Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    There's an off-topic post I just posted to, but since it originated on the pork flu, I'll ask the question again:

Since the Pre will have one of the most performant hardware among smartphones today, is there any chance we'll get Google Earth, not just Google Maps (this questions was asked way back in Feb, but I couldn't find an answer.) and the ability to open kml files?

*Please note that Google Earth exists for the iPhone, but NOT Android (GooglePhone)...
    Last edited by Goyena; 04/29/2009 at 06:41 AM.
    A chance? Sure, there's a chance. Does anyone here know? Not likely. And if anyone here does know, they're probably under NDA.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Alrighty...go here (Google product ideas) and vote for my product suggestion then!!!
    Done. added my own too!
    Global Posts
    1,113 Global Posts
    there is a chance but i doubt an app like that would be ported to Pre OS until there is a significant amount of people with phone in hand.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by KJ78 View Post
    there is a chance but i doubt an app like that would be ported to Pre OS until there is a significant amount of people with phone in hand.
    I think Google's programmers have a large degree of independence, and so I'm hoping that Pre will be a product that inspires the geekness that founded Google. Also, that threshold you are imagining can be lower depending on the ease of programming, and WebOS is supposed to be easy!

I'm still wondering why there is still no GoogleEarth for the GPhone...maybe it's a biatch (relatively) to program for?
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    I think Google's programmers have a large degree of independence, and so I'm hoping that Pre will be a product that inspires the geekness that founded Google. Also, that threshold you are imagining can be lower depending on the ease of programming, and WebOS is supposed to be easy!

I'm still wondering why there is still no GoogleEarth for the GPhone...maybe it's a biatch (relatively) to program for?
    Well with google maps being what it is, they may not feel google earth is as necessary or high a priority. I mean the features are relatively similar (how's that for weasel words?). Not that it wouldn't be welcome eye-candy.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Personily I dont realy see any use for the google earth program on the iphone/ipod touch, google maps with street view is much better and more useful, IMO
    Terry