1.    #1  
    Looks like Palm might add advertising through webOS directly into the apps on the phone.

APPLICATION MANAGEMENT FRAMEWORK FOR WEB APPLICATIONS - US Patent Application 20090055749 Description
    I would be fine with it if I can turn it off.
    I am sure it will be an option for App developers, the market will decide if apps with ads are acceptable.
    If the ads highlight new apps that I might be interested in, I wouldn't mind at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    If the ads highlight new apps that I might be interested in, I wouldn't mind at all.

That reminds me of an app I would kind of like, an app that looks at your current apps and suggests apps you might like.
    Sprint has ads in some of their apps.

I think they should flood iPhone users with Pre ads
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    App developers can put ads in the programs now if they want. There's no technological barrier to doing so. And Sprint (and the other carriers) can send ads to your phone anytime they decide the profits from doing so will outweight the costs in complaints and lost customers.

The only thing that's held the carrier's back so far is fear of a customer backlash, and possibly triggering more government regulation.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I think we all have enough problems with email spam and some times SMS spam, that we don't need anymore of it.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

9.    #9  
    It would be nice if developers can send a message to people running them about updates in real time.that would be a great feature if it pops up in the notification area, no?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    It would be nice if developers can send a message to people running them about updates in real time.that would be a great feature if it pops up in the notification area, no?
    Something like that. Kind of like Windows Update would be ok.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Turn every gadget into an advertising platform! Then everybody will be happy. For many, it would mean free (or subsidized) phones. And for some it would mean irritation and frustration. Imagine going throughout the day listening/ seeing advertisements every time one looks at the phone.

In India (don't know about other places) we are now subject to a cool technology where one gets to listen to inappropriate advertisements at all times of the day every time one makes or receives a call. Depending on the plan, either the caller or callee gets a subsidized rate. (I normally terminate any call that starts with an advertisement).
    If Sprint would give me a free Pre and free Simply Everything, I might be willing to put up with ads.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    If it:

1. Helps Palm survive (and thrive) financially and continue to provide great updates to the Pre (and future devices,

2. Potentially reduces the price of the Pre and/or future devices, and

3. Provides another means for software developers to make some money, then

I'm okay with a few ads, so long as they don't detract from the use of the device. And if they do detract, then I'm always free to choose a different device.

My golly, I just don't understand why so many people have a problem with the idea of paying, in time or money, for the tools that they often rely on. I'd much rather pay (in some way) than get something for free, because I understand that folks need incomes to live. The more the "free lunch" mentality gets set into people's minds, the less access we'll have to such wonderful technology.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Isn't that something Google were looking to do with Android?
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Sprint has ads in some of their apps.

I think they should flood iPhone users with Pre ads
    I know you meant this in jest, but one thing Sprint could do is post more ads on main and well known sites. I've seen Verizon ads on one site through Safari.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!