Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I wonder if they want security testers as well...
    I bet they have a little program that just looks for certain words and then pulls out random people. Why spend time and resources on something that a little program could do
    i'm in
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    i'm in
    In, or applied?
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ldfrombigd View Post
    If you get accepted I hope they don't make you sign an agreement that you cant write about it in a blog or forum etc. would love to share the experience with everyone on this forum here.
    Hope I get picked.
    I doubt it. That's what they want...exposure. I'm sure they are looking for people who are active in the blogging/forum/twitter/facebook world.. That is their ideal candidate.
  6.    #26  
    This was posted in the Predictions thread...but anyway,

Palm_Inc tweeted that they LOAN the phones for people to review and if they like you, you can extend your 'loan' with them longer than the initial 6 months. It's not yours to keep.
    Well gang,

I've applied also. It'll be interesting to see how many of us are selected for this Review program. Do you think we'll have any way of finding out how many reviewers Palm will select? How many applications they received?
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    This was posted in the Predictions thread...but anyway,

Palm_Inc tweeted that they LOAN the phones for people to review and if they like you, you can extend your 'loan' with them longer than the initial 6 months. It's not yours to keep.
    Yeah, I noticed that myself. But hey, with the way rumors are going so lately, maybe we'll have the Pre2 by 6 months from now... oh crap, did I start another rumor?
    I think I am the only one on the Forum that didn't sign up. Reason? Too lazy to write about it!

Just release it already!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    I think I am the only one on the Forum that didn't sign up. Reason? Too lazy to write about it!

Just release it already!
    The way I figure, I'll be writing about it whether Palm gives me one or not.
    I think its all about the demographic that you fit in and how you use your phone. They are looking for certain criteria and probably not someone who is on TC all the time and looking to find bugs. They likely don't want 'experts.'

I gave my background and if I get picked, awesome.

Kinda funny the ***-kissing going on for the comments of the Palm blog.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Has anyone heard back from palm on this yet? Or do they start notifying people on the 8th?
    Quote Originally Posted by edubz View Post
    Has anyone heard back from palm on this yet? Or do they start notifying people on the 8th?
    According to the comments on their blog they will be contacting on the 8th
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Yeah I just wrote what I do and habits.

I'm sure the fact I work for ESPN.com and I have a tech blog while using Twitter,facebook and myspace can't hurt all too much.
    I think at least 1 of us will be getting a Pre from them to test out... statistically speaking.
    Not to question you but the only way to make that statement is to know how many applicants there were.

It would be nice tho and thanks for posting the link.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Oh and the other piece of the statistics is to know how many reviewers there are going to be.
    There is no spoon.
  17.    #37  
    Thats very true. . .but you never know. I was just saying that because almost everyone that applied from this board is probably very excited about the pre and stated that in their application. If they do a little research on some of their applicants and see someone actively engaged in daily conversation about the Pre, they would probably choose them because they know that person will be doing their job with reviews.
    Thats very true. . .but you never know. I was just saying that because almost everyone that applied from this board is probably very excited about the pre and stated that in their application. If they do a little research on some of their applicants and see someone actively engaged in daily conversation about the Pre, they would probably choose them because they know that person will be doing their job with reviews.

Yah, please dont take my comments as picking. I truly hope they pick one of us... namely me but I digress...

hahaha.

Cheers!
    There is no spoon.
  19.    #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    Yah, please dont take my comments as picking. I truly hope they pick one of us... namely me but I digress...

hahaha.

Cheers!
    I just believe that at least someone from this board will be chosen. Who is anyone's guess. I'll take a stab in the dark...they are going to choose....

ME!!

All joking aside though, I'm just hoping someone from here will get chosen so we can get front row seats to a real review.
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    Anyone contacted by Palm yet?

I'm guessing I'm SOL since I haven't heard anything. Although, it's still early in the day on the West Coast where Palm is headquartered.
    It may seem like I am doing nothing, but on a cellular level I'm really quite busy.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12