Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1.    #1  
    That's the word on the street:

    First Shipment of Palm Pre Phones In Route?
  2. #2  
    You just beat me to it.
  3. #3  
    so .. anyone want to travel down to the UPS hub and 'visit' the pre?
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  4. #4  
    were did u get this info???
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by tattoonick View Post
    were did u get this info???
    The link in the first post. It's from everythingpre.com

    Click The Link!

    First Shipment of Palm Pre Phones In Route?
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    so .. anyone want to travel down to the UPS hub and 'visit' the pre?
    If I lived in that area and had the day off, I would totally scope it out with ya!
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    If I lived in that area and had the day off, I would totally scope it out with ya!
    Yeah, why is it I get this image of a bunch of pre fans in ghillie suits with a sniper scope and night vision goggles forming a perimeter.
  8. #8  
    A guy on HoFo put out the word that the Pre's were in shipping containers and already floating our way a few days ago, with the more time critical first batch coming by Air.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    so .. anyone want to travel down to the UPS hub and 'visit' the pre?
    Good luck. UPS's world-port is 105 acres of tarmac and runway and high-speed shipment processing center. The place handles 84 packages a second.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Good luck. UPS's world-port is 105 acres of tarmac and runway and high-speed shipment processing center. The place handles 84 packages a second.
    Exactly - the average person would be amazed to see UPS's or FedEx's logistics in action. Might as well go to the beach and try to find a particular grain of sand!
  11. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #11  
    Cardfan might be one the closest. Wonder if the local newspaper would have something.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Reminiz View Post
    Cardfan might be one the closest. Wonder if the local newspaper would have something.
    Title may read: Outraged fans hijacks UPS truck full of smartphones.
  13. #13  
    LOL..i'm not going near there.

    As for our local paper, i'm not even sure they've ever mentioned Palm or Pre. Our tech columnist (if you can call him that) is a RIM/iphone fanatic.

    Besides, its Derby time
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Besides, its Derby time
    Ah... Palm is diverting our attention. Sneaky.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    Why bother going to the UPS hub when you can just use the routing number?
    You wouldn't happen to have it, would you?
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
  16. #16  
    5/17 becomes more realistic now! Assuming that these are indeed some Pre's
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by El Salvador View Post
    5/17 becomes more realistic now! Assuming that these are indeed some Pre's
    No. Seems less likely actually (if this were even true).

    The phones still need to be flashed with final firmware... going to take longer than 2 weeks and still be shipped to stores.
  18. #18  
    This is either good news or a horrific trick, tops for the info!

    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I don't have the tracking number but between us on this forum we can probably iterate our way through it till we find the right shipment. I'll take 5EJ3456J3FGTG to 5EJ3456JFJZPY.
    UPS numbers start with 1Z
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

    Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
  19. reminiz's Avatar
    Posts
    780 Posts
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Pooh View Post
    No. Seems less likely actually (if this were even true).

    The phones still need to be flashed with final firmware... going to take longer than 2 weeks and still be shipped to stores.
    Makes the 06/07 rumor seem more offical doesn't it?

    I think they should release it memorial day weekend. Why haven't we heard this rumor yet?
  20. #20  
    Out of curiousity, does Sprint flash the phones or does a contractor do it? And how and where do they do it? I've always wondered.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions