1.    #1  
    I heard everything else about the PRE, especially about webOS and the integration of the web. But unless I missed something, I really haven't heard anything about how it will handle as a phone.
    1. How will the reception be compared to other smartphones?
    2. Where is the antenna placement on the Pre and is the antenna any good?
    3. How will the call quality be and is there a speaker phone and how is that? 4. Does it have voice command?
    5. How is voice mail handled and does the Pre handle voicemail like the Instinct?

If anyone knows a little about the phone part of the Pre, any information would be helpful.
    When you listen to it you will hear a lot of yadda yadda yadda. That's about all we know.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I would think that unless someone has used the phone most of your questions cannot be answered. That said, it's might depend on your experience with previous Palm devices. I will most likely get the Pre, but I have no previous experience with Palm devices--this will be my first Palm.
    Last edited by Chord; 05/01/2009 at 07:56 PM.
    1. Unknown
    2. Unknown
    3. There is a speakerphone, it's probably at least decent since they were able to blast music on it at CTIA / CES and people could hear it. As for the call quality, no one knows, though I can't remember but I recall someone saying the quality was good.
    4. Not out of the box, but you can bet on a 3rd party app for it.
    5. No evidence of visual voicemail so it's probably the archaic way, unfortunately.
    Didn't Palm demo a voice call at an investore meeting a few months back?

Call quality better be good, my last 2 phones have spoiled me in that regard. (Blackberry Bold and Blackberry 8900)
    Wow, looks like I have to change no to a yes on visual voicemail (unless this guy is just making more false rumors)
    http://www.everythingpre.com/forum/p...t-18286-2.html
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Are you sure that it's a no on voice command? I've had voice dial on my past 3 phones... all of which I had for at least 2 years. Why would you not have voice command/dial on a newly release phone?
    The pre's a phone !!!?????
    Quote Originally Posted by philmc View Post
    Classic!

And this will be a biggie for me - I actually use my mobile as my business phone and require good quality. The Moto Q & Q9c were great, the BB Curve I tested was too (though the Storm was not) and the iPhone was good IF you could get a good signal which I never seemed to be able to do.

If the Pre has a crappy phone, I'll not get one.
    Quote Originally Posted by philmc View Post
    I would love to get a pre with just a data plan and no minutes. Or maybe 15 minutes since I've never gone over 10 in a given month. I just hate talking on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Classic!

And this will be a biggie for me - I actually use my mobile as my business phone and require good quality. The Moto Q & Q9c were great, the BB Curve I tested was too (though the Storm was not) and the iPhone was good IF you could get a good signal which I never seemed to be able to do.

If the Pre has a crappy phone, I'll not get one.
    I agree the Storm quality is not as good as my 650 was... But the storm basically uses VoIP... Question of the day is... how does this phone handle the Voice digitally?