Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jthelman View Post
    Technology is moving very fast. Waiting 4 mos (at least) from the time you announce a phone to release is an eternity. There's still no confirmed release date or price yet.

While the fanboys will start screaming about the "first half is what they said", there are a ton of people who have bailed out waiting.

The only "information" released recently was marketing spam from the "tell me when it is released" signup.

I know at least 2 people that bailed out for an iPhone and a Storm, and while not perfect, they are not vaporware right now.

I'm hanging in till end of June -- if the pre is delayed, I'll just buy a phone that exists.
    Same here.

They should only have announced it when it was ready and they had stock...Take a lesson from Crapple, announce it and have it avaliable within a couple of weeks (Those are the computers I am talking about not the iPhone). I think the Pre should have come out no later than Mar 6 to prevent people from moving to other platforms. I can't live without my Palm programs so that is why I haven't moved to anything else and I know it is that way for a lot of people but 5-6 months from annoncement is a little rediculous.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    CES was the best venue to announce it. The problem is they have TOO MUCH secrecy over the actual release date. They won't keep the public posted about anything. They don't have to tell us everything, just give a more definite time frame. They should now, because much of the first half has expired. I'm still hoping for a mid to end of May release.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Oh, Palm is most definitely laughing. Below is palm_inc latest tweet:

palm_incRT @precentral @palm_inc has a secret plan to make us all Buddhists, learning to live in the moment and not in the future.Zen of Palm indeed
    Bastids!
    Last edited by jcunwired; 04/27/2009 at 06:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Think about what the other poster said, his/her phone died. In terms of needing a new phone, "1st half of 2009" is vague and almost useless, especially since much of it's over and no word from Palm or Sprint. It's vague period, even if you don't need a phone now. I can see why he couldn't wait if he needs his phone for work emails. Although if he got an Ebay phone, he could still get the Pre.
    I had this same situation when my iPhone died a couple of weeks ago and you know what I did?
    Since I know I'm going to switch to the Pre, I borrowed my friend's Treo 650 that I will use until the Pre comes out.

I probably could have gotten my iPhone fixed for $60 - $80, but the Pre actually has just about all the things I want and a lot I felt was missing on the iPhone. Why bother getting another phone when we're not even at the end of the promised release timeframe?

.. the other funny thing is that the only two things I miss from the iPhone on the Treo are the web browser, 3G and Wifi. Otherwise I can do just about everything I did on the iPhone with the 650.

Anyway, it's an older phone but I'll happily use it until the pre comes out.
    Oh, which I'm not expecting to come out until the end of the first half of the year (the window given us), any earlier is just a bonus!
    Last edited by showson1; 04/27/2009 at 06:12 PM. Reason: typo
    Get it repaired and then sell it for money to buy the Pre.

There's a hot market for 3G iPhones right now, at least around here.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Palm can laugh all they want, I just bought a curve 8330 2 days ago because my Q crapped out and I didnt like having no idea when the pre was coming out. I am assuming Im not the only one
    And if they had already announced it would be out on 5/17...would you have just gone without a phone until then?
    Quote Originally Posted by jcunwired View Post
    Oh, Palm is most definitely laughing. Below is palm_inc latest tweet:

Bastids!
    GAH how dare you Palm!!! This violates the Geneva Convention!!
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Unless this thing has g4 and they incorporate a mem slot, they have blown it! Sorry to many linux based phones comin soon.
    the girl is cute, i forgot about the pre for a couple of seconds there.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by apcmiami View Post
    Unless this thing has g4 and they incorporate a mem slot, they have blown it! Sorry to many linux based phones comin soon.

whats g4?

you do know the iphone dont have a mem card and seem to be doing okay?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
    I wonder if they keep mocking us with stupid videos, will it help us feel better about waiting or will they lose some customers?
    I think everyone needs to take a step back. They're not mocking anyone, they just sponsored someone who apparently makes some pretty popular online show for an episode, and she just posted a light-hearted video about it. Sure, it might not be your type of humor, but it's probably not aimed at you anyway.
    Imagine they would have said, that the Pre will be available... in the next three years. Who would wait?? Sure it could be the whole three years, but it might also be four days or four weeks. It's still technically a definitive timetable after all.. That would classify as a "release date" Maybe you real fans would wait the whole three years?

It's not a question of whether first half of the year is technically definitive, if you have have a need for something, a six month window is far to vague for many people. Some people might be ok with a whole year window, but for some/many six months without a clue is too much.

And what happends if somehow Palm screws up and overshoots first half of 2009... Epic, epic failure. Plus, they seem all snotty and bratty about it, which makes things even worse. Like hahaha, we'll give you the phone when we feel like it, and you'll like it. That's the vibe I get from the twitter posts at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Hahaha I remember Perry. I don't think I can outshine him though
    Perry will be ditching his Iphone Soon! You all know that he was waiting for his Palm Treo 900. Perry will be back!!! with the Silly Season!!!
    they should have said from the beginning that it will be available on or about June 1. first rule of business = UPOD = under-promise, over-deliver.
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    whats g4?

you do know the iphone dont have a mem card and seem to be doing okay?
    The iPhone is not in the same league as a slider or keyboard mutiltasking handheld. The iphone is a toy and a fad.

Please do not compare the iPhone fruity phone to a REAL business phone.

So.... I still believe memory expansion is a MUST if you plan to be cutting edge. Also, how can you release this phone on the most advance network and not support their most advance internet protocal i.e. G4 WiMax or whatever it gonna be called.

So... with that being said, why get a PRE? There are phones on the horizon that will out perform this device. Plus with all the delays and no confirmation of a release date... forget about it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gekko View Post
    they should have said from the beginning that it will be available on or about June 1.
    They basically did. Generally, first half of the year means June-ish anyway. Maybe they shouldn't have said "we're going to try to get it out as soon as possible," but even still, that's what it generally means.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I think everyone needs to take a step back. They're not mocking anyone, they just sponsored someone who apparently makes some pretty popular online show for an episode, and she just posted a light-hearted video about it. Sure, it might not be your type of humor, but it's probably not aimed at you anyway.
    I thought it was cute. And by "it," of course, I mean "she."
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I think everyone needs to take a step back. They're not mocking anyone...

and

...sure, it might not be your type of humor, but it's probably not aimed at you anyway.
    This is even more sinister than I imagined... In addition to mocking us, they are also trying to tell us that we don't matter in the Palm scheme of things!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by apcmiami View Post
    Plus with all the delays and no confirmation of a release date... forget about it...
    What "delay"?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast