Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    im sure someone would have said something, as stated previously. this is a reviewer program. people are supposed to talk about it. but there is a good chance people who were chosen were told not to say anything until they got the phone and started using it.

i suppose this could be a great research bit, have people apply to be a "real reviewer" and just see how many people sign up. that would in a small or big way show how many people are excited about this phone. on top of that being a possibility, they could have been so overwhelmed with applications that they are still sorting out who they want to choose.

i dont recall any information on how many they will choose. but i for one dont want a loaner. and ive paid for my internet on my phone for 5 or 6 years now, its not like id get any big break, i have my 25% discount, and an unlimited plan, so this reviewer program is becoming a bit less appealing.
    loan??? they can't afford to give the reviewers the phones? LAME.
    They also say that there's the possibility that if they like what you do, that they'll have the option to continue the program, which would mean that 6 months from now, you might get an even newer device. Even if they don't do that, I'm sure 6 months from release, the Pre is going to cost less than it will at release so you're getting a good deal anyway.
    i don't like that i have big brother palm watching my every move. i would agree if they GAVE me a phone and sent me a check for $125 a month for my service fees.
    We have come to the conclusion that anyone that would have known about the signup for the reviewer program would likely have found out from this site or is a member of this site.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Although the site said people would be notified on the 8th, I believe that they'd need a couple days to sort out who they want in which demographics and locations before going forward with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    i don't like that i have big brother palm watching my every move. i would agree if they GAVE me a phone and sent me a check for $125 a month for my service fees.
    I think you're just not the target profile for this program. They're looking for folks who like talking about their technology (like me, hint hint) and who would welcome being a part of an official reviewers program (like me, hint hint). For me (hint, hint) getting the phone to use for six months is attractive because it saves my cash in the interim, and of course the free service is real savings.

And, Palm's made it clear that they're looking for unbiased feedback, so perhaps making the Pre a loaner mitigates somewhat the possibility that they'll be accused of simply buying good reviews.

Of course, other folk can feel free to buy the Pre on their own and post about it or not.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12