Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 120
  1.    #21  
    The comical part is certain defenders of Palm/Sprint get angry, when someone vents, way too easy.

    When a phone gets announced 4 months prior and you own a obsolete phone like the 800w, which suxors!, you tend to get in need of that dream phone.
    Last edited by bigbad614; 05/01/2009 at 12:57 PM.
  2. jewel's Avatar
    Posts
    638 Posts
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    #22  
    Don't forget to take your antihypertensives.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    The comical part is certain defenders of Palm/Sprint get angry, when someone vents, way too easy.

    When a phone gets announced 4 months prior and you own a obsolete phone like the 800w, which suxors!, you tend to get in need of that dream phone.
    You have a right to feel the way you feel - and I may have taken a little of how I feel out in a thread that you started. As with the SERO people, I am also getting tired of reading about how people are "mad" and "pissed" at Sprint and Palm because they are not delivering to your expectations. Hey, I might not even buy one, I might get a TP2. I don't know. So I am not necessarily defending Sprint and Palm (like I am running either company - ) but trying to make a different point of view from a real-world business perspective.
  4. #24  
    Personally I think from a business perspective the secrecy is a bad thing. Now if they still don't actually know when they'll release I suppose there's nothing we can do about that, but if they do and they're holding out I think it's a bad idea.

    I basically haven't even been telling my friends about the pre because I know the first question they'd ask is when it's coming out.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbad614 View Post
    The comical part is certain defenders of Palm/Sprint get angry, when someone vents, way too easy.

    When a phone gets announced 4 months prior and you own a obsolete phone like the 800w, which suxors!, you tend to get in need of that dream phone.
    None of usm are getting angry or upset, we are simply trying to defray some of the anger building up. Anger is irrational, as are all emotions, by throwing out the logic it helps defuse things.

    We understand why there is frustration, but they have yet to fail to deliver. Yes they debuted the device 4 months ago, but they also said it will take a while to get a final device and they were planning on launching 1st half 2009. We are still well within the window, they still have 2 whole months, which is 1/3 of the time left.

    If there is nothing by July 1, I will be right there with everyone else yelling, screaming, and complaining about delays. But you can't scream about delays when there have been none. What has been happening has been a bad cycle of rumors and insinuations of possible dates and prices. People take these to heart and get significantly disappointed/angry at Palm and/or Sprint's "failure." But what did Sprint or Palm do wrong? If they announce a fixed date before they are ready to, and miss it they are screwed and they can't respond to every wild rumor that comes up on the internet -- nor should they have to.

    Yes we are all looking for more information, yes we are getting frustrated by the lack of it, but we aren't entitled to it before they are ready to announce. Yes it sucks, but it's reality. And at the end of the day is it really worth getting worked up to the point of anger over a gadget?
  6.    #26  
    There was no real anger.....Just words. Besides a company like Sprint and Palm have taken a slight turn for the bad with me because of the 800w.

    I'm truly not "MAD." I just want to blame the lack of the Pre on Sprint/Palm leaving me hanging on the 800w with no option other than, "We can replace it with another 800w...."

    It's not the Pre's fault I am despising my 800w, it's Sprint/Palms fault.

    See, now I kinda went off topic, hating on the 800w.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by les anderson View Post
    sprint/palm have maintained the first half of 2009 since january.

    If it was october and we still hadent seen anything that would be one thing.

    Anyone remember the samsung i550 debacle? This was a device that was rumored years ago and speculation ran rampant - and got to the point of sightings, back end links to the product page on sprint.com, and promise after promise of imminenant release. This went on for months.

    The thing never came out.

    roflmao.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    This is the sorest subject that gets started on this forum... and on a regular basis.

    Tsk, it's a shame.
    "We are getting Angry"

    -Twins from The Matrix
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  9. #29  
    It's not that we feel we are 'owed' anything by palm and sprint, we are just baffled and disappointed in what can only be described as poor decision making in communication.
  10. TomD's Avatar
    Posts
    908 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    None of usm are getting angry or upset, we are simply trying to defray some of the anger building up. Anger is irrational, as are all emotions, by throwing out the logic it helps defuse things.
    Spock, is that you?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    With all of these type posts (Eguy is even putting it in his avatar) I wonder why people are so pissed - why do you think it is your god-given right to have Palm or Sprint tell you any more than they have?
    Because they've had people hanging on since the CES announcement and have given very little info since then. Just a vague "first half of 2009" release date. They created the want for the Pre and now will not even offer any updates on the release.

    No wonder some people just said "screw it, I'm getting a phone I know is out." If they don't have "time" to give any info, some consumers don't have time to keep waiting.

    Corporations who play games with consumers **** me off. And that would be quite a few, not just Palm or Sprint, for the record.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    I agree with you 100%, of all the people I've asked, none of them have heard of the Pre. A couple are Palm users already, couple HTC users. These were people that bought phones on launch day.

    I also asked the guy that takes of cell phones for our company, he had heard NOTHING about the Palm Pre, and we are with Sprint.

