1.    #1  
    I'm really getting tired of this. I really don't have any exciting news or something productive to add to the forum right now, but I figured I'd share my frustrations. Thanks for listening.
    Quote Originally Posted by schnoid View Post
    I'm really getting tired of this. I really don't have any exciting news or something productive to add to the forum right now, but I figured I'd share my frustrations. Thanks for listening.
    I totally feel u on this man...my 755 has been acting up lately too. It would be nice to get some sort of update from Sprint/Palm. This really sucks. I understand we're still within the FHo2009 crap, but having absolutely no news or update is ridiculous.
    We should have a thread specifically for those that are feeling like this. We should all let it out.

I am Dr. Frasier and ..... I'm listening...

4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Krod301 View Post
    We should have a thread specifically for those that are feeling like this. We should all let it out.

I am Dr. Frasier and ..... I'm listening...
    I'm sure there's a lot of threads for people that feel like this, but I appreciate the support. Everyday I feel like I'm in an AA meeting for the Palm Pre
    Well Dr. Frasier - I'm at the point where I'm conflicted about my feelings towards Sprint/Palm. I want them to succeed with the Pre - yet the way they are handling this lack of updates is driving me up the wall. At least knowing a part of their timeline or plan would be a nice piece of mind that what we're waiting for will be worth it. At the same time, I'm almost hoping for another phone to come along (ahem new iPhone hardware upgrade) and crush Palm's hopes for a comeback to teach them a lesson for not striking when the iron's hot. But yeah I guess I'm getting really impatient with all the speculation and rumors and not having any solid information we can bank on.
    I'm feeling the same way--impatient, and a little frustrated with the lack of information. On the other hand, I've been in Palm's shoes (trying to deliver something as fast as possible with customers who are demanding it sooner), and it's a tough call as to how it should be handled.

I think the best way would have been to give us a release date of June 30th (which hopefully was amazingly achievable) and then deal with the consequences of being either early or late. The uncertainty for customers is agonizing.

The other option would be to tell customers everything, but that puts them on the roller coaster ride, and probably increases their anxiety. But you don't want to let customers in on the "sausage making" if it's a little ugly in there.

The un-release date thing, though, is probably the worst.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
    Mine has been acting up too. The battery isn't holding it's charge as long. I was going to replace the battery, but I can hold out if the pre is coming... I really want a new phone. It also went into a update loop for power vision, I just had to remove the battery to get it to stop, tho.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    my 755p also went through a power vision update loop today (4/27). In fact, I had to call in for support just to get it back to normal.
    I'm starting to have problems with mine too. I know my brother is waiting because he can't stand his 800w. Waiting sucks.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Weird, not only did my 755p go through the update loop. But over this last weekend it started giving me really strange memory errors and when I did a soft reset, it restarted with EVERYTHING gone. (Just like a hard reset.) Thank goodness for nightly SD card backups.

Dang my phone is feeling really old. I want a shiny new Pre.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by carrel View Post
    Weird, not only did my 755p go through the update loop. But over this last weekend it started giving me really strange memory errors and when I did a soft reset, it restarted with EVERYTHING gone. (Just like a hard reset.) Thank goodness for nightly SD card backups.

Dang my phone is feeling really old. I want a shiny new Pre.
    I had that random hard reset too a few weeks back. I was really pissed. Lost some pictures and texts, but overall I had most of my stuff sync'd up. I also had the vision update unsuccessfully happen a few times this past weekend, but I have no idea why or what it was supposed to do. Honestly, I don't really care too much if it gets me through the next few weeks when I get the Pre.