Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Is she sitting in an airplane? Guess the stewardess approved of the Pres airplane mode then, hm?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Is she sitting in an airplane? Guess the stewardess approved of the Pres airplane mode then, hm?
    Looks like a bus (or, since this is San Francisco, a trolley?).
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  3. R20
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    wherever it was all I can say is, where was i?? I would've jacked her!
    Yeah...I would have sat down next to her and have a loooong conversation with her!
    Man..I'm gonna keep my eyes looking closer to see if I can spot one here too. Too bad when I finally get one, it won't look as unique anymore since so many people seem to be sneaking around with them. Sheesh
    This picture was taken on Caltrain, most likely on that person's commute from San Francisco or the Peninsula down to Sunnyvale where Palm's HQ is.
    Where are the bus thiefs when we need them????
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    Hey, this situation is easily reproducible...what does the EXIF data show? What time was the picture taken? If it's a commute, we're likely to find her every working day on the same train at the same time. That seat next to her looks free. C'mon SF-based forum users - move your butts! Be on the lookout for a lady with a hot pink bag, hot pink nails, and possible other hot pink accessories. I want a full interview...don't be shy, you geeks!

Disclaimer: I take no responsability for any injuries occured as a result of following the above instructions. Is that a Taser or a Touchstone in the aforementioned hot pink bag?

Edit for the aspiring stalker: EXIF data shows it was taken with a Centro on April 28th at 6:25 pm. Assuming she's a Palm employee returning home northbound (another assumption, jlebrun apparently lives north of Sunnyvale, Palm's HQ, either in SF, Sacramento or Lincoln, according to Google and his online CVs) the only train that stops in Sunnyvale and is still underway at that time is train 277, departure 5:58 from Sunnyvale and arrival in SF main station at 7:02.
    Last edited by Goyena; 04/29/2009 at 07:23 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Goyena View Post
    Hey, this situation is easily reproducible...what does the EXIF data show? What time was the picture taken? If it's a commute, we're likely to find her every working day on the same train at the same time. That seat next to her looks free. C'mon SF-based forum users - move your butts! Be on the lookout for a lady with a hot pink bag, hot pink nails, and possible other hot pink accessories. I want a full interview...don't be shy, you geeks!

Disclaimer: I take no responsability for any injuries occured as a result of following the above instructions. Is that a Taser or a Touchstone in the aforementioned hot pink bag?

Edit for the aspiring stalker: EXIF data shows it was taken with a Centro on April 28th at 6:25 pm. Assuming she's a Palm employee returning home northbound (another assumption, jlebrun apparently lives north of Sunnyvale, Palm's HQ, either in SF, Sacramento or Lincoln, according to Google and his online CVs) the only train that stops in Sunnyvale and is still underway at that time is train 277, departure 5:58 from Sunnyvale and arrival in SF main station at 7:02.
    LOL
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.

Global Posts
    894 Global Posts
    I tried looking for shadows to see which direction the train was heading, but no luck. Also no decent streetview footage between the Caltrain station and the Palm HQ.

OK, guys, stop looking at her legs and concetrate. Can anyone virtually make a forensic match between the lock of hair in the twitpic, and the hair of Dawn Dagucon the Pre-Animator. (<-click 2nd link)

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts

I think you've done all the stalking already. Very nice!
    I'm gonna call BS on this. I think it's an inside job!
    I am sure anyone who recognized the Pre and even took a picture of it would have tried to get some info from the person holding the phone! Since we have heard nothing from the person who took the picture, one can come to the conclusion that this pic was set up by Palm!
    Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    I am sure anyone who recognized the Pre and even took a picture of it would have tried to get some info from the person holding the phone! Since we have heard nothing from the person who took the picture, one can come to the conclusion that this pic was set up by Palm!
    I don't know, I'm sure the inner-geek battle of finding out more about the pre vs. having to start a conversation with a strange female was quite intense.
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    I don't know, I'm sure the inner-geek battle of finding out more about the pre vs. having to start a conversation with a strange female was quite intense.
    Who's to say he didn't try to get some info and was rebuffed?
    he should have pulled a Jerry -

Last edited by Gekko; 04/29/2009 at 01:01 PM.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts

I didn't realize that much information was contained in the EXIF data. Very interesting. Thanks for the info.
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-

DUDE !

Quote Originally Posted by majorhavoc View Post
    I'm w/ you. Taken w/ a centro ? Random on a train?
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    174 Global Posts
    I tried looking for shadows to see which direction the train was heading, but no luck. Also no decent streetview footage between the Caltrain station and the Palm HQ.

OK, guys, stop looking at her legs and concetrate. Can anyone virtually make a forensic match between the lock of hair in the twitpic, and the hair of Dawn Dagucon the Pre-Animator. (<-click 2nd link)

What's a CalTrain? Is that like a fancy version of an AMTRAK train? No plop down tray-tables like an airplane or GreyHound bus...
    _
    Pilot, PalmPilot Personal, PalmPilot Professional, Palm III, Palm IIIx, PalmV, Palm VII, PalmVx, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 680, Centro

Somewhere in the mix, I also used a PDQ, Kyocera 6035 <--One of my favorites, Kyocera 7135, HandSpring Visor, Samsung i500 <--One of my absolute favorites!...

-
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast