Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    WinMo 6.1 and the Diamond Touch have been the worst phones I've ever owned. They're great at everything but being a phone. My firm will be tossing them in the trash as soon as we can.
    I know the Pre will probably be a buggy mess for quite some time after release, but anything will be better than what we have.
    I'm by no means a Palm zealot. I did have a number of the Treo phones until Palm decided that supporting Hot Sync and Vista 64 wasn't really necessary. If the Pre doesn't come out soon we'll probably move to another carrier (we have Sprint) and go with a Blackberry Bold.

I'm also hoping that Sprint doesn't try and tag some kind of extra Pre service fee on to use the phone like the Blackberry fees. Internet access is internet access.
    Probably my Instinct S30, but I actually like this puppy, and I'm still debating whether to buy the Pre day one when I'm already getting a big screen, responsive OS and screen, calendar, alarm clock, notes, the same GPS navigation, almost great browsing with Opera Mini 4.2 (they just need to smooth out swipe scrolling like the default Instinct browser, and get landscape mode working properly), and all of the same Sprint Everything perks.

Also, I've become addicted to Microsoft Live Search, and I really want to see an equivalent on the Pre sooner rather than later.
    Blackberry Pearl
    Ive already sold my HTC Diamond, piece of crap would not receive all my calls or text, battery life is the worst Ive have seen on a phone even with batt tweaks. So Im using a Treow 700wx running winmo 6.1 with no issues until the Pre drops. I hope it comes out soon because I tired of carring this brick around lol.
    Ill be part of the crowd giving up my Blackberry Curve.

I do think I will miss the blackberry messenger, so im keeping the Curve just in case, and will no doubt switch to the Blackberry Tour when it hits later this year.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fatal99 View Post
    I am just now having my first problem with the centro. The down button stopped working on the D-pad. Can't wait for this thing to blow my mind!
    I have an Onyx Centro, that I love so I'll keep her and take advantage of the 30 day return policy to make sure I really really like the Pre, plus I'm using SERO too. So it better blow me away for me to double my current plan cost.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
    I love my 755P and will keep it until, hopefully, Verizon gets the Pre.
    If the phone lives up to all the hype, I'll be giving up my iPhone 3G for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    for those giving up the iphone, why?
    For me five main things (in order of importance):
    1. Multitasking
    2. Synergy
    3. Hardware keyboard
    4. Removable / replaceable battery
    5. No more friggen GSM buzz!!
    Last edited by showson1; 05/04/2009 at 02:32 PM.
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Blackberry Storm. Actually, with one of the latest Operating Systems installed, it's a pretty cool device. However, the browser is not what I was hoping it would be and I think it doesn't multitask as good as the Pre looks to, so I'm going to test out the Pre and most likely break contract for it.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Blackberry Curve
    BB Bold
    I have an 800w (that will be getting exchanged again in a few days!) and will be selling that once I get my hands on a pre. I also have a 700wx that I keep as a spare phone and I'll continue to keep that over the 800w to be honest. Yes, the 800w is a better size, but the 700wx is more stable and has longer battery life.
    iPhone.
    Wife's centro for sure. Probably my iphone but i could easily wait another year. I really need to see it in my hands first. And i hope the picture clears up a bit on where Palm is going with it. Apps are important and so i need to see what they have in mind. I also need to see how it will integrate with the desktop.

Too much unknown right now.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Long time Windows User.

Compaq Aero 1500
    Compaq Aero 2100
    HP Jornada 545
    Toshiba e310
    Toshiba e740
    HP Ipaq 2210
    HP Ipaq 1945
    HTC 6700
    HTC Mogul
    HTC Touch
    HTC Touch Diamond

I'm a big of a gadget freak. This'll be my first switch from the big MS though. I was an avid anti-palm enthusiest previously (though was a fan of Handspring over palm when they were in business)
    I actually gave up my touch pro to a theif a couple of weeks ago. So I'm patiently waiting for the Pre.
    Quote Originally Posted by Palmfood View Post
    I have an Onyx Centro, that I love so I'll keep her and take advantage of the 30 day return policy to make sure I really really like the Pre, plus I'm using SERO too. So it better blow me away for me to double my current plan cost.
    Well I hope you aren't planning on switching back to SERO if you don't like it, lol.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    I think I'll finally have to give up my beloved Voicestream VisorPhone (sigh).
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    800w