    I would say 98% of the people have no idea what is even going on.
    Who's fault is it that the mainstream public hasn't heard enough about the Pre?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Because they've had people hanging on since the CES announcement and have given very little info since then. Just a vague "first half of 2009" release date. They created the want for the Pre and now will not even offer any updates on the release.

    No wonder some people just said "screw it, I'm getting a phone I know is out." If they don't have "time" to give any info, some consumers don't have time to keep waiting.

    Corporations who play games with consumers **** me off. And that would be quite a few, not just Palm or Sprint, for the record.
    I mostly agree.
    If they would have said sometime in 2nd quarter of 09 maybe people wouldn't be so antsy but by saying 1st Half that is a huge launch window. They have to have known how far along they were on the phone. Better planning should have been done to estimate a release date to avoid frustrating people. Frustrating people is rarely a good idea when you are trying to sell something...Should people get frustrated? probably not. But they obviously are some people don't have patience.

    That being said I'm not frustrated I have had the same phone for 2 years and will just keep using it until I get a chance to check out the pre in person!.!!!
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    OK, again - why do they "owe" it to you now? Maybe it has been in development for a long time, most phones have been before they come to market (the iPhone was at least 2 years old before commercialization), but once you get close to commercialization, you have to cover a lot of bases on the Sprint network - and possibly the "cloud" om Palm's side. Hiccups happen (re: Treo Pro - which was NOTHING new and it had a last minute glitch in the software related to Sprint) and Sprint/Palm want to make sure that when 300K are sold in the first few days that they all work. The LAST thing I want is for all of these "connected" devices to bring our network to a grind (re: What the iPhone has done to bandwidth at ATT), so proper testing is appropriate. And what if they came out today and said "May 17 for $199" and May 17 came and went with no roll-out (again re: Treo Pro) - OMG, blood bath!

    You folks really act there is some sort of conspiracy going on here - l am sure NO ONE wants that phone out any faster than than Sprint and Palm. "Excuses"??

    Gotta unsubscribe to this thread, now I am getting mad.....

    They're not saying ANYTHING though, not even that the Pre is still being tested on the network or whatever. That's what's getting people antsy.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They're not saying ANYTHING though, not even that the Pre is still being tested on the network or whatever. That's what's getting people antsy.
    By saying nothing, nothing can blow up in their face. If they say Anything positive that's definitive, and it doesn't come out exactly the way they say, then they will have fubar on their hands.

    Sprint can't afford that, and Palm can't afford that.

    Personally, I think it would be a mistake to air the first commercial specifically naming the Pre before it was available to purchase.

    I also think it would be a mistake to name a specific date until the devices are on location ready to be unboxed.

    Probably the one area I think they could lighten up a little on is price. But, it could be they're deliberately trying to keep the competition off their toes on that one.
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    They're not saying ANYTHING though, not even that the Pre is still being tested on the network or whatever. That's what's getting people antsy.
    Thank you for that. A little update would be nice. I don't expect them to just release it. This is sort of a bad marriage. No communication. I love the technology--palm--I will never leave--Sprint.

    I just want to see that thay care enough to talk to us. Communication makes a great business. No communication causes inverstors to wonder, "what am I supporting?"

    Like I said, I love Sprint and Palm.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by spectre686 View Post
    I mostly agree.
    If they would have said sometime in 2nd quarter of 09 maybe people wouldn't be so antsy but by saying 1st Half that is a huge launch window. They have to have known how far along they were on the phone. Better planning should have been done to estimate a release date to avoid frustrating people. Frustrating people is rarely a good idea when you are trying to sell something...Should people get frustrated? probably not. But they obviously are some people don't have patience.

    That being said I'm not frustrated I have had the same phone for 2 years and will just keep using it until I get a chance to check out the pre in person!.!!!
    I agree. Seeing how this panned out, the expected quarter should have been mentioned instead.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  18. 1quick1's Avatar
    Posts
    92 Posts
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    #38  
    Wanna know what's worse? I have 4 friends all getting the PRE the first day it comes out.

    I have to wait until June 19th for my Tmobile contract to expire to switch to Sprint
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    By saying nothing, nothing can blow up in their face. If they say Anything positive that's definitive, and it doesn't come out exactly the way they say, then they will have fubar on their hands.

    Sprint can't afford that, and Palm can't afford that.

    Personally, I think it would be a mistake to air the first commercial specifically naming the Pre before it was available to purchase.

    I also think it would be a mistake to name a specific date until the devices are on location ready to be unboxed.

    Probably the one area I think they could lighten up a little on is price. But, it could be they're deliberately trying to keep the competition off their toes on that one.
    By saying nothing, they also make people start wondering what could be wrong.

    And it's a mistake NOT to mention the Pre. I think they need to get the "Pre" name out ASAP. Get most other phones out of people's minds, and get them on this one as the hot new one that's coming.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1quick1 View Post
    Wanna know what's worse? I have 4 friends all getting the PRE the first day it comes out.

    I have to wait until June 19th for my Tmobile contract to expire to switch to Sprint
    I have to wait until Aug. 27, so that's worse.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions