Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    I'll gladly toss out my aging (and partially inop) Palm T|X, along with a standard Moto phone. This will be my first Palm phone since my Treo 180g (yes, "g").
    Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    I'll gladly toss out my aging (and partially inop) Palm T|X, along with a standard Moto phone. This will be my first Palm phone since my Treo 180g (yes, "g").
    Wow! That's going back a ways.
    --Inspector Gadget

"Go Go Gadget Pre!!"
    Palm Pre on Sprint

Palm V--> Palm IIIc--> Visor Prism--> Visor Phone--> Treo 270--> Treo 600--> Treo 650-->
    Treo 700wx--> HTC Touch Diamond--> Palm Pre & HTC EVO 4G.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laxidasical View Post
    Palm 755P

I must be one of the luck users, I've NEVER had a problem with it like a lot of the people on here seemed to have. My biggest "Palm qualm" in that the OS is essentially the same as it was when I got my original Palm Pilot!!! Newer apps and color of course, but the OS itself is VERY outdated.

I was drooling over my friends' iPhones and G1s. I refused to go back to AT&T, so made up my mind to go with the G1. I planned to get one the following month, then the Pre was released a week later!!!

My 755 will be on eBay the day I get my Pre!!!
    I'm in the same boat as you, though I'll be keeping my 755p just in case I'm horribly unsatisfied with the Pre.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighthouse View Post
    Whoa.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Hopefully this HTC Touch phone if sprint lets me upgrade @ the 2-yr price....
    Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    HTC Mogul. No one else?
    Quote Originally Posted by OSU0034 View Post
    HTC Mogul. No one else?
    I had that until a few months ago but when I found out they were swapping them for Touch Pros I sent mine back in for a few hardware issues I had been putting up with. Touch Pro is much nicer and I actually quite like it. I just know I will like the Pre much more. Touch Pro has all the things I need (qwerty, 3g, exchange, multitasking, streaming, etc.) but Pre looks to do them much more effectively and then some.

Only thing that seems to be missing out of the gate is tethering and I'm sure someone will write a new PDANet or WMWifi within months.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I currently have a HTC Touch Diamond. I've tweaked the phone to the point it works very well for me, but the new WebOs and hard keyboard are compelling features.

Hopefully, giving up VGA resolution, ability to tether in emergency situations, and maybe Slingbox won't be too hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by neodorian View Post
    I had that until a few months ago but when I found out they were swapping them for Touch Pros I sent mine back in for a few hardware issues I had been putting up with. Touch Pro is much nicer and I actually quite like it. I just know I will like the Pre much more. Touch Pro has all the things I need (qwerty, 3g, exchange, multitasking, streaming, etc.) but Pre looks to do them much more effectively and then some.

Only thing that seems to be missing out of the gate is tethering and I'm sure someone will write a new PDANet or WMWifi within months.
    I believe tethering will be included since you'll need an EP.
    Global Posts
    140 Global Posts
    Centro will become the spare.
    Sprint Franken-Pre 2
    Probably going to switch (if the price is right) from my Blackberry Curve on Verizon. I miss my $69.99 450 min everything plan....
    I'll toss my 800w for the Pre if the following happens:
    1) WMWifi-type software available on Pre
    2) Pre works with SERO
    Quote Originally Posted by rackbreaker View Post
    I'll toss my 800w for the Pre if the following happens:
    1) WMWifi-type software available on Pre
    2) Pre works with SERO
    Guess you'll be using that 800w a little longer then.

I would place good money on no SERO and it will probably be a little while before someone writes a tethering app.

I would love to be wrong on the second one although I don't care about the first as I never took advantage of that deal.
    Global Posts
    696 Global Posts
    I don't see a lot of blackberrys going for the pre.
    Blackberry Curve
    Storm 9530 and Verizon
    saying good-bye to my iphone.
    Quote Originally Posted by htowngator View Post
    I believe tethering will be included since you'll need an EP.
    How cool would it be to come with a tethering app? I would love to set the phone on a Touchstone, hit the "hotspot" button, and have it run a WMWifi type app. I know they would lose some data card customers but man...imagine what a selling point that would be? Most people I know are already impressed when I tell them I can make my phone into a hotspot. If it was streamlined and advertised they would have a monster on their hands.
    Global Posts
    44 Global Posts
    Giving up my Instinct, and my Wife will be giving up her Blackberry Perl
    Global Posts
    351 Global Posts
    Centro
    I'll be giving up my Blackberry Curve and my wife will be giving up her Sanyo Katana DLX
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast