Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I say this, because I've now received the second tweet from @palm_inc that can _only_ be made JUST before the announcement. The tweet, for those who haven't seen it, is:

@palm_inc: Best song about waiting (IMHO) since Carly Simon's "Anticipation": Molls + PalmPre = 4 EVA

Now, Palm _knows_ how their most rabid fan base is desperate for news about the Pre's release, and indeed for the release itself. I'm guessing that this fan base makes up some significant percentage of followers of @palm_inc. Therefore, these references by Palm to waiting for the Pre are increasingly in bad taste.

Thus, the release date must be imminent, because Palm can't be so stupid as to make such bad jokes about a topic that's so near and dear to their most important fans, unless they have something to back it up with VERY soon.

Can they?
    This is a very good point. I just saw their tweet a few minutes ago before I read your post...good things being announced in the next few days possibly? I honestly won't get my hopes up.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    I say this, because I've now received the second tweet from @palm_inc that can _only_ be made JUST before the announcement. The tweet, for those who haven't seen it, is:

@palm_inc: Best song about waiting (IMHO) since Carly Simon's "Anticipation": Molls + PalmPre = 4 EVA

Now, Palm _knows_ how their most rabid fan base is desperate for news about the Pre's release, and indeed for the release itself. I'm guessing that this fan base makes up some significant percentage of followers of @palm_inc. Therefore, these references by Palm to waiting for the Pre are increasingly in bad taste.

Thus, the release date must be imminent, because Palm can't be so stupid as to make such bad jokes about a topic that's so near and dear to their most important fans, unless they have something to back it up with VERY soon.

Can they?
    eh, i think you're reading too much into this
    because Palm can't be so stupid as to make such bad jokes about a topic that's so near and dear to their most important fans, unless they have something to back it up with VERY soon.

Can they?
    I think they can, we've seen it so far...
    Bad taste doesn't necessarily equate to criminal responsibility.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by jmart603 View Post
    eh, i think you're reading too much into this
    Of course I am!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    Bad taste doesn't necessarily equate to criminal responsibility.
    I think they should be tarred and feathered, myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post

Can they?
    twitter can be used as a tool of misinformation, misdirection, and obfuscation.

That's totally inappropriate. It's lewd, vesivius, salacious, outrageous!

Yeah that's going to be a problem. It's gonna be a problem for them. This a clear violation of your rights as a consumer. It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!

Yeah that's going to be a problem. It's gonna be a problem for them. This a clear violation of your rights as a consumer. It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous.
    Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    They even have @palm_scout trying to get people to follow @palm_inc this is what they tweeted:
    Folks, no new info will be shared here. We’re just doing our best to help tweeple find @palm_inc, the official Palm Twitter channel.
    Why do i have a funny feeling they'll announce something big on Twitter???
  11.    #11  

Yeah that's going to be a problem. It's gonna be a problem for them. This a clear violation of your rights as a consumer. It's an infringement on your constitutional rights. It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
    I hope it was more clear that I was being tongue-in-cheek.........
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    They even have @palm_scout trying to get people to follow @palm_inc this is what they tweeted:

Why do i have a funny feeling they'll announce something big on Twitter???
    Actually, that would go along nicely with the full-page ad featuring the Tweety Bird.

(God, can't believe I actually just wrote that.)

I hope I'm not the only one who caught the Seinfeld reference. Thanks for that.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Well, I sure didn't... grrrr...
    I wouldn't get your hopes up. Palm people are really quite evil

They were laughing at us!!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    Hmm. Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
    I hope I'm not the only one who got this reference. (I quoted that in episode 4F10, Mountain of Madness)
    Treo 650p --> Treo 755p --> Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Walter E Kurtz View Post
    I hope I'm not the only one who got this reference. (I quoted that in episode 4F10, Mountain of Madness)
    As near as I can tell, it looks like we are it on that reference. Sadly.
    Seems like more teasing to me.
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by prereferee View Post
    As near as I can tell, it looks like we are it on that reference. Sadly.
    i laughed my *** off when i read that post!

Too funny!
    Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    I don't think I've ever seen an entire episode of that show.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast