Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    they think the waiting is funny, check out the video, it is actually a little funny
    The Official Palm Blog: The waiting is the hardest part
    Dear Palm,

Send me a Pre, I'll make a video about it too. Honest.

Derek
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I'll fly to the moon on me homemade rocket to pickit up! I just want my Pre!!! GAH!

This period of waiting really reminds me of this video (kinda) LATE (Obsene Language in there just FYI so NSFW)
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Palm can laugh all they want, I just bought a curve 8330 2 days ago because my Q crapped out and I didnt like having no idea when the pre was coming out. I am assuming Im not the only one
  5.    #5  
    The Curve is a TEMP phone, i also got it for meanwhile. but am far from crazy about it. Blackberry is waaaaay overated
    Some of you who have been following this thread for a few years will no doubt remember "Perry" along with his rants leading up to a new Palm release. He was a character and a fan of Palm. I miss his contributions as we all await the arrival of the Pre, but I see many of you (Like Eguy) just might outshine ole Perry.
    Quote Originally Posted by ncaa68 View Post
    Palm can laugh all they want, I just bought a curve 8330 2 days ago because my Q crapped out and I didnt like having no idea when the pre was coming out. I am assuming Im not the only one
    "No idea"??? Do you have some inside information that Plam has changed their original "First half of 2009" target?

Or, did you buy your own hype and then get upset?

I'm thinkin ...
    I understand what he means. No REAL idea, first half of 2009 is vague. Also it's about 65%(rough estimate) into the first half and no word from Palm, STILL. And if you need a phone SOON, are you really going to wait till June 30 to see if Palm meets it's deadline? Or are you going to get something concrete(like something that's actually out), so you can get your emails?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Sprint is not laughing because they r not getting any sales until it comes out!
    Quote Originally Posted by johnnieeve View Post
    Some of you who have been following this thread for a few years will no doubt remember "Perry" along with his rants leading up to a new Palm release. He was a character and a fan of Palm. I miss his contributions as we all await the arrival of the Pre, but I see many of you (Like Eguy) just might outshine ole Perry.
    Hahaha I remember Perry. I don't think I can outshine him though
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I understand what he means. No REAL idea, first half of 2009 is vague. Also it's about 65%(rough estimate) into the first half and no word from Palm, STILL. And if you need a phone SOON, are you really going to wait till June 30 to see if Palm meets it's deadline? Or are you going to get something concrete(like something that's actually out), so you can get your emails?
    Sorry, I disagree with most of what you're saying. "First half of 2009" is a "real idea". And though it's not as specific as the person posting might like, it's about 10 weeks from now. That's pretty specific at this point, unless someone has something concrete that says it ain't gonna happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Sorry, I disagree with most of what you're saying. "First half of 2009" is a "real idea". And though it's not as specific as the person posting might like, it's about 10 weeks from now. That's pretty specific at this point, unless someone has something concrete that says it ain't gonna happen.
    You're right, but, neither Palm nor Sprint has said that June 30th is the release date. They've given us a 6 month window that only has about 2 months left in it. If I told you I would deliver you something in April, and it got to be about April 15th without anything more concrete from me, you would start to worry that I might not make it, especially if I had a history of not making it. If it was April 20th, and you asked me and I said, "I'll get it to you in April," you'd really start to get angry at me. We don't have a release date yet because there is still uncertainty about when it will be ready to be released. And that means there is some probability (small, but existent) that it won't be ready by June 30th. And that little bit of uncertainty leaking over on to the other side of June 30th is growing day by day. It's still small (I think), but it's there. Thankfully, most of the uncertainty is on this side of June 30th, for now. But my sense is that another month of this will mean June 30th is in jeopardy.

I'm not encouraged by the lack of Pre specific advertising either.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Think about what the other poster said, his/her phone died. In terms of needing a new phone, "1st half of 2009" is vague and almost useless, especially since much of it's over and no word from Palm or Sprint. It's vague period, even if you don't need a phone now. I can see why he couldn't wait if he needs his phone for work emails. Although if he got an Ebay phone, he could still get the Pre.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Think about what the other poster said, his/her phone died. In terms of needing a new phone, "1st half of 2009" is vague and almost useless, especially since much of it's over and no word from Palm or Sprint. It's vague period, even if you don't need a phone now. I can see why he couldn't wait if he needs his phone for work emails. Although if he got an Ebay phone, he could still get the Pre.
    Absolutely, "some time in first half of 2009" is useless for someone that needs a phone now.

That was not the discussion though. The statement was I didnt like having no idea when the pre was coming out.. He does have an idea of when it's coming out. It's coming out (according to Sprint and Palm), the first half of 2009. That's it folks, pure and simple. Neither Palm nor Sprint have reneged on that to this point. Anything else has been speculation, and frustration with speculaton, on the part of other folks.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Palm and Sprint can laugh all they want. The waiting has just allowed me more time to research another phone that I've previously ignored. Now, rather than being 150% sure that I wanted a Pre, I'm only about 40% sure that I'll be picking one up .
    This was the comment I left on that blog:

Waiting isn't that hard. It's the lack of information and updates while waiting - and how that adds to speculations, rumors etc - that's what makes it hard. Not only are we expecting some announcements and ads, we're getting information from people and sites we don't know who or what to believe. When customers are ready to shell out their hard earned $ for a new phone and plan, we deserve a little bit more than the company letting us know how humorous it is to keep us waiting.
    Absolutely, "some time in first half of 2009" is useless for someone that needs a phone now.

That was not the discussion though. The statement was I didnt like having no idea when the pre was coming out.. He does have an idea of when it's coming out. It's coming out (according to Sprint and Palm), the first half of 2009. That's it folks, pure and simple. Neither Palm nor Sprint have reneged on that to this point. Anything else has been speculation, and frustration with speculaton, on the part of other folks.
    I suspect he meant he had no idea of an ACTUAL release date.

Quote Originally Posted by cary328is View Post
    This was the comment I left on that blog:

Waiting isn't that hard. It's the lack of information and updates while waiting - and how that adds to speculations, rumors etc - that's what makes it hard. Not only are we expecting some announcements and ads, we're getting information from people and sites we don't know who or what to believe. When customers are ready to shell out their hard earned $ for a new phone and plan, we deserve a little bit more than the company letting us know how humorous it is to keep us waiting.
    Good post to leave!!

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ncaa68 View Post
    I'm with you!

Not laughing at me - I bought a blackberry. Sorry got tired of waiting. Also Lots of new phones coming out linux based. Sorry Palm to little to late. They should have never announced this at CES nearly 3 months ago. Sad way of running a company!
    Technology is moving very fast. Waiting 4 mos (at least) from the time you announce a phone to release is an eternity. There's still no confirmed release date or price yet.

While the fanboys will start screaming about the "first half is what they said", there are a ton of people who have bailed out waiting.

The only "information" released recently was marketing spam from the "tell me when it is released" signup.

I know at least 2 people that bailed out for an iPhone and a Storm, and while not perfect, they are not vaporware right now.

I'm hanging in till end of June -- if the pre is delayed, I'll just buy a phone that exists.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast