Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 43
  1.    #1  
  2. #2  
    Did anyone notice that this emulator is running on a Mac?

    Now that's funny!
  3. #3  
    Gah just beat me to it... two interesting things I noticed, both in the launcher ( PreThinking - webOS early SDK - picture 17.png ) . One is that they split the note app into tasks and memos, two seperate apps. The other is the moon icon, which I haven't seen before. Maybe an alarm app? Weather? Also, the auto-complete for typing the URLs in the browser looks sweet!
  4. #4  
    Damn, nobody has leaked out a torrent of the SDK or anything yet?
  5. #5  
    its looking good still wish i could see more
  6. #6  
    Here's hoping for more screenshots coming.
  7. #7  
    looks awesome
  8. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Did anyone notice that this emulator is running on a Mac?

    Now that's funny!
    Actually, it's not really that funny. It's smart. Provide a platform for all users to program on.

    Mac's are nice machines, I use one, but I"m not an Apple fan boy. I have a Blackberry after holding onto my Treos for as long as I could.

    The O'Reilly webOS book is written using Mac as the programming platform.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  9. #9  
    Oh this is fantastic, I actually wanted to see that screen. This is very good for me and people will many calendars.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    Actually, it's not really that funny. It's smart. Provide a platform for all users to program on.

    Mac's are nice machines, I use one, but I"m not an Apple fan boy. I have a Blackberry after holding onto my Treos for as long as I could.

    The O'Reilly webOS book is written using Mac as the programming platform.
    Maybe "ironic" would have been a better choice of words? Because it really is.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Damn, nobody has leaked out a torrent of the SDK or anything yet?
    exactly what i was thinking when i saw it on engadget! How is it possible that people posted screenshots, but couldn't post the SDK. I'm pretty sure either way they broke the NDA. Might as well go all out and post the torrent.
  12. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #12  
    What's up with the battery charging and at 89%? Is that some sort of Easter Egg, or perhaps the SDK creators thought they'd just use the batter meter of the computer running the emulator?
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    What's up with the battery charging and at 89%? Is that some sort of Easter Egg, or perhaps the SDK creators thought they'd just use the batter meter of the computer running the emulator?
    The SDK probably lets you modify certain attributes in the OS to test situations, like an app that needs to check battery percentage for some sort of power-saving feature.
  14. cbrisman's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #14  
    not sure if this was mentioned anywhere but it looks like google maps has street view.
    PreThinking - webOS early SDK - picture 15.png
  15. Goyena's Avatar
    Posts
    893 Posts
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrisman View Post
    not sure if this was mentioned anywhere but it looks like google maps has street view.
    PreThinking - webOS early SDK - picture 15.png
    Not according to Modular.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by cbrisman View Post
    not sure if this was mentioned anywhere but it looks like google maps has street view.
    PreThinking - webOS early SDK - picture 15.png
    That's not street view, that's the satellite images. Street view is when they drive down the street in vans and take pictures from every angle so that you can get 360-degree images from any point on that street.
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Not according to Modular.
    I gotta concur on this just looks like Satellite View to me. I really hope they add street view with the direction detection support thing that G1 has.
  18. cbrisman's Avatar
    Posts
    4 Posts
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    That's not street view, that's the satellite images. Street view is when they drive down the street in vans and take pictures from every angle so that you can get 360-degree images from any point on that street.
    I was unaware of the difference. Thanks for the correction.
  19. #19  
    I liked how the on/off buttons looked like little switches in the settings screen. Just a nice UI touch, if you ask me. It's unique and it goes along with the hardware ringer switch.
    "If you think a weakness can be turned into a strength, I hate to tell you this, but that's another weakness." - Jack Handey
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Oh this is fantastic, I actually wanted to see that screen. This is very good for me and people will many calendars.
    Which screen did you find useful for calendars?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions