Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Hey PalmPreMadonna's:

What are some of the top apps you want to see on the Palm Pre? I have a Blackberry Curve 8900 and here are my top 10 favorite apps are:

1). Viigo: Best RSS reader, I spend most of my time here...
    4). Nimbuzz: Integrates Google Talk, Skype, ICQ, MSN Messenger, AIM, etc.
    5). WSJ mobile app: Get all the latest news, it's great
    6). VyMail: Sexy little visual voicemail app
    7). MobiPocket: I read all my ebooks and pdfs straight from my Blackberry
    8). 123Spoof: This crazy application lets you spoof your phone number. You can call your friends and make it look like your boss. A stalker's dream-come-true.
    9). Trapster: Notifies you of speed traps and traffic cameras. After paying hundreds of dollars in tickets, this app is a life saver.
    10). Vlingo: This is the best speech to text application on the market. It only works on Blackberry and iPhone right now.

What other apps should developers start making for Palm? PreFart maybe? I'm not as cool as the guys here at PreCentral.net, but check out my dorky site for new Palm Pre reviews and news

Raza Imam
    "a die-hard Blackberry user with a soft spot for the Palm Pre"
    Palm Pre Reviewer
    Last edited by rimam1; 04/28/2009 at 01:02 PM.
    1) Documents to Go
    2) Ultimate Phone, or some variety of highly-customizable photo dialer
    3) Butler
    4) PhonTuner, or some variety of musical tuner
    5) Solitaire

And that's honestly it.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Other than what's been already announced, I'd like to see an IRC client (yeah, I still use that old standard on occasion), a Shazam/MusicID app, Docs to Go, some sort of Weather app that posts updates in the notification area, a Twitter client, a good Alarm Clock, eWallet or SplashID (though I refuse to pay a subscription for that data), and a good calculator.

For the very last one, the calculator, I'm hoping that Palm has thought to include the advanced features that Treo calculators have had since the Handspring days, but if not, I'd use a third party one instead.

Oh, and I'm aware that you can get little bits of information about the weather from Google Calendar but I'd prefer slightly more detailed.

On top of that, a few decent games would be nice, but nothing specific in mind.

Edit: But.... since I've seen this same exact post on another site, I'd say you couldn't care less about what people's replies are and just using it as an excuse to spam your site link.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/27/2009 at 01:55 PM.
    1. Evernote (with the same ability to create/store notes as the iPhone version)
    2. A Newsgator RSS client (All of my systems sync RSS feeds via Newsgator)
    3. Pandora (check)
    4. Twitter client
    5. Facebook client (check)
    6. Documents to Go
    7. YouTube (check?)
    8. Sprint Navigation (check)
    9. Bejeweled 2
    1. HandBase
    2. Documents To Go
    3. Splash Money
    4. PDA Cookbook
    5. My Sports Training
    6. Garmin XT
    7. WiFi Router
    8. Some type of Voice Recorder Application
    9. Evernote
    10. Some type of Weather Application beyond just the browsing weather sites.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
    For me:

1. Mobipocket (or eReader, Stanza, etc) An ebook reader is easily my most-used application. I have 3 different ones on my 755, each of which does at least one thing better than the others.
    2. SplashID
    3. Docs 2 Go
    4. Portapodder (or similar)
    5. RPN (because serious calculators don't have an equals key)
    6. BigClock (or similar. Easy to read wakeup alarm/countdown timer)
    7. Xmarks (used to be FoxMarks, keeps all your bookmarks synced across platforms)
    8. Adblock2 (if it's worth blocking ads on a big screen, it's even more important on a little one).
    Global Posts
    666 Global Posts
    Laridian PocketBible
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dwhitman View Post
    For me:

1. Mobipocket (or eReader, Stanza, etc) An ebook reader is easily my most-used application. I have 3 different ones on my 755, each of which does at least one thing better than the others.
    2. SplashID
    3. Docs 2 Go
    4. Portapodder (or similar)
    5. RPN (because serious calculators don't have an equals key)
    6. BigClock (or similar. Easy to read wakeup alarm/countdown timer)
    7. Xmarks (used to be FoxMarks, keeps all your bookmarks synced across platforms)
    8. Adblock2 (if it's worth blocking ads on a big screen, it's even more important on a little one).
    I use a HP-42S RPN calculator that is almost as old as I am. (I'm 28) I switched in college to HP and would NEVER use another calculator. I paid $320 dollars for it on eBay. I'd probably pay more if needed....
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I really hope MLB comes out with an app for the Pre similar to their iPhone app. I use it almost more than the other apps and they are really making a ton of progress on it.

I'd also love to see SlingPlayer Mobile for the Pre.
    slingplayer mobile = MUST have...
    palm m103 > palm m130 > palm TlX > 755p > PRE (FINALLY!!!!)
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    1. Full office document editing, with sync to a web-office solution
    2. An app that pushes sports scores and stats, video access would be nice as well
    3. A Nike+ type running GPS app
    4. A thoroughly-customizable alarm clock app
    5. Google gears sync of things like reader, for no internet periods like flights
    6. Google Voice + VOIP
    7. Simple ability to text my gps location
    8. (maybe should be 1) Strong battery management with options reduce GPS usage, hibernate and autoforward under poor signal conditions, anything to make that 1150mAh battery last longer.
    9. Location based alarm, profile changes
    10. Tight integration of IM services to the planned contact setup with facebook and googletalk

Ideally the things I want are more OS side, than individual apps. I'd like music apps to act more like plugins to a main music service rather than individual apps. So I could hear a song playing at a bar, have the program figure it out, get the option to immediately buy it or create a pandora playlist from it, pull the lyrics for it. Same with maps, it'd be nice if different programs plugged into the same map and acted together seamlessly. Maybe this is the way things will work, out, doubt it, but it'd be nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I really hope MLB comes out with an app for the Pre similar to their iPhone app. I use it almost more than the other apps and they are really making a ton of progress on it.
    Agreed. In my opinion its the best 3rd party app ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by mobileman View Post
    Agreed. In my opinion its the best 3rd party app ever.
    I agree, although my history with 3rd party apps is limited. Although it is prone to some freezing (more of an iPhone thing) I can't think of any app that offers the slick interface and features that the MLB app does.

It would be even better on the Pre because I'd be able to listen to games and be in an app other than the MLB one!
    RSS app
    Multi IM client
    IRC client
    Number Spoofer
    PDF reader
    Do no Disturb during certain times unless from certain people program.
    Bejeweled 2
    Voice memo with ability to record who you are talking to
    Weather app
    Nice alarm with appointment integration
    NFL.com type app to keep track of scores during my favorite teams
    SNES, NES emulators.

In no real order, sure I can think of more and when I do I will post them later.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    1.) I would love to see some type of GPS program that's biker (as in bicycle) friendly. It would need to be able to track your route so you could look back at it after your done riding and view your stats. Which makes me wonder, why hasn't anyone invented a BlueTooth heart rate monitor for smart phones yet?

2.) CallBlock

3.) pre-Fart
    My Evolution
    Palm Pilot
    Palm V
    Clie N760C
    Treo 650
    Centro
    Pre
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    1. Voice Dial - many smart phones have this.
    2. Voice commands.
    3. Video recording - Isn't it strange that it took the iPhone so long to get this.
    4. Copy and paste from web page content. - Imbedded links shouldn't be a problem.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jewel View Post
    Laridian PocketBible
    This one should work under Classic. I did hear that Laridian is thinking about a Pre version.

Update: Laridian seems to be waiting to see if My Bible works under Classic.
    Last edited by TomD; 05/12/2009 at 09:44 PM.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    Multi IM client
    For this one, I think pretty shortly after launch more IM networks will be incorporated into Synergy so I doubt you'll have an issue there.

Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    NFL.com type app to keep track of scores during my favorite teams
    This would be a big one that I hadn't thought of. For years, smartphone users have been getting gyped on one of Sprint's major applications for dumbphones: NFL Mobile. With the season coming not too long after the Pre's launch, I hope this is a Sprint application that gets to the Pre very quickly.

Also, something I thought of is an eBook reader, I don't care who makes it as long as it supports the open-standard ePub.

And while it hasn't been announced yet, I think you're all covered for RSS, since that's the sample app being developed in the WebOS book. Even if Palm doesn't officially release their News app (though I'm sure they will), I have to imagine based on the book that it wouldn't be all that hard for someone to build up from their sample code.
    Pocket Quicken, a decent calculator and DocsToGo.
    I thought of another one

DOSBox port, so I can play my old DOS games.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast