Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Just so you guys know not everything that this dude wrote on his blog is true

"@singersorel - is new rumor true that the pre will not be able to send a picture that you take on it in email or texting?"

and @Palm Inc responded with:

"Rumor is not true"
    I love lolcats
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I don't know how many more times this can be said. Javascript and Java are NOT the same thing. The Pre has no support for Java applets. It does however fully support Javascript, which is one of the foundations of the OS along with CSS and HTML5.
    Thanks for the correction.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post

"@singersorel - is new rumor true that the pre will not be able to send a picture that you take on it in email or texting?"

"Rumor is not true"
    yea, people are getting very confused. taking a picture and sending via a text like message is MMS, which the phone will be capable of. Its not however going to use the sprint picture mail...which was what sprint provided (their half *** excuse) when it didn't allow mms on phones.
    Quote Originally Posted by zionixi View Post

"Rumor is not true"
    That really never was a rumor, just a misconception.

Why people wanted PictureMail in the first place is beyond me as the system is very poor. Other providers when you receive an MMS you can preview it instead of having to select the PictureMail link and then view it in your web browser.

To summarize, picture messaging will still be there and it will be much cooler and easier.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
  5.    #105  
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post

Why people wanted PictureMail in the first place is beyond me as the system is very poor. Other providers when you receive an MMS you can preview it instead of having to select the PictureMail link and then view it in your web browser.

To summarize, picture messaging will still be there and it will be much cooler and easier.
    I think it's just us who have never had anything else other than Picture Mail. And Picture Mail on the Instinct allows for me to preview it, and view instantly (no clicking a link to open web browser). I figured the Pre would be similar...sounds like it will, it just won't be through Picture Mail.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
  6.    #106  
    Here's her clarification of the plans available for the Pre. For the full list of plans, check out Palm Pre Monthly Service Plans « Inside Sprint Now

And for the most frequently asked question of the day…

What about my SERO plan? – You’ll have to switch to the EPRP program if you want the Palm Pre. I know you don’t want to hear that, but that’s the way it is, and I can’t see it changing considering the push behind it.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Well, that's disappointing - my old Fair & Flex plan doesn't qualify. I was hoping that they would just leave it at "no SERO". No way I'm going to spend $35 more a month to get more minutes that I won't use.

Then again, if they just meant that stuff for getting a subsidized phone, I'll gladly buy it unsubsidized. Guess we'll see?
  8.    #108  
    Quote Originally Posted by erwos View Post
    Well, that's disappointing - my old Fair & Flex plan doesn't qualify. I was hoping that they would just leave it at "no SERO". No way I'm going to spend $35 more a month to get more minutes that I won't use.
    Is Everything Data 450 for $69 $35 more than what you pay on F&F?
    Last edited by ImmaSlave4U; 04/28/2009 at 09:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    Is Everything Data 450 for $69 is $35 more than what you pay on F&F?
    No, but for the family plan it certainly is.
    What's your family plan then?
    Anyone disappointed with the "will not support phone as a modem" statement?

that is such a downer. Hopefully USB modem will be able to work on CLASSIC.
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    What's your family plan then?
    $70 minimum F&F, add on ~$27 for data.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    Anyone disappointed with the "will not support phone as a modem" statement?

that is such a downer. Hopefully USB modem will be able to work on CLASSIC.
    I'm about this much disappointed: | |

It's not a huge deal to me, especially with how robust the Pre browser appears to be. I doubt that it will be a long time before some enterprising developer whips together a PDAnet-style workaround, though.

As for USB Modem in Classic, that I doubt. Considering that it doesn't support actual HotSyncing, I'm going to assume that Classic actually doesn't have access to the USB port at all (and would be confused by its configuation as a USB port and not a Palm Universal Connector).
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Well, you could cancel it if out of contract and get a 1600min Family Plus for 109 a month. It's 12.00 more but does include Sprint Nav and possibly more minutes. Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program Sprint has included every phone on that site but we won't know for sure til day of release.
    Quote Originally Posted by cardfan View Post
    Everything Plus(SM) Referral Program Sprint has included every phone on that site but we won't know for sure til day of release.
    Several comments on PreCentral, and that Inside Sprint guy states that Everything Plus Referral Program(EPRP) works with the Pre.
    Just an FYI, the exact time of the Wish you were here song is.....

5:26
    Check it on Wikipedia
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wish_You_Were_Here_(album)
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jwdv22 View Post
    Just an FYI, the exact time of the Wish you were here song is.....
    Ooh, nice find - and in a first post no less! Makes you wonder, doesn't it? If that's the actual target date then I've got to give it up for someone very creative at Palm for coming up with that. I've included a repaired link to the album.

Wish You Were Here track listing
    Last edited by Scott_L; 04/28/2009 at 09:07 PM.
    I have the same one. This ticks me off a little bit, they always got to use bait and switch... corporate bastards
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    La la la lalalalala lalaaaaaaaa!
    La la la lalalalala lalaaaaaaaa!
    La la

That ain't singing, and I ain't no fat lady, so lets wait until she sings.

Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post

Not having embedded MMS has always been a sore subject with me and Sprint. The 700w/wx didn't have it, and the 755p/800w had it only if you downloaded the Sprint Picture Mail app. That was totally worthless because if you sent an MMS to someone whose phone supported it, they got the message but no picture. They had to go to the Internet to view the picture. I'm glad that the Treo Pro supports it fully, and that the Pre will as well.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast