Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I think (wishful thinking perhaps) that there is a surprise or two in store. There will be lots of little things that we don't know, and some of those will trickle out before release. But somehow I think there is still a biggee coming. I like the idea of 16GB or WiMax, but those are hardware things, so I'm skeptical. Much more likely would be a software thing. I have no idea what that might be. But it would be a good idea to have something big that could be announced that would cause a big stir.
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    If somebody bothers you, just click on their name, go to their public profile, click on User List and select Add To Ignore List. You'll never see their post again.
    Shudna tole me that. CLICK . (Not to you, of course.)
    justjill3

Palm Pre!!!,Treo 755p, Treo 650, more Palm devices in the past, ect., ect., etc.
    Running Datebk6, Takephone, Butler, Technician, Pocket Tunes Deluxe, Cleanup, Uninstall, Splash Suite, Zlauncher, Reset Doctor, SafeGuard, Power Hero, Audible, Audio Gateway...
    It might be a possible reason for being so hush-hush even at this point, but who knows anymore.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    With all the hush hush they better have a BANG with the Sprint release. Memory expansion would be a BIG plus. 4G and they got a HOME RUN! Palm would be going in the right direction.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Does anyone remember, I think it was Roger after an early demo, who said "that's about 20% of what it can do."

Where's the other 80%?
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    Does anyone remember, I think it was Roger after an early demo, who said "that's about 20% of what it can do."

Where's the other 80%?
    And then Palm told the SEC to ignore Roger, and since then Roger has fallen off the radar. So, either he was spoiling their secrets, or he was crazy.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    This should be closed...
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek Kessler View Post
    And then Palm told the SEC to ignore Roger, and since then Roger has fallen off the radar. So, either he was spoiling their secrets, or he was crazy.
    Roger will never live down that one interview, where he let the excitement get to him.

Sigh
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    If somebody bothers you, just click on their name, go to their public profile, click on User List and select Add To Ignore List. You'll never see their post again.
    Unfortunately, it does not get rid of them being quoted though.
    Flash would be awesome...
    .Treo Pro on Sprint Check out www.treotricks.com, Audio jack fix.
    It will be, but as Palm and Adobe have been relatively open about its development and timeframe for inclusion on the Pre I doubt it is Palm's "ace in the hole". (If they even have one)

People are reading way too much into this "4g" thing. By the time Sprint has a "4g" network nationwide we will be using 'Pre2'. What kind of a killer feature works in 2 cities now and maybe 10 by year end if everything goes perfectly and Clear lives up to its promises for the first year ever? If you live in a supported area it is a nice add on to your data card plan. But that is it.

Making the 8gb into 16gb, including some bombshell free software or media, Kindle integration, these are all more realistic things to look for.
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    ...Making the 8gb into 16gb, including some bombshell free software or media, Kindle integration, these are all more realistic things to look for.
    An 8GB and 16GB option seems to make sense.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

Well....SOMETHING is going on. According to Natali Del Conte on Buzz Out Loud. If the June 7th release date holds it is definately a DELAY from the original intended release date. It is thought that they added some sort of functionality there.....could be hardware or software........

and don't worry about the haters that only want people to post about things that THEY are interested in.........
    Back on track....

...I've heard a couple of rumors now of there being "one more thing" but have no idea what it could be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Back on track....

...I've heard a couple of rumors now of there being "one more thing" but have no idea what it could be.
    Isn't that Steve Jobs' line?

"Oh...And one more thing..." [crowd claps & goes nuts] "...We have copy & paste!" [celebration ensues]
    Quote Originally Posted by solar_plexus View Post
    Well....SOMETHING is going on. According to Natali Del Conte on Buzz Out Loud. If the June 7th release date holds it is definately a DELAY from the original intended release date. It is thought that they added some sort of functionality there.....could be hardware or software........
    Back about 2 weeks ago, I spoke with a Sprint employee. During the course of the conversation, she said it was coming out later than originally planned because of something Google added to their phone that Palm felt should be on the Pre. She said it was solely a Palm call.

I assumed she was talking about something that would have caused us to have to wait until the May 17th date, so I didn't ask more information.

Unfortunately, I'm not enough of a phone geek to know what has recently come out on Android or the G1 phones to know for sure what she was talking about, or even when.
    It could be video, that would only require a software change and I posted in another thread that there's a newly added widget on the now network site that has a picture of the pre counting how many videos have been uploaded on sprint.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Unfortunately, I'm not enough of a phone geek to know what has recently come out on Android or the G1 phones to know for sure what she was talking about, or even when.
    Gizmodo - Android 1.5 "Early Look" SDK Now Available: Adds Soft Keyboard, Video Recording, and Way, Way More - Google
    New features

* On-screen soft keyboard
    o Works in both portrait and landscape orientation
    o Support for user installation of 3rd party keyboards
    o User dictionary for custom words
    * Home screen
    o Widgets
    + Bundled home screen widgets include: analog clock, calendar, music player, picture frame, and search
    o Live folders
    * Camera & Gallery
    o Video recording
    o Video playback (MPEG-4 & 3GP formats)
    * Bluetooth
    o Stereo Bluetooth support (A2DP and AVCRP profiles)
    o Auto-pairing
    o Improved handsfree experience
    * Browser
    o Updated with latest Webkit browser & Squirrelfish Javascript engines
    o Copy 'n paste in browser
    o Search within a page
    o User-selectable text-encoding
    o UI changes include:
    + Unified Go and Search box
    + Tabbed bookmarks/history/most-visited screen
    * Contacts
    o Shows user picture for Favorites
    o Specific date/time stamp for events in call log
    o One-touch access to a contact card from call log event
    * System
    o New Linux kernel (version 2.6.27)
    o SD card filesystem auto-checking and repair
    o SIM Application Toolkit 1.0
    * Google applications
    o View Google Talk friends' status in Contacts, SMS, MMS, GMail, and Email applications
    o Batch actions such as archive, delete, and label on Gmail messages
    o Upload videos to Youtube
    o Upload photos on Picasa
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    People are reading way too much into this "4g" thing. By the time Sprint has a "4g" network nationwide we will be using 'Pre2'. What kind of a killer feature works in 2 cities now and maybe 10 by year end if everything goes perfectly and Clear lives up to its promises for the first year ever? If you live in a supported area it is a nice add on to your data card plan. But that is it.
    You're right Bryan. I have seen several posts in several threads speculating about maybe the new iPhone will have 4G and now maybe the Pre.

4G is not coming to any phone in the US anytime soon. Network upgrades always take longer than the PRPRPR $machines$ $for$ $the$ $carriers$ $state$. $Sprint$ $is$ $the$ $only$ $carrier$ $to$ $claim$ $they$ $have$ $an$ $4G$ $active$ $network$ $and$, $as$ $you$ $point$ $out$, $that$ $is$ $only$ $in$ $2$ $cities$. $2$ $cities$ $do$ $not$ $a$ $network$ $make$. $And$ $I$ $wonder$ $how$ $extensive$ $the$ $coverage$ $is$ $in$ $those$ $two$ $cities$? $Minimal$ $I$ $would$ $bet$.

Verizon is projecting 2010 to START building their 4G network. AT&T is saying 2012.
    So, Asforme, out of that list, what do you (and others) think might have been the thing they, Palm, felt the Pre needed to have right away? (assuming what I heard was even true).

My bet is:

o Video recording
    o Video playback (MPEG-4 & 3GP formats)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast