Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    This article states that pre-ordering the Pre will be available 1 month before the launch of the Pre. That means the 17th is not the date. I hope this is not true!

PreThinking - Home - Palm Pre avalible for Pre-order one month before its launch, 5/17 not the release date?
    I saw that when prethinking first put it on their page and didn't think much of it because it was news from a Sprint CSR and I don't put much faith in them anymore...so I dismissed it altogether.
    Quote Originally Posted by lastdetailwd View Post
    I saw that when prethinking first put it on their page and didn't think much of it because it was news from a Sprint CSR and I don't put much faith in them anymore...so I dismissed it altogether.
    "Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today, and you make your tomorrow." —L. Ron Hubbard
    Don't believe a thing that Sprint customer service reps say about the Pre. They don't know anymore than we know.

Besides, why would Sprint want to enable pre-ordering? They want customers lined up at the door of every Sprint store, not sitting patiently at their computers waiting to click a link.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    That's according to what a CSR said....isn't it?

Didn't some other CSR tell a member on SprintUsers that the Pre will be available for pre-order, uhm...like a month ago? That didn't happen.

For this phone, I think a good part of the usual Sprint playbook is flying out the window.
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    That's according to what a CSR said....isn't it?

Didn't some other CSR tell a member on SprintUsers that the Pre will be available for pre-order, uhm...like a month ago? That didn't happen.

For this phone, I think a good part of the usual Sprint playbook is flying out the window.
    Agreed.. CSR's have been saying all sorts of things about this phone.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Remember CSR's said that the Pre would come out in Feburary.
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    Remember CSR's said that the Pre would come out in Feburary.
    Those were the ones that didn't pass spelling 101 and couldn't tell "pro" from the "pre".
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Don't believe a thing that Sprint customer service reps say about the Pre. They don't know anymore than we know.

Besides, why would Sprint want to enable pre-ordering? They want customers lined up at the door of every Sprint store, not sitting patiently at their computers waiting to click a link.
    Preordering is a good idea for those who have no time for all that waiting. I honestly don't know why so many people did that for the iPhone either!! I'm not sitting outside anywhere overnight for anything, unless it's an emergency or something.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyZ28 View Post
    Those were the ones that didn't pass spelling 101 and couldn't tell "pro" from the "pre".
    So like 99% of CSR for cell phone companies?
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    They don't know anymore than we know.
    Actually they probably know less
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Actually they probably know less
    I understand that CSRs are misinformed much of the time, but after a certain point they are going to have to know what is going on. That's just the way it has to be. Sprint will have to let them know so that they can service the customer as best they can.

Now, this might not be the case on this issue, but I see them leeking info at some point.
    Last edited by dtokarz; 04/26/2009 at 08:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Preordering is a good idea for those who have no time for all that waiting. I honestly don't know why so many people did that for the iPhone either!! I'm not sitting outside anywhere overnight for anything, unless it's an emergency or something.
    Or you could just order it online and have it shipped to the location of your choosing.
    "'Form follows function' — that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I will be ordering online, I get a pretty good discount on both device and plan through the corporation I work for. The only thing I would stand in line for is if Angelina came with it for a week
    Make sure you get a hepathitis vaccine afterwards....
    Or you could just order it online and have it shipped to the location of your choosing.
    I was thinking if the Pre does sell out in the first week, you can still get yours, either shipped or store pick up. They're supposed to fill preorders first.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I was thinking if the Pre does sell out in the first week, you can still get yours, either shipped or store pick up. They're supposed to fill preorders first.
    In-store pre-orders would be a difficult thing to manage, I would think. I could see pre-order working well for release day delivery, but what would be the point of pre-order pick-up a week later?
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I meant you preorder and when the phones come in, the store reserves yours and calls you to pick yours up. Or do you always have to have it shipped? What's Sprint's policy on preorders?

BTW, AT&T did preorders for the 2nd batch of iPhones after the first batches were cleared out. Those who preordered were first in line when the next batch arrived.

I meant you preorder and when the phones come in, the store reserves yours and calls you to pick yours up. Or do you always have to have it shipped? What's Sprint's policy on preorders?
    In general, unless it was a car, I've always thought of pre-order as a home delivery option.
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I'm pretty certain that you could pick up your preordered iPhone from the store, although that may have something to do with customer tracking that only iPhone requires.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast