Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Delay - Announced in Feb - it is almost MAY. I would say there is a delay..
    Quote Originally Posted by apcmiami View Post
    Announced in January, with the timetable of "First Half of 2009." Considering that it is not yet July, while they may not have gotten it out as soon as they had hoped, they're also still not late.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Announced in January, with the timetable of "First Half of 2009." Considering that it is not yet July, while they may not have gotten it out as soon as they had hoped, they're also still not late.
    Not late, just agonizingly slow.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    I'll say it again, it's the "no info" policy that's killing everyone. People wouldn't get so upset if they knew a more definite release date or even within a 1 month frame. If they even came out and said it looks more like June, I bet people would be disapppointed but would relax.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm not sure why Palm thinks the 'Hush' mentality is good.
    I've heard it mentioned from very reliable sources that Palm is being so tight lipped on this one. I really don't see the value in that. Is it done as a competition tactic?
    Just call me Berd.
    Agreed Berd! I just expressed my thoughts on it in the "depressing" forum.

The Goat is supposed to be a really positive one too.
    They haven't approved my comment on their most recent blog. I wonder why
    Quote Originally Posted by berdinkerdickle View Post
    I'm not sure why Palm thinks the 'Hush' mentality is good.
    I've heard it mentioned from very reliable sources that Palm is being so tight lipped on this one. I really don't see the value in that. Is it done as a competition tactic?
    To me, I can understand why they did it at first, I'd even give them up until March to be super secret. But after that, in my opinion, they should at least by this time, be giving a date even if its 1 wk or 1 month away, at least saying it WILL BE RELEASED ON..
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    ^ True true. I rarely have Sundays off, and I would really like to put a request in so I can be around for the launch of our precious. If it was released next Sunday... I would actually be angry.
    Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheGoat View Post
    ^ True true. I rarely have Sundays off, and I would really like to put a request in so I can be around for the launch of our precious. If it was released next Sunday... I would actually be angry.
    Yeah, I'd be pissed too. lol, I remember when the 700 came out I called off, lol.. Lucky for me I have 4 days off, Thurs-Sun...
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I'd say you didn't pay attention when it was announced in January (not February). At that time, they said in no uncertain terms that it would be available the first half of 2009. May is still the first half of 2009. So is June. That's not a delay.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I'll say it again, it's the "no info" policy that's killing everyone. People wouldn't get so upset if they knew a more definite release date or even within a 1 month frame. If they even came out and said it looks more like June, I bet people would be disapppointed but would relax.
    Why do you think they have been so tight lipped?
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Quote Originally Posted by ncaa68 View Post
    Palm can laugh all they want, I just bought a curve 8330 2 days ago because my Q crapped out and I didnt like having no idea when the pre was coming out. I am assuming Im not the only one
    I did the same thing, your not alone. My Centro crapped out..What was I going to do, sit here until May waiting for it to come out? If there was a solid date, maybe I would have activated an old flip phone for the time being, but it could be backlogged for 4 years, or Palm could go out of business first for all we know. I picked up a Pro though, so at least I stayed in the family
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    They basically did. Generally, first half of the year means June-ish anyway. Maybe they shouldn't have said "we're going to try to get it out as soon as possible," but even still, that's what it generally means.
    no, they didn't. saying "on or about June 1" is entirely different than saying "sometime in the first half of the year". it's all about setting expectations.

think before you post.
    Anyone with an ounce of common sense knew it'd be May or June and just hoping it wouldn't go beyond that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    no, they didn't. saying "on or about June 1" is entirely different than saying "sometime in the first half of the year". it's all about setting expectations.

think before you post.
    You know, whenever I've seen a company give a time frame for the release of a product, it's almost always at the very end of it. Take the original iPhone for instance: Coming out in June. When did it finally land? June 29th.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    so how about that video :-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I'd say you didn't pay attention when it was announced in January (not February). At that time, they said in no uncertain terms that it would be available the first half of 2009. May is still the first half of 2009. So is June. That's not a delay.
    Wrong - It was annouced on Feb 12th when Sprint release the tech specs. Which generally means a company is ready to release a product.

CES was the unveiling of a product still in development and they might as well have waited and unveiled it at one of the later conferneces. The hype from CES is OVER. Plam marketing has their heads up their @sses. Don't get me wrong, I hate to see Palm die, I think their phones are top notch for the most part, but come on... Learn how to release a product. They should have a sneak peek every week just to keep the hype up. There is no secret to what they are doing.

Also, no memory expansion and no 4g is a BIG negative....

WAIT, now that I think of it; If they are being tight lipped because they are going to incorporate Memory Expansion and 4g... Well all I can say then is FREAKIN BRILLIANT, they will CRUSH the competition.
    Last edited by apcmiami; 04/28/2009 at 07:39 AM.
    Also, no memory expansion and no 4g is a BIG negative....
    How on Earth is no 4G a big negative?
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Wrong - It was annouced on Feb 12th when Sprint release the tech specs. Which generally means a company is ready to release a product.
    So, the keynote address, where they had a huge video on stage that said "First Half of 2009" wasn't an announcement?

Wow.

I certainly feel like I've been put in my place.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast