Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 43
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Which screen did you find useful for calendars?
    I believe he means the screen which shows how to add online calendars for Synergy.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    I gotta concur on this just looks like Satellite View to me. I really hope they add street view with the direction detection support thing that G1 has.
    Street View is possible (I'd expect it in future updates) but the Pre doesn't have a built in compass like the G1, so that latter part isn't possible.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/29/2009 at 04:30 AM.
  2. #22  
    Also, another big thing I just noticed:

    "Doc View 1.0" Is that an Office viewer?

    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/29/2009 at 04:30 AM.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Street View is possible (I'd expect it in future updates) but the Pre doesn't have a built in compass like the G1, so that latter part isn't possible.
    Awww really? Sadness. I really like that feature.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I believe he means the screen which shows how to add online calendars for Synergy.



    Street View is possible (I'd expect it in future updates) but the Pre doesn't have a built in compass like the G1, so that latter part isn't possible.
    It could have the ability of a gps compass which the direction you are traveling is based on movements, not as great but still could be useful.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima301 View Post
    One is that they split the note app into tasks and memos, two seperate apps.
    Palm (not Windoze) devices have always had separate apps for tasks and memos. Nothing surprising here.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  6. #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Damn, nobody has leaked out a torrent of the SDK or anything yet?
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    exactly what i was thinking when i saw it on engadget! How is it possible that people posted screenshots, but couldn't post the SDK. I'm pretty sure either way they broke the NDA. Might as well go all out and post the torrent.
    You're assuming Palm didn't want this out. I personaly think this is part of Palm's carefully orchestrated viral marketing campaign. Leaking out a little info at a time, as the launch gets closer, to keep us all interested.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    You're assuming Palm didn't want this out. I personaly think this is part of Palm's carefully orchestrated viral marketing campaign. Leaking out a little info at a time, as the launch gets closer, to keep us all interested.
    Exactly. Smells just like the 600 release all over again... I've heard this song before.
  8. #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by leadtrumpetdave View Post
    I liked how the on/off buttons looked like little switches in the settings screen. Just a nice UI touch, if you ask me. It's unique and it goes along with the hardware ringer switch.
    I wonder if they reversed the direction of the ringer switch compared to previous treos. At least on the 650 and Pro "off" is to the right. Here you "push" the "switch" to the left to turn the feature off.

    Details, people. Details!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Did anyone notice that this emulator is running on a Mac?
    Yeah, but the SDK provides native emulators for Windows, Linux and Mac OS. So it's more just a fluke that this person happened to be using a Mac when they snapped those shots.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    Which screen did you find useful for calendars?
    Picture 10 (first post)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Did anyone notice that this emulator is running on a Mac?

    Now that's funny!
    I guess I must've missed the humor. The Pre would be competing against iphone sure, as well as Winmo phones. Not much else other than a PC or a Mac.
  12. #32  
    Since this thread is about WebOS' aesthetics' thought I'd pass along this VS link I stumbled upon in Gizmodo article comments.

    Palm WebOS vs. Apple Iphone User Interface - Compare and Contrast - Palm WebOS Forum
  13. #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Since this thread is about WebOS' aesthetics' thought I'd pass along this VS link I stumbled upon in Gizmodo article comments.

    Palm WebOS vs. Apple Iphone User Interface - Compare and Contrast - Palm WebOS Forum
    I like the Pre screens because they're bigger.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Since this thread is about WebOS' aesthetics' thought I'd pass along this VS link I stumbled upon in Gizmodo article comments.

    Palm WebOS vs. Apple Iphone User Interface - Compare and Contrast - Palm WebOS Forum
    I couldn't tell which was which!

    I kid, I kid.
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by Outrigger View Post
    I guess I must've missed the humor. The Pre would be competing against iphone sure, as well as Winmo phones. Not much else other than a PC or a Mac.
    Right...but...no one is talking about a WinMo killer....everyone just compares the Pre against the iPhone....ok, I have weird humor I guess.
  16. #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    Since this thread is about WebOS' aesthetics' thought I'd pass along this VS link I stumbled upon in Gizmodo article comments.

    Palm WebOS vs. Apple Iphone User Interface - Compare and Contrast - Palm WebOS Forum
    I've never really liked the iPhone in general, but wow, this really goes to show you how Palm has out-Appled Apple with the Pre.

    I didn't think it was possible, but the Palm interface is cleaner and neater even than that of the iPhone.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I've never really liked the iPhone in general, but wow, this really goes to show you how Palm has out-Appled Apple with the Pre.

    I didn't think it was possible, but the Palm interface is cleaner and neater even than that of the iPhone.
    Yes i also agree... The iphone's interface just doesn't attract me as much as the Pres interface does...
  18. #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I've never really liked the iPhone in general, but wow, this really goes to show you how Palm has out-Appled Apple with the Pre.

    I didn't think it was possible, but the Palm interface is cleaner and neater even than that of the iPhone.
    It's also richer looking--there are a lot more 3d elements, the buttons look like things you can press rather than flat things. One can certainly see common design philosophies, though.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  19. hassiga's Avatar
    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    #39  
    we def need a torrent of this so all of us can play early
  20. #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by hassiga View Post
    we def need a torrent of this so all of us can play early
    Uhmm you pulled up a thread of the original WebOS SDK.....
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions