Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    You've gotta admit, whether or not this Eos was intentially leaked, I'm sure ATT isn't too upset about it. Probably makes a lot of people who were thinking of jumping ship reconsider....
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how someone puts the words "stay on at&t" and "save money" in the same sentence.
    The same way other folks use "Sprint" and "great coverage" in a sentence.
  3.    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Beanis View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out how someone puts the words "stay on at&t" and "save money" in the same sentence.
    Haha good call, thankfully for the family plan I pay $54/month for 3000 minutes, unlimited data and 1500 text messages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Depends on where you live on that one. ATT service stinks from my perspective here in Austin, Dallas and Houston. Had more dropped calls in a week in those cities on ATT than I have had in 3 years on Sprint. But their prices are still the same - higher than Sprint's - no matter where you live.
    I also can't really imagine that if a person was really interested in the Pre enough to jump from ATT to Sprint, that this new "mini" is going to make them wait. Really, did the Centro cause that many carrier swaps?
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    I also can't really imagine that if a person was really interested in the Pre enough to jump from ATT to Sprint, that this new "mini" is going to make them wait. Really, did the Centro cause that many carrier swaps?
    To answer your question, I am switching to the Pre more for its OS than for the phone itself. I'm not a big fan of sliders but I don't have anything else against the physical phone. WebOS>Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    To answer your question, I am switching to the Pre more for its OS than for the phone itself. I'm not a big fan of sliders but I don't have anything else against the physical phone. WebOS>Pre
    OK, thanks for adding that.
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    4GB vs 8GB doesn't make any difference to me, both are too small to replace my iPod. Both cameras look fairly useless too. The smaller screen is a bit of a bummer though (but at least that gets rid of the slider). No wi-fi sucks though.
    I still switching. Slider with real keys and a larger screen > smaller screen and treo form.

As for the BS on the shipment supply and intentionally holding them back.

Simply put, palm can't afford to lay out the cash for 2 million phones so that every snotty nosed brat can run out and have it on day 1 hoping they sell most of the phones to recoup their costs on the inventory rotting unsold.

Call it what you want, holding back supply to run up demand, making a smart business decision, whatever. This is one of those situations that no matter what people are going to look at it however they want.

Every major release, even those that didn't sell all that well have been met with spotty availability right out of the gate. Even the beloved Iphone. So before you condemn Palm for something that every other company has had issues with try and apply some common sense to the situation.
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by Aridon View Post
    I still switching. Slider with real keys and a larger screen > smaller screen and treo form.

As for the BS on the shipment supply and intentionally holding them back.

Simply put, palm can't afford to lay out the cash for 2 million phones so that every snotty nosed brat can run out and have it on day 1 hoping they sell most of the phones to recoup their costs on the inventory rotting unsold.

Call it what you want, holding back supply to run up demand, making a smart business decision, whatever. This is one of those situations that no matter what people are going to look at it however they want.

Every major release, even those that didn't sell all that well have been met with spotty availability right out of the gate. Even the beloved Iphone. So before you condemn Palm for something that every other company has had issues with try and apply some common sense to the situation.

Playing devils advocate one can also say that Palm can't risk losing money from not having enough phones for people willing to buy it.

I think that Palm just has to trust in its product and let it ride. I think all of those other things are necessary if a product just can't live up to the hype. I'm hoping that the Pre is good enough where it can sell itself, no need for artificial markets. (Again this is based on pure speculation not on fact of holding back supply).
    I think some of the folks that keep insisting there won't be a noticable exodus of iPhone users are overlooking couple of important points:

1) A lot of the initial purchasers were diehard geeks that wanted the latest greatest smartphone. Before the iPhone, it was basically Palm and WinMo. Apple batted two of them out of the park. Those folks were the type that will put aside "label loyalty" (though sometimes reluctantly) and switch to the "newer better". That as iPhone. I suspect that when you compare phone to phone and phorget about (sorry, couldn't help myself) labels, the Pre is going to be the better phone. Those converts will convert again.

2) A lot of the people switched from other networks (including Sprint), only to discover that the hardware was great, te phone service wasn't. Some of them (probably a significant number) are going to be glad to have another service that offers a viable smartphone.
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I think some of the folks that keep insisting there won't be a noticable exodus of iPhone users are overlooking couple of important points:

1) A lot of the initial purchasers were diehard geeks that wanted the latest greatest smartphone. Before the iPhone, it was basically Palm and WinMo. Apple batted two of them out of the park. Those folks were the type that will put aside "label loyalty" (though sometimes reluctantly) and switch to the "newer better". That as iPhone. I suspect that when you compare phone to phone and phorget about (sorry, couldn't help myself) labels, the Pre is going to be the better phone. Those converts will convert again.

2) A lot of the people switched from other networks (including Sprint), only to discover that the hardware was great, te phone service wasn't. Some of them (probably a significant number) are going to be glad to have another service that offers a viable smartphone.
    I've had AT&T for about 6 years and I've never been turned away because of their service (telephone or customer service). I've found their customer service to be quite helpful, but also wouldn't rave about their service.

If Sprint doesn't give me a reason to complain it'll be equal to AT&T. If their speeds/service are better than it'll just make me happier I switched.
    Sure there's spots where one is better than the other, but on a whole, Sprint has the larger 3G network with AT&T playing catchup.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Pixi: Sold. Pre: Passed off to another rep. Touchpad: Just a toy until Cloud syncing arrives, and a better doc editor.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12