Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Kinoma Play
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    WhitePages with reverse # lookup
    After getting stuck standing out in the rain today, I realized that I left one off my list: A weather application with in-motion radar.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    59 Global Posts
    yelp
    Netflix! Would be even better if you could stream the Instant Play Movies on the Pre as well!
    Quote Originally Posted by coorspate View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. I mean come on, my home phone will give me a name on all calls, on the caller ID display, why can't my cell phone?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Netflix! Would be even better if you could stream the Instant Play Movies on the Pre as well!
    Wow that would be cool! I love streaming my netflix stuff to my Tivo or xbox. I can't wait for the Pre to support Flash and the other internet goodies
    I don't know if this is possible on any smartphones right now, but I'd really like a way to connect to a hard drive, via bluetooth, usb or wifi and stream media. That way I could just keep a special hard drive in my car, then use my pre to play mp3's off of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by coorspate View Post
    I would only find that useful if it was instant.
    You can't get reverse lookup info for almost any cell-phone numbers anyway, so it seems to me there'd be almost no point to that.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 04/28/2009 at 02:43 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You can't get reverse lookup info for almost any cell-phone numbers anyway, so it seems to me there'd be almost no point to that.
    You do happen to know people call cell phones with landlines right?

Also with reverse lookups on cellphone numbers you can at least get location (city wise) and provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    You do happen to know people call cell phones with landlines right?

Also with reverse lookups on cellphone numbers you can at least get location (city wise) and provider.
    You already get location with Treos. And it seems like too much work for a feature that no other cellphone has, that is becoming more and more useless as people stop using landlines. Nobody is going to want to develop something that is on it's way to being obsolete.
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    You already get location with Treos. And it seems like too much work for a feature that no other cellphone has, that is becoming more and more useless as people stop using landlines. Nobody is going to want to develop something that is on it's way to being obsolete.

It actually would not be to hard to make I would not think, all you have to do is pull some info from whitepages.com
    Global Posts
    782 Global Posts
    Agreed on Slingbox! It still isn't available on the iPhone yet & rumor has it they will only be able to use it on WiFi even though Sprint has allowed it on their network forever. Verizon does as well--I am told.
    Last edited by Mike5; 04/28/2009 at 04:25 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Good lists. Would love to see Slingplayer and Evernote, many of the other most useful apps are already mentioned, and should be included due to their popularity.

Yelp, if able to use GPS for location based services would be incredible ("This restaurant is 3.2 miles from you"), otherwise the webpage would do.

RSS reader, doc reader would be big priorities for me. Brightkite or buddy beacon-type application to find friends would be great too, though i can live without it.

Yippee!

Edit: forgot to mention Skype, another nice to have.

OK, who am I kidding, I will probably be editing this post a lot
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    I don't know if this is possible on any smartphones right now, but I'd really like a way to connect to a hard drive, via bluetooth, usb or wifi and stream media. That way I could just keep a special hard drive in my car, then use my pre to play mp3's off of it.
    Yes you can do this on some windows mobile devices.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by asforme View Post
    That would be super sweet. It would also mean one less gadget to haul around. Bye bye IPod. I could deal with 8 Gigs of music most the time and have the hard drive in the car...
    In no particular order:

1. Docs to go
    2. Bejeweled 2, poker, etc..the usual casual games
    3. Kindle
    4. WSJ app & similar
    5. Call Rec or similar
    6. Slingbox, you tube
    7. Quicken or Money, paypal, tvalue like app (amortization, time value)
    8. Pandora and similar
    9. Movies app tied into netflix
    10. Twitter, facebook,flickr..social ones
    11. yellow/white pages tied to navigation and universal search
    12. Weather
    Quote Originally Posted by Banger View Post
    I would only find that useful if it was instant.
    jhoff80
    i have the white pages app on my iphone now and its great for looking up someone that called. with the iphone itself and i hope the pre you get the state and sometimes the city of the call in your call history screen(instant would be better). with white pages you can enter the unknown # and you will get full name, anyone else in the household's name and full address. since i am in a service industry and have to drive to different homes every day, it comes in very handy.

you would be surprised at how many people will mess up their own address. this app makes things easy. plus you can also do a people search and business search.
    in no order
    agendus
    call block
    doc to go
    timesheet
    crypex
    adriain money
    sudoku
    theses are my must have cant live with out
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast