Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I'm kind of feeling stupid for starting this thread... But...

I just went to do my nightly Sprint.com check and noticed that our beloved Sprint Pre Page is error 404. Apparently they are updating.

So yeah... We should probably delete this thread shortly after they update and there is nothing new. Then the Goat will sit in the corner and cry for making a new thread that was completely useless.

http://now.sprint.com/nownetwork/productPage.html

http://sprint.com/nownetwork
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-

3.    #3  
    asforme >>>> Thank you for posting the pic. That means that people may still believe me in the morning.
    -Goatin' Ain't Easy-
    We'll have you back to Now shortly? Would it still be Now in the future? Or will Now be the past? How can I live in the Now if I can't have it right now?

And why is it that these websites have to go down to make changes? Can't they just rename a folder or two? Or do they do this for major hardware upgrades? Perhaps they do it just to annoy us. Can any webmasters out there elucidate?
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    It would be cool if the change is to announce a 4G Pre, but yeah... more wishful thinking.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    844 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    We'll have you back to Now shortly? Would it still be Now in the future? Or will Now be the past? How can I live in the Now if I can't have it right now?
    C'mon, it's really quite simple. Any now that's now is always going to be now. If it's not a now, now, it's a then. See?
    So when will then be now? Soon.
    -Tony
    Kind of a pipe dream but it'd be great if they put up a Palm Pre release countdown widget. But we all know that won't happen.
    Well, the pre page is back, with no useful changes as far as I can tell.
    Maybe this is somehow related to that viral campaign? It's supposed to start tomorrow, and tomorrow is in, well, 3 minutes.
    The first link works. The second still says updating.
    As of NOW, this one is still not up.

Sprint | Now
    The good thing about now is that it always is. And soon, it will be now again.
    Just found this page, is this new?
    Sprint: Plug into Now.
    I haven't seen it before. Not Pre related, just a play on the same Now widget idea with their mobile broadband card.
    And why is it that these websites have to go down to make changes? Can't they just rename a folder or two? Or do they do this for major hardware upgrades? Perhaps they do it just to annoy us. Can any webmasters out there elucidate?
    It depends on the site and what's being changed. That "now" site seems flash-based and depending on the framework being used, they may have to redeploy the entire .swf file. We often bring the system down (as opposed to doing a "hot deploy") so that we can run sanity checks before we bring everything back up. Displaying a "hey, we're making changes" type page is often better than you stumbling across a site in the middle of a redeploy. Sometimes the redeploy takes a few minutes, often it takes much longer. It just depends.
    Both are up now.
    Yep, nothing new besides some new widgets. *sigh*
  18.    #18  
    Aaaaand... I feel stupid. How did I know this was exactely how this was going to play out?
    I still find it so darned interesting that, when you type in www.sprint.com/pre, it takes you through the Now Network splash screen that talks about 3G-4G, and then ends up at the Meet Pre page.

I know, I know--wishful thinking. Still, as a marketing person, I know that such things are thought about pretty carefully. Usually.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    Aaaaand... I feel stupid. How did I know this was exactely how this was going to play out?
    There there, it's ok Pedro. You were just looking out for the community, we thank you for it.

I got something for you.........some grass and a friend to join you

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast