1.    #1  
    The imminent release of the Palm Pre—the most exciting smart phone launch this year—has brought about unexpected hopes for a revival of the nearly-left-for-dead smart phone maker. It has also become the lynchpin in the on-again-off-again career of the technology banker behind the firm's turnaround.

Palm is 38 percent owned by Elevation Partners, a Silicon Valley private equity firm whose two most visible partners are Bono, a rock star who wants to be taken seriously as a businessman, and Roger McNamee, a technology investor who wants to be a rock star. McNamee has even spent much of the last two years touring the country with a group of high-priced session musicians that comprise his country-blues-stoner band, Moonalice.
    This article is much more than that - very interesting read on one of Palm's equity partners.

Still Haven't Found What They're Looking For: Bono and the unlikeliest private equity shop ever. | The Big Money
    A blackberry or a Pre. He has involvement with both.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I don't think he will necessarily use a Pre...

He can live with or without it.
    With or without it.
    Wow, just wow.
    Really?

Does anyone actually really care?

REALLY?
    Bono will have a crap phone:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/155668
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    Really?

REALLY?
    No.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by treo2die4 View Post
    Really?

REALLY?
    I'm sure Bono cares.

Or at least I hope he does - he seems like a somewhat intelligent dude.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    It was a pretty interesting description of the History of Macnamee and his many companies.
    one of each like his hero Chubby Wombat Moonalice?

Quote Originally Posted by bryanharig View Post
    It was a pretty interesting description of the History of Macnamee and his many companies.
    I absolutely agree--it was really about Mcnamee. He doesn't appear to be terribly well regarded. But if Palm pulls out of this nosedive, he stands to improve his standing quite a bit.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  11.    #11  
    Pheuff! I'm glad someone actually read the article I thought it was a good read too.
    whenever I see this thread title I keep thinking of Bono going "Yeah yeah yeah!" non-stop.
    Im sure he will carry a Blackberry Tour, aka the 9630, aka the Niagara.
    3000 Anytime + Mobile-to-Mobile + 7pm Nights & Weekends + Unlimited Data & PowerVision Services + Unlimited Text = $20 a month
    Blackberry 8330 - Paired with: Aliph Jawbone II
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    I don't think he will necessarily use a Pre...

He can live with or without it.
    With or without it.
    LOL
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    Pheuff! I'm glad someone actually read the article I thought it was a good read too.
    If you really wanted us to read the article, you should have chosen a better subject line. I don't give a flying **** what phone Bono (or any other self-important, ego-ridden "celebrity") carries. And I wish the press would just ignore them, in hopes they'll go away.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.