genuine but you never know.

Either way, he didn't seem to like it better than his iPhone.
    What's so friggin' great about visual voicemail anyway?? It doesn't transcribe the voicemails to text, like YouMail or Google Voice do; THAT is visual voicemail!

It's just as quick for me to press the voicemail button, press 4 to listen to the first and subsequent voicemails and 7 to delete or 9 to save... and on the occasion that I need to know who the call was from or when it was made, all I have to do is press 1.

All you need to do is remember 4 buttons... and no new features need to be implemented, advertised, or charged for. Amazing!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    What's so friggin' great about visual voicemail anyway?? It doesn't transcribe the voicemails to text, like YouMail or Google Voice do; THAT is visual voicemail!
    Don't get me wrong, I would like Google Voice to be integrated into the OS for visual voicemail and transcription and I'd love if it had an option to use Google Voice for direct dialing instead of going through the website (and the same with the forwarded SMS messages) so that outgoing calls could easily show my Google Voice number without jumping through hoops. (Neither of which I think are going to happen on anything anytime soon).

However, I still think that Visual Voicemail is a good feature without that. While it may be simple to just listen to skip the voicemails you don't want to hear based on listening to the announced phone number, it's still inconvenient. More importantly, say you end up listening to all your voicemails, but save a few and want to repeat one at a later date. You're forced to listen to all of the new voicemails you might have before you can listen to any of your saved voicemail.

Sure, it's not that hard to remember, but it's just that much more convenient to just tap on the voicemail you want to hear and have it play immediately.
    jhoff... I'm taking that entire thread with a grain of salt. He sounds like he backtracks and has conflicting information. Still, it is what it is... and it'll be here soon enough.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    jhoff... I'm taking that entire thread with a grain of salt. He sounds like he backtracks and has conflicting information. Still, it is what it is... and it'll be here soon enough.
    It could be that he doesn't want his friend to get in trouble in any way, and maybe he's shying away from some information. I don't know...I'd just like to believe that someone out there has played with the Pre and can tell us all about it! Hopefully he's being truthful with everything he has said.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    Oh I agree, it definitely needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm just saying that whether it has it or not, visual voicemail would be useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    It could be that he doesn't want his friend to get in trouble in any way, and maybe he's shying away from some information. I don't know...I'd just like to believe that someone out there has played with the Pre and can tell us all about it! Hopefully he's being truthful with everything he has said.
    Shying away is one thing... conflicting statements is another. Reread some of his posts and it just stands outs.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Oh I agree, it definitely needs to be taken with a grain of salt. I'm just saying that whether it has it or not, visual voicemail would be useful.
    I have never used VVM... so I am not so sure it's usefulness / purpose. I am not even sure what to expect from it (I've heard it thrown around quite a bit over the past year tho).
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post

It's just as quick for me to press the voicemail button, press 4 to listen to the first and subsequent voicemails and 7 to delete or 9 to save... and on the occasion that I need to know who the call was from or when it was made, all I have to do is press 1.

All you need to do is remember 4 buttons... and no new features need to be implemented, advertised, or charged for. Amazing!
    going thru the process that you just described still takes a good bit of time and waiting, especially if you're trying to listen to maybe the last vmail you have waiting FIRST!! i don't think i'm very lazy but have grown extremely tired of the process you've described and have constantly had vmails just sitting there for DAYS on end just b/c i don't feel like going through the process to check them. now if i could just choose the one i'd like to hear and quickly delete unimportant ones then i'm game!!
    Sincerely,

Dwight Shrute
    On the iPhone you can see who called you WITHOUT dialing that VM number, and delete the VMs you won't reply to anyway, LOL!

If it's the same on other phones, that's a great benefit. I hate listening to people I never wanted to talk to anyway, LOL!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Now that Sprint has made the investment in getting Visual Voicemail up and running for the Instinct I dont see why the Pre wouldnt have it.
    I did not gather that it has visual voicemail.

"It does. It is comparable to the Instinct's version. It opens in a video window and is a bit shaky. This might be Sprint's regulation like they had with the Instinct when it first came out. Youtube wasn't working, neither was visual voicemail. Which isn't working for this, but it does have it."

Was visual voicemail working on the Instinct when it first came out? I think he is solely referring to Youtube
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    Visual voicemail was working on the Instinct when it first came out.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast