1.    #1  

Don’t get all excited(yet). I just wanted to remind folks that are going bananas over the release date of the Paln Pre, and whether it’s too close to ‘this date’ or ‘that event’ or all of the other similar things that are spreading around the world… take a look back at the history of Sprint device releases, and i’m sure you’ll see a pattern, and it’s certainly not by chance that it happens that way. The launch date for devices is generally on a Sunday for retail - but you must also remember that these devices are always available via direct ship channels (i.e. Telesales) on the Thursday before.

I am NOT saying the device will launch on a Sunday, but only if it was to be a standard Sunday launch process, then you could order the device at 6 o’clock Thursday morning, and have it in your hands by Friday afternoon. So keep that in mind when you’re attempting to rule particular days in or out just because some event is either too close or too far away from whatever date you’ve picked.

What I CAN say is that all of our retail stores were assigned product ambassadors who will not only receive a Pre that they will get to keep, but in the email they received, it detailed how many weeks before launch certain things would happen (like being selected as an ambassador, phone shipped, begin demo’ing, etc…) .. so if you know anyone that got one of those emails, then you will come much closer to narrowing down the date
    I am still placing my money on May 17th.
    So...... who knows any product ambassadors?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    So...... who knows any product ambassadors?
    I might, I think he already has one. I will find out when I talk to him next which does not happen very often.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post

I am still placing my money on May 17th.
    Thanks for the Info!
    Outside of the ambassador news, this is nothing new. Its widely known by now that Sprint typically launches on a Sunday, and it has been reported that we can order 30 days in advance of launch, rather than 3.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    Outside of the ambassador news, this is nothing new. Its widely known by now that Sprint typically launches on a Sunday, and it has been reported that we can order 30 days in advance of launch, rather than 3.
    so if they plan on launching the 31st, we should be able to pre-order tomorrow?
    I might, I think he already has one. I will find out when I talk to him next which does not happen very often.
    Call him now!

Whew! o.k. sorry about that. Whenever you get a chance will be fine.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    He doesn't.

The emails of when with all the fine details have not gone out yet.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    He doesn't.

How can you tell?
    Based on the Sprint Insider post it says:

so if you know anyone that got one of those emails, then you will come much closer to narrowing down the date
    Sounds to me like these ambassador's received the emails already.

Edit:
    I didn't realize you were an advocate for the Pre. Ignore the above then. =P
    Last edited by Syphon; 04/30/2009 at 10:11 AM.
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Tony, since your signature says Sprint Palm Pre Advocate, are you saying you will receive the e-mail he is talking about?
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyTurboII View Post
    He doesn't.

I can confirm this, my advocate has said the same as well.
    RIOT at Sprint HQ!!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.