Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    This guy seems to have a bone to pick with Palm. Instead of being impartial, he seems to just throw out negatives that could be with any new phone.

Palm Pre Prospects Paltry Says Analyst | John Paczkowski | Digital Daily | AllThingsD
    And that’s only the beginning of the company’s troubles, says Kumar, who was apparently wronged by Palm (PALM) in some previous life.
    Maybe... but every negative opinion may not be founded on some hidden agenda.
    I think that he is a bit jaded. One quoted criticism “Sprint is the only major carrier that has signed on to sponsor the Pre platform. ..."

Duh! Sprint have an exclusive.
    Global Posts
    310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    I think that he is a bit jaded. One quoted criticism “Sprint is the only major carrier that has signed on to sponsor the Pre platform. ..."
    By that logic the iPhone is a failure as well:
    "AT&T is the only major carrier that has signed on to sponsor the iPhone platform."
    Last edited by azjerry; 05/01/2009 at 11:02 AM.
    Palm Pre is no iPhone killer, not even close. Here is essentially the same article, presented by another source.

Palm Pre Will Fail, Says Analyst
    There was a lot of the same when the, uh, "Apple phone" came out 2 years ago. Lot of people said it was going to fail also. Sounds like he is on a carrier other than Sprint and is mad about it. But even the Sprint people are mad too as I read this board. Seems Sprint and Palm are not very "courteous" since they have not given a firm ship date and price for the Pre.

Anyway, I digress....he has the numbers wrong too - Sprint has 1/2 the customers that ATT and VZW have, not a 1/3.
    Quote Originally Posted by doublenickels View Post
    Palm Pre is no iPhone killer, not even close. Here is essentially the same article, presented by another source.

I was about to post a link to another article from the same guy when I ran across yours.

The bottom line is, if he wasn't saying something controversial like that, he wouldn't be getting any press right now.
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doublenickels View Post

Why do I want an iphone killer? If I wanted an iphone, I'd buy an iphone. I want multi-taking. I want good PIM/PDA type software. I want true integration/communication between apps. I do not want a handheld OS that does nothing more than act as an Application Launcher; that is what the iphone is. I understand that some people do want that, more power to them I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    Anyway, I digress....he has the numbers wrong too - Sprint has 1/2 the customers that ATT and VZW have, not a 1/3.
    Sprint is currently at 49 million. AT&T claims 78.2 million as of Q1 2009. That's just shy of 2/3rds the customers AT&T have.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Sprint is currently at 49 million. AT&T claims 78.2 million as of Q1 2009. That's just shy of 2/3rds the customers AT&T have.
    Sadly, Most of ATT's customers are only there for the iPhone and not for the crappy and expensive service
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Sadly, Most of ATT's customers are only there for the iPhone and not for the crappy and expensive service
    Most? Maybe a plurality of AT&T customers are iPhone users, but I doubt that the majority are.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    This guy is so negative, I'd like to see how negative he is on the other stocks he analizes.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    Most? Maybe a plurality of AT&T customers are iPhone users, but I doubt that the majority are.
    Your right but it is still a high number (I have checked before opening my mouth )

Their average bill is $94 a month, 60 percent higher than the company’s overall customer base. Data represented 27 percent of AT&T’s $11.7 billion in wireless revenue in the quarter, up from 22 percent a year ago.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Forget them. They have iPhones.
    Not sure who to trust, a paltry analyst or the market.

PALM skyrocketed today, it's trading at 11.30 as we speak.
    seldom got a real job?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    The market is the only truth, not always, but it's in this case. Just remember how the global economy performs and how Palm stock do it's own.

Just a few contrary opinions to be capable of saying "I predicted that" in case of a (not presumible) crash.
    more like palm fail
    Analyst = speculation.

If analysts had any real insight or ability to predict, we would all have gotten out of the stock market last spring. Most of these fools are guessing, and have no more information than we do.

Have a bunch of spare time? Wanna have some fun? Go back a few years and look at the "analysis" done by these folks, and see how accurate they've been. Most of them are on par with Jean Dixon. The fact that companies actually pay for this analysis continues to astound me.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast