Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ultima301 View Post
    What I really like about this (that hasn't already been mentioned) is the part in the beginning where he says

"Despite the fact that all of us that know the actual release date of the device are bound by a NDA and our job titles"

which implies that Sprint knows for sure now when this thing's going to launch, and since the included trailer is likely a tie-in with the launch, the release date is almost certainly sometime in May!
    Let's say that May 17th is the date that they were working towards when they gave phones to the Sprint techs to start learning and developing training. Okay, sounds good. But if something happens between then and now, and they need to push the date back, it would be a trivial matter to load it up with a different trailer for a movie releasing later.

Even if the people most in the know right now think it's prior to May 29th, it could still get pushed back.

Absent an official announcement on a release date from Sprint, nothing is certain.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    That post says no flash support in browser

boo
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
    That post says no flash support in browser

boo
    I thought we all knew that? It won't be supported until end of 09.
    Quote Originally Posted by ImmaSlave4U View Post
    That's why I too am concerned with the Sprint insider saying it doesn't copy and paste in the browser...and the only video we have of copy and paste shows it being done in notes.
    They said, explicitly that it doesn't copy/paste in the browser?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    They said, explicitly that it doesn't copy/paste in the browser?
    Under the header for web browser:
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    1,047 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Awesome stuff here, seems either detailed enough to be legit or detailed enough that this person loves screwing with our heads. Posted up.
    One slight, but important error in your post. You have:
    "claims that a data plan (either Simply Everything or Business Data) will be required,"

He has:
    "the device will require either a Simply Everything/Simply Everything Data Plan or a Business Essentials Data Plan"

Please note SIMPLY EVERYTHING DATA is missing from your story.

Thanks Dieter for riding this Pre bucking bronco for us.
    Tom
    Pilot Prō --> M100 --> Trēō 600 --> Trēō 700p -- > Prē
    Well...they said the Pre can do MMS, so..if they say no Picture Mail...doesn't that just mean that the received pictures just land up on the phone directly instead, and you no longer have to go through the whole Picture Mail ordeal to look at it (meaning it will show you a preview first, then you download it)?

If that's the case, that's fine by me, as long as we can text pics to each other!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Well...they said the Pre can do MMS, so..if they say no Picture Mail...doesn't that just mean that the received pictures just land up on the phone directly instead, and you no longer have to go through the whole Picture Mail ordeal to look at it (meaning it will show you a preview first, then you download it)?

If that's the case, that's fine by me, as long as we can text pics to each other!
    I find direct MMS much better than having to go through a website.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Can you select/highlight text on a Web page?

No.

This really bugs me
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    That's why I too am concerned with the Sprint insider saying it doesn't copy and paste in the browser...and the only video we have of copy and paste shows it being done in notes.
    As far as the webOS book is concerned, it's implied that C/C/P is available for all text fields, so anywhere you can enter text is able to be cut, copied, or pasted. No word in there on browser use, so I can't comment one way or the other.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post
    "claims that a data plan (either Simply Everything or Business Data) will be required,"

He has:
    "the device will require either a Simply Everything/Simply Everything Data Plan or a Business Essentials Data Plan"

Yes, and I am fairly certain the Sprint insider meant "Simply Everything/Everything Data" rather than "Simply Everything Data" as "Simply" is only used in the $99 unlimited Everything plan.

I think we can rest assured that the three tiers of the Everything Data plans will be supported as it was specifically pointed out as such in the Sprint web video they did a while back.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
  12.    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post

As long as they don't just sent us a link to go to a website to view the picture. That is what I was worried about when I read 'no Sprint Picture Mail'. I've never had a phone without picture mail (well, not for a long time), so I'm just unsure how it'll work. But if it works the way you have described, I certainly will have no complaints. Like you said, as long as we can send/receive images, we're all good!
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." L. Ron Hubbard
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Libb View Post
    As far as the webOS book is concerned, it's implied that C/C/P is available for all text fields, so anywhere you can enter text is able to be cut, copied, or pasted. No word in there on browser use, so I can't comment one way or the other.
    I was just looking back at a post about that. So, it sounds like e-mail and text messages will be fine. Still unsure of web browser.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Under the header for web browser:
    Thanks.

The expletive-free version of my response is: Screw this phone.

It took scouring a message board daily for months to find out something THIS damned basic? Hm. My expletive meter says I should just stop right there.

I'm out.

I've forgotten the original source, but I hope it's proven to be false. And hopefully, the news will make it to me somehow. Time for a flurry of unsubscribing.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    Can you select/highlight text on a Web page?

No.

This makes me a sad panda.

In regards to no PictureMail support, I hope this means true MMS then. The Instinct has true MMS so Sprint has the support to do it.

Nothing on Visual Voice Mail. =/
    Quote Originally Posted by TomD View Post

He has:

Updated and thanks -- but don't all SE plans include data anyway?
    Dear Mozilla and/or Opera,

Please make a moble browser for webos before the release date. Please include cut/paste.

Thank you for your time.

There, problem solved.
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyusaku View Post
    In regards to no PictureMail support, I hope this means true MMS then. The Instinct has true MMS so Sprint has the support to do it.

Nothing on Visual Voice Mail. =/
    Oh, ok....thank you. Thanks for clearing that up. I have the Instinct, and it I receive the pictures directly to my phone (no links)...but it's still called PictureMail, so I was confused. And that's what I'm hoping for the Pre.

Oh! And Visual Voicemail! I love VVM on my Instinct and you'd think we'd know by know if the Pre had it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    Updated and thanks -- but don't all SE plans include data anyway?
    Simply Everything includes unlimited data, talk, and messaging.

Everything Data includes unlimited data and messaging.

Everything Messaging is just unlimited messaging.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Global Posts
    815 Global Posts
    Oh, ok....thank you. Thanks for clearing that up. I have the Instinct, and it I receive the pictures directly to my phone (no links)...but it's still called PictureMail, so I was confused.
    When you send an MMS from your phone to an e-mail address though, does it send the pic, or a link to the pic?
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast