Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 30 of 30
  1. #21  
    I opened a new line once and then got the 755p.


    I waited three months and then cancelled that line.

    It worked for me in that case cause i opened a SERO line so it was $90 plus $150.

    Not a bad deal.
  2. mike5's Avatar
    Posts
    762 Posts
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Okay, here's a question... If the Pre costs $199 with a new contract, and if it costs someone $175 to cancel their current 2-year contract, then what's stopping that someone from cancelling, paying the fee, then starting a new contract? Total cost in this case would be $374.

    Does Sprint have a waiting period to account for such shenanigans?
    I talked to a customer service rep the other day. They sent me a deal of 1 month free & a $15 credit if I signed up for another 2 yrs. I specifically asked if the Pre came out a month from now, were there any penalties (i.e., I now would have a 3 yr, 11 mo contract or would I need to pay back $190 of the $200, etc.).

    The Rep said EVERYONE said they were waiting for the Pre & had the same questions. There are no payment or time penalties. When I get my Pre, I will sign a new 2 year contract that starts that day & I will still get my $150 discount (on top of my free month & $15 credit) from the price that includes any mail in rebates, etc.

    Cheers
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike5 View Post
    I talked to a customer service rep the other day. They sent me a deal of 1 month free & a $15 credit if I signed up for another 2 yrs. I specifically asked if the Pre came out a month from now, were there any penalties (i.e., I now would have a 3 yr, 11 mo contract or would I need to pay back $190 of the $200, etc.).

    The Rep said EVERYONE said they were waiting for the Pre & had the same questions. There are no payment or time penalties. When I get my Pre, I will sign a new 2 year contract that starts that day & I will still get my $150 discount (on top of my free month & $15 credit) from the price that includes any mail in rebates, etc.

    Cheers
    Thanks! Since I'm fully expecting to pay full price, anything less than that will be gravy, as far as I'm concerned.
  4. #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Oh, Palm pays for the factories and the overhead... It's built into the price they pay for the Pre.
    Thank you, that's what I was about to write. The costs associated with manufacturing are amortized into the price of the phone, whether it's by Palm or by the OEM manufacturer.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5. #25  
    I tried to tell people days ago how cheap the Pre will be to manufacture!

    I am happy to see the parts in the Pre are estimated to be even cheaper then I thought. Most recent smartphones seem to sell after subsidy for about the same as their BOM. See: iPhone 3g, Bold, G1, Storm etc. So maybe the $150 rumor has some legs!
  6. #26  
    Dont forget sprint also takes into account that they will be making money off of a customer for two years after selling the phone by making you sign a contract so even if they do sell it at the price they get it from palm they will still be making money.
  7. #27  
    Palm Pre teardown $170 to build, $300 to Sprint: Palm Pre teardown: $170 to build, $300 to Sprint | ITworld
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
  8. #28  
    now that we have pricing for the second webOS device (Eos/Pixie/Castle) at $349...what can we assume about the Pre?
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by JCB View Post
    Palm Pre teardown $170 to build, $300 to Sprint: Palm Pre teardown: $170 to build, $300 to Sprint | ITworld
    According to the people who did the "teardown": "Since the Pre is not yet shipping, iSuppli has not conducted an actual physical teardown of the product."

    Translation those numbers are at best estimates and at worst pulled out of their ***. Second, their numbers do not factor in R&D costs just components.
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    According to the people who did the "teardown": "Since the Pre is not yet shipping, iSuppli has not conducted an actual physical teardown of the product."

    Translation those numbers are at best estimates and at worst pulled out of their ***. Second, their numbers do not factor in R&D costs just components.
    Don't shoot the messenger, LOL!
    Palm m100 => Palm 515 => BB 7290 => BB 7100g => Treo 650 => BB 8700c => Nokia E62 (for 10 days) => Treo 750 => :Treo 750 with WM6:AT&T Tilt (for 20 days)=>BJII=>Treo 750 WM6=>Treo Pro WM 6.1(for sale)=>Treo 750 WM6 'til a GSM Pre comes up!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions