Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Add a new release date rumor to this pot, www.palmloyal.com says their Sprint contact claims the launch date will be May 31. Any thoughts?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Oh great..another date!
    I'm considering anything before June 30th a great surprise at this point.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    Normally I'd say horsecrap, but the Inside Sprint lady/dude/thing did say that while Sprint launches retail-wise on Sundays, that they also launch phones via telesales on the Thursday before.

May 21st launching at Telesales and May 24th in stores sounds pretty reasonable, as long as they announce in the next week...
    Memorial day weekend wouldn't be a bad thing.
    Except for the fact I will be on a road trip to chicago....

But yeah, May 31st isn't memorial day weekend.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    Oh great..another date!
    Oh great! Another release date thread! :dodgy:
    If that's the case the 31st is almost as bad as the 7th of June. You want to have your product out as long as possible before your competition steals your thunder. ONE WEEK IS NOT NOT NOT LONG ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!

Now the 17th or 10th would be much better. But why would they be listening to us the consumer....THEY DON'T!!!

Thing is Sprint/Palm are playing a very dangerous game here. Announce too early your rivals have a chance to one up you. Too late and they pass you anyway. That and that we are being kept in the dark just give us one more reason to say ahh i'll pass.

Now if when they announced that back in ces some firm dates. Then followed up with timely updates. You would have more people interested and chomping at the bit to get one. Love them or hate them when APPLE announces a product its out in a timely manner.
    I just want to know, if I can find a link claiming a new date, can I make a new thread too?
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1164 View Post
    Love them or hate them when APPLE announces a product its out in a timely manner.
    Then you have nothing to complain about yet.

Apple said iPhone first half of the year or by June, then in June they said the 29th.

Palm still has another month then to give a "fixed" release date.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I just want to know, if I can find a link claiming a new date, can I make a new thread too?
    Yea, you could, but you have to find a new link with a date we haven't heard of yet. Someone did already post this link, I just can't find which thread.
    Even if the release date is June, I'm thinking Sprint will announce it real soon like to offset the (likely) grim news from their Monday earnings announcement.

Either way, won't be long now...
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by eminiz View Post
    Yea, you could, but you have to find a new link with a date we haven't heard of yet. Someone did already post this link, I just can't find which thread.
    Yeah, I searched and couldn't find it either. For those complaining, I must wonder why you take the time to open and respond to a thread that apparently doesn't interest you? There are hundreds of threads on this forum that don't interest me. What do I do? I choose to ignore them. Maybe it's time to do the same. Until Sprint gives us an official release date, expect rumors from Palm fan sites to be reported on whether you make snide comments in the thread or not.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." óL. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by DougB541 View Post
    Except for the fact I will be on a road trip to chicago....

But yeah, May 31st isn't memorial day weekend.
    Didn't say it was. We're all just throwing out dates anyways. It's safe to say noone really has a clue but Palm/Sprint.
    anytime within that 30 day return period is bad... so palm release on May 31st, June 7th when ever... Apple release sometime in June.... day 29 I hate this phone, back to the store it goes and im going to get a better proven replacement
    Kind of jives with what my advocate and that Palm rep said to me... they are getting their devices mid-May.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Memorial day weekend wouldn't be a bad thing.
    I am with you on the memorial day weekend launch. It makes just as much sense now as other dates.
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    anytime within that 30 day return period is bad... so palm release on May 31st, June 7th when ever... Apple release sometime in June.... day 29 I hate this phone, back to the store it goes and im going to get a better proven replacement
    And you'll have to switch carriers and pay for a more expensive plan with less features.

Besides, if you hate the phone, then Apple won't matter. You'd return it anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    I just don't understand this line of thinking. Are there really a significant amount of people still on Sprint who want an iPhone, weren't impressed enough by the first two go-rounds (original, 3G) to get one, but will get a new model with video recording if the Palm Pre (a device with no video recording as of yet) isn't to their liking?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    I just don't understand this line of thinking. Are there really a significant amount of people still on Sprint who want an iPhone, weren't impressed enough by the first two go-rounds (original, 3G) to get one, but will get a new model with video recording if the Palm Pre (a device with no video recording as of yet) isn't to their liking?
    Exactly..

But there are a lot of people already with Sprint who want Sprint's coverage, quality, or pricing and a product like the iphone...

The big spenders turned on by the iphone and don't mind AT&T have already left the building..
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast