Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I want some answers! I want the TRUTH!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    I want some answers! I want the TRUTH!!!!!!
    You can't handle the truth!
    BTW..i downloaded Windows 7 RC today. Much better than the beta.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    It keeps getting better and better. All my bug reports are actually working
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    There's a thirst among the tech world already. Every detail and rumor about it is news.

But there's a chance they might not meet their deadline, and as long as there is, they shouldn't be running "Coming Soon" commercials. Sprint has one chance to make a first impression with the public-at-large, and it had better come with a release date at the end of the commercial.
    If they miss their deadline, they'll have alotta splainin' to do to the people of the Tech world as well. Just because you start advertising it doesn't mean you have to give a hard availability date. They just need to start creating the demand. The smartphone business doesn't reward the timid.
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    If they miss their deadline, they'll have alotta splainin' to do to the people of the Tech world as well. Just because you start advertising it doesn't mean you have to give a hard availability date. They just need to start creating the demand. The smartphone business doesn't reward the timid.
    The advertising business doesn't reward those who waste money.
    They have a limited budget, even if it is larger than before. Why waste it on coming soon and commercials that will say nothing about the product? They are doing some of that anyway with the Now Network commercials with the little cameos without being explicit about it. Spend money making people comfortable with Sprint, that is money well spent. Spend money when you are ready to launch and have the date set and are coming up on it, any sooner and it is like flushing limited ad resources down the toilet. They need to maximize their ad dollars, even if it means we aren't happy about how long it is taking.
    Will stuff that worked on XP Pro and Vista 32 Bit work on Windows 7? I'd like to download it on one of my computers, but am a little wary.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    It's almost here guys. Be patient.

For those who can't wait. Buy another phone and shut up.
    I actually do have phones *read sig *, but what I'm really hoping for is an underdog takeover by Palm. So far nothing yet but too much secrecy that's making some people start thinking something is wrong, that the Pre will be late or some other stuff.

I don't want to see those "Is the Pre a bust?"-type articles and there's already about 3 out now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by fwinst View Post
    You don't think there's a demand for the Pre?

Ok.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I already hit my breaking point and decided to give my mom my Sprint phone since she needed one and then picked up an iPhone for myself. I won $200 at work, so I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket and my work discount makes the AT&T equivalent of my Everything Data plan, only $5 higher than what I was paying. Should a new iPhone arrive next month that's actually worth purchasing, I still have the money I was saving up for the Pre. So basically, Palm lost a potential customer and Sprint is getting $40 less from me per month.
    Quote Originally Posted by PikkonX View Post
    I already hit my breaking point and decided to give my mom my Sprint phone since she needed one and then picked up an iPhone for myself. I won $200 at work, so I didn't have to pay anything out of pocket and my work discount makes the AT&T equivalent of my Everything Data plan, only $5 higher than what I was paying. Should a new iPhone arrive next month that's actually worth purchasing, I still have the money I was saving up for the Pre. So basically, Palm lost a potential customer and Sprint is getting $40 less from me per month.
    You do realize that Palm didn't lose you right? The Pre isn't out.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Will stuff that worked on XP Pro and Vista 32 Bit work on Windows 7? I'd like to download it on one of my computers, but am a little wary.
    With the Beta, i had issues with both Dells. Harddrives not working well, moving files would freeze up. Itunes didn't work well at all. Adobe acrobat pro or photoshop had issues. Nero didn't work well. Unstable overall. Had to use "compatibility mode" to install a majority of programs. Wouldn't restart at times. Went back to Vista 64bit.

I got RC on the laptop and no such issues now. No hiccups. Haven't used "compatiblity mode" once when installing a program. Both acrobat and photoshop work. No freeze ups using external harddrives or whatever. Itunes works like normal. No issues with Office. Firefox, quickbooks, tvalue, warcraft III, my accounting stuff, etc work fine. Goes to sleep properly when lid is closed. Oh and didn't need any drivers from dell's site except the touchpad (which worked but didn't have full functions) driver..used the vista driver with no problem. Windows Update had em all.

Will keep using.
    Well that's good to hear! Thanks!

You do realize that Palm didn't lose you right? The Pre isn't out.
    They did lose a potential customer. However if they release in the next 30 days, I think he could still return the iPhone and go back to Sprint.

Although I think he maybe should have waited until May the 10th or some time in there. He could have used the iPhone in the meantime but still seen if the June 7th rumor was correct and also seen what Apple has to offer in the next model. Then he would have had a couple days to decide what to do.

You will want to find newer drivers for your hardware to ensure they work and won't cause BSOD's. Programs should mostly work and many companies are churning out Win 7 compatible programs already.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You will want to find newer drivers for your hardware to ensure they work and won't cause BSOD's. Programs should mostly work and many companies are churning out Win 7 compatible programs already.
    Windows 7 is designed to work with Windows Vista drivers.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    They did lose a potential customer. However if they release in the next 30 days, I think he could still return the iPhone and go back to Sprint.

Although I think he maybe should have waited until May the 10th or some time in there. He could have used the iPhone in the meantime but still seen if the June 7th rumor was correct and also seen what Apple has to offer in the next model. Then he would have had a couple days to decide what to do.
    Yep, I still have my Sprint contract, it's just that I switched the plan to the $29.99 one for my mom. I just couldn't put up with that godawful Samsung Rant anymore and needed a real smartphone. After weighing my current options I bet on iPhone, but I'm still looking out for the Pre and may end up buying a future model somewhere down the line depending on how it turns out. I'll just have two phones like your sig says.
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PikkonX View Post
    Good for you. Now get lost and go to the iphone forums. He, he.
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    Windows 7 is designed to work with Windows Vista drivers.
    I know but just like when Vista came out, there are Windows 7 customized drivers for devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    I know but just like when Vista came out, there are Windows 7 customized drivers for devices.
    Yes, but Vista wasn't designed to work with XP drivers. It was a totally new kernel and required specific drivers. Now there are Windows 7 drivers that work better than the vista drivers, but the OS was designed so that Vista drivers would work.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456