Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32
  1.    #1  
    what should i expect from tmo and sprint?

    anyone else do this b4? how did it go?
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  2. #2  
    Every time I have inquired on porting a number over, I've been told that it takes weeks. Recently I have been involved in porting a few business phone numbers over to IP phone sets, and the process does take a few a weeks. I don't think it is instantaneous with any carrier. It can be done, just be prepared for a short waiting period.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Felipe View Post
    what should i expect from tmo and sprint?

    anyone else do this b4? how did it go?
    I ported three numbers from tmobile to sprint. It went over very easy and fast with no issues. once the numbers went to sprint, tmobile sent me my final bill. It only took 2 days to complete. If you give all correct info when you go to port and the tmobile account is current, then it should be 1-2 days tops for everything to convert over.
    Last edited by compneo; 04/26/2009 at 04:39 PM.
  4. #4  
    I've done it from Verizon to Att and Att back to Verizon and all it took was a coulple of hours, quick and painless.

    Once completely ported, you'll receive a final bill from Tmobile.
  5. #5  
    I ported my # this spring and it took 1 hour. They did say it could take up to 48 hours.
  6. #6  
    If I were to order a phone from the Sprint site & decide to port over my Tmo number...Does the process of porting begin once my order is submitted or does it begin once I receive the phone?
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by coorspate View Post
    I ported my # this spring and it took 1 hour. They did say it could take up to 48 hours.
    That's good they can port numbers over that quick now. I haven't experienced that yet trying to port business phones numbers from AT&T over to IP phones. It must be because I am porting over 8 to 10 business numbers.
    My Phone & My Wife's Phone Two Unlocked GSM Treo Pro's

  8. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by palandri View Post
    That's good they can port numbers over that quick now. I haven't experienced that yet trying to port business phones numbers from AT&T over to IP phones. It must be because I am porting over 8 to 10 business numbers.
    Minutes now... before I left the store, my phone was active and working. You'll need your T-Mobile Account Number, Phone Number, and Password to make the process go smooth.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  9. #9  
    i ported from ATT/Cingular to Sprint 2 years ago and within 20-30 minutes after i got off the phone with the operator my new phone was working with my old number
  10. #10  
    I've asked this once before but I'd love to be ABSOLUTELY certain.

    I plan on signing on as a new customer when I get the Pre (I have the iPhone now). I'm going to test out the phone and the service for a few weeks, and if I am pleased I will cancel my AT&T contract and port my number to Sprint.

    Will there be any problems with Sprint replacing my number they gave me with the Pre with the ported one from AT&T?

    Thanks!
  11. #11  
    relax and lower your anxiety level. it's all quite fast, easy, and painless. this is 2009.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I've asked this once before but I'd love to be ABSOLUTELY certain.

    I plan on signing on as a new customer when I get the Pre (I have the iPhone now). I'm going to test out the phone and the service for a few weeks, and if I am pleased I will cancel my AT&T contract and port my number to Sprint.

    Will there be any problems with Sprint replacing my number they gave me with the Pre with the ported one from AT&T?

    Thanks!
    No, they will not give you any problems porting it over.
  13. #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    If I were to order a phone from the Sprint site & decide to port over my Tmo number...Does the process of porting begin once my order is submitted or does it begin once I receive the phone?
    It's a good idea if you're going to order your phone online to have it come with a new number and then have Sprint port the old number over once you received it or the new phone will be ported before the phone is shipped and you will be without a phone for the time they pack it to the time you receive it.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I've asked this once before but I'd love to be ABSOLUTELY certain.

    I plan on signing on as a new customer when I get the Pre (I have the iPhone now). I'm going to test out the phone and the service for a few weeks, and if I am pleased I will cancel my AT&T contract and port my number to Sprint.

    Will there be any problems with Sprint replacing my number they gave me with the Pre with the ported one from AT&T?

    Thanks!
    The first part is a great idea. This gives you time to see if you like the phone before switching carriers. The second part is probably more difficult as I was told by Sprint that I could not port my number to Sprint from another carrier unless I was out of contract. I don't think you will be able to cancel your contract and then port the number over. I think you'll loose the number if you cancel a contract before the contract is up. That would be easy to check by calling either AT&T or Sprint (I'd contact both).
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    It's a good idea if you're going to order your phone online to have it come with a new number and then have Sprint port the old number over once you received it or the new phone will be ported before the phone is shipped and you will be without a phone for the time they pack it to the time you receive it.
    Thanks. That sounds logical. I will do that then.
  15. #15  
    My last port from AT&T to Verizon was instantaneous. My ported (to Verizon) number began working while I was still on the phone with AT&T.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by pavvento View Post
    I've asked this once before but I'd love to be ABSOLUTELY certain.

    I plan on signing on as a new customer when I get the Pre (I have the iPhone now). I'm going to test out the phone and the service for a few weeks, and if I am pleased I will cancel my AT&T contract and port my number to Sprint.

    Will there be any problems with Sprint replacing my number they gave me with the Pre with the ported one from AT&T?

    Thanks!
    Just a heads up, don't cancel the AT&T line before requesting a number port with Sprint else you lose the AT&T number.

    The correct procedure is this: if you are then satisfied with the Sprint service, let Sprint know you want to port your AT&T number over. That whole process initiates the cancellation on AT&T's end and they send you a final bill.
  17. #17  
    Ported my wife's number from Verizon to Sprint a few years ago. The phone was up and working in less than an hour.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    It's a good idea if you're going to order your phone online to have it come with a new number and then have Sprint port the old number over once you received it or the new phone will be ported before the phone is shipped and you will be without a phone for the time they pack it to the time you receive it.

    The first part is a great idea. This gives you time to see if you like the phone before switching carriers. The second part is probably more difficult as I was told by Sprint that I could not port my number to Sprint from another carrier unless I was out of contract. I don't think you will be able to cancel your contract and then port the number over. I think you'll loose the number if you cancel a contract before the contract is up. That would be easy to check by calling either AT&T or Sprint (I'd contact both).
    You are correct that you cannot port a number once you cancel your contract, however you CAN port your number while still under contract, since I have done this from Nextel to Verizon, to Sprint, to ATT, while all under contract.
  19. #19  
    This is very useful information. I switched my AT&T number from a personal plan to a corporate plan. I hope their are no snags porting my number from the AT&T corporate plan to Sprint.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  20. #20  
    Another question.
    My cell number is from New York City. I currently live in Orlando, FL. I never changed my number when I moved, didn't want to go through the hassle of updating everyone & everything.

    When I order the Pre, I will most likely be given a Florida number (since it will be shipped to my house). Will Sprint give me issues on porting a NY number to a phone being used in a FL region?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions