1.    #1  
    OK, I am a noob @ following a brand new release.... don't get me wrong, I am excited about it, and I know there are beta testers, but would it not be against the NDA to be using the phone in the public, especially like the kids taking photo's @ the racing event a few weeks ago.... do you guys think palm is making them go out to see how much they get caught in the wild?
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by udratherbme View Post
    OK, I am a noob @ following a brand new release.... don't get me wrong, I am excited about it, and I know there are beta testers, but would it not be against the NDA to be using the phone in the public, especially like the kids taking photo's @ the racing event a few weeks ago.... do you guys think palm is making them go out to see how much they get caught in the wild?
    I don't see how you can give a device 'real world' testing by only using it inside your house. You need to go around and check the coverage, see how it performs in the wild.
    Speaking as a tester for another cell phone company, for the phones that are really secretive we are expected to use a hands free headset and use discretion outside the workplace/home. I'm not sure how they are being instructed, but the big wheel race was probably against what they should have been doing. That said, even when you are using a hands free there is occasionally the need to look at the phone and it is your only or primary phone...
  4.    #4  
    that is good info, but it seems like w/ something so big there would be some type of disguise or all the components in a different shell for going out, or something... you know like the closed track when they test cars they put dumb paint schemes on the car, concept or different light packages and all kinds of stuff.... i know the form factor is nothing like any other phone out there but seems that there would be a little more